[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Approaching_Omaha.jpg (1MB, 3000x2147px) Image search: [Google]
Approaching_Omaha.jpg
1MB, 3000x2147px
I was browsing /his/ when I just found out being into history for WW2 is a meme and a normie interest. This makes me sad since it comprises 75% of my interest in history.

What do I do now? I'm about to finish up my Senior year of history in my undergraduate school. What should I be reading? What should I look for instead? I was thinking Meiji Restoration-era Japan, but I don't want to be a weeb either.
>>
You're a normie. Stop worrying about what other /his/ people think and just enjoy life.

Don't forget to compare politicians you mildly dislike to Hitler.
>>
>>3379713
>WW2 is a meme and a normie interest
Only because most people get their knowledge of it from movies, vidya, and facebook memes.
If you delve into the plethora of academic works done on WW2, it's no different to serious study of any other period like the bronze age collapse or Mesoamerican history unless you like obscure shit for the sake of obscurity.
>>
>>3379746
>it's no different to serious study of any other period like the bronze age collapse
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3379713
You graduate into the slightly less but still normie study of WW1, from there you learn about something genuinely /his/ like pre-dynastic egypt or the celtic migrations
>>
>>3379713
Go to WWI, normies haven't touched WWI that much
>>
Don't be a contrarian and study what interests you, you fucking hipster. If I told you normies liked living would you kill yourself? There are plenty of totally legitimate academics who study the world wars, they're a massive part of the 20th century and immensely formative to the world we live in today. Just enjoy what you enjoy.
>>
File: 1505348895949.png (718KB, 1291x845px) Image search: [Google]
1505348895949.png
718KB, 1291x845px
>>3379713
Study the world post-WW2, the rise of Israel and Arabia, specially the Cold War and Vietnam, all the fucked up things that happened next, like the Balkan War.
Basically, become redpilled about der ewige Juden.
>>
File: Fawn Flowers.jpg (190KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Fawn Flowers.jpg
190KB, 820x1024px
>>3379780
Seconded.
>>
>>3379777
ww1 is normie as as fuck cunt, go back to plebit with your dan carlin tier history
>>
>>3380552
not that anon, but dude... relax
>>
>>3379713
You should be reading up on post-Seljuk Anatolian beyliks like a real man.
>>
>>3380574
sorry, people enjoying things i dont personally like is a major pet peeve
>>
>>3379713
Continue following your field of interest and feel lucky. Focus on Hitler and get rich. Abandon /his/ forever since you're a normie.
>>
>>3379713
>I just found out being into history for WW2 is a meme and a normie interest
Do you live in a cave on a remote island of the Micronesia or are you lying about the academic part since you're 16?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.