[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Master, Which is the Great Commandment in the Law? How to Love Thyself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: nemelka.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
nemelka.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
The concept of God (i.e., savior, higher power, etc. that supports religious belief) is successful because of the inability of people to learn to love their own self.

The idea and image of a loving, just god, counters the effects that the world has on one’s self-esteem. The mortal experience, currently, is not set up to allow a person to see the self as the greatest life form. It is difficult to see our unique self as equal to everyone else’s self when others are physically more beautiful, economically more blessed, and ‘appear’ to be more successful at dealing with mortal life upon Earth. But if we could change what “success during life” means, we could empower the self over the concepts of a god taught to us by others.

IF ONLY the later Christian leaders and New Testament translators hadn’t changed the ENTIRE MEANING of the Jesus story, where Jesus is asked,

“Master, which is the great commandment in the law?”

The original Greek would have been properly translated,

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love thyself with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

In the beginning stages of Christianity, this part of the Jesus story emboldened people to stand up against their religious leaders. Their religious leaders were the ones teaching the people about God, about God’s commandments, about God’s will, which in reality, was about THEM (the leaders), about THEIR commandments, about THEIR will. It was hard for the leaders to subject the people to THEIR WILL and get the people to obey THEIR commandments and present a belief in a god that was all about THEM, when Jesus supposedly said, “On these two commandments hang ALL the law and the prophets.”
>>
The fix was easy enough for the religious leaders of that time period. They changed “thyself” in the first part of Jesus’ response to “the Lord thy God.”

Once the people were convinced that they had to give up loving their own self in order to love and serve God as Jesus said was the FIRST GREATEST COMMANDMENT (whatever this God was or whatever this God wanted by command and interpretation of the religious leaders), the people were much easier to control.

GODDAMN, religion is a crock of HOLY SHIT!

If I had lived back then … and maybe I did as another man, who knows, Right? … and I could have convinced people that I was sent by God to teach them God’s will, that I was one of “the prophets” of whom Jesus spoke, these are the kinds of things I would have told the people:

(Yep, this is all Isaiah:)

“Thus saith the Lord thy God:

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: you have all forsaken the true Lord, you have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, because you are all gone away backward.

Why should ye allow yourselves to be stricken any more? Will ye revolt more and more: the whole head is sick. The head is those who claim that they are my leaders who lead you in my ways. And the head causeth the whole heart to be faint.
>>
From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in my people; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment. The people who claim to be my people are no better than the people of Sodom and of Gomorrah.

Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom, ye who are the head; and give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

To what purpose and use is your religious ordinances and practices? To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of your pretended sacrifices, of your ordinances, of your meetings, of our counsels, of your temples, churches, and places of worship. Ye do not worship me. Ye do not know me.

Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth in that they claim to believe in me and keep my word, and with their lips do honor me, they have removed their faint heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precepts of men, even those men who are the sickened head.

When ye come to appear before me at your gatherings, at your churches, in your temples, who hath required these things at your hand, to tread my courts?

Bring no more vain oblations to me; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
>>
And when ye spread forth your hands and pray unto me, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear.

Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well. Doing well before me is seeking judgment for the poor, relieving the oppressed, judging the fatherless, pleading for the widow.

CEASE YE FROM MAN, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?”

Yeah, I would pretty much tell the people that ALL of their religious belief and bullshit church work and ordinances is … BULLSHIT. And the ONLY thing that they should be doing to prove their love for God is to TREAT EACH OTHER GOOD AND TAKE CARE OF ALL THOSE IN NEED.

How does one feel when one helps another person in need? One feels good inside, not from any feeling that a god gives to them, but from a natural response of their own brain. This feeling of good is empowering. It is self-serving. It is the way that we can love our unique self with all of our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind. It is a feeling and closeness to the TRUE GOD.

GOD I FUCKING HATE RELIGION, ESPECIALLY RELIGIOUS LEADERS OR ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE CONNECTED TO GOD AND RECEIVES INSTRUCTION FROM GOD FOR OTHERS! Gaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwddddddd!!!!!

But anyways …

How’s your day going?
>>
source: http://christophernemelka.com/journal/2017/09/12/master-great-commandment-law-how-love-thyself
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.