[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain Islam to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: How Embarrassing.jpg (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
How Embarrassing.jpg
232KB, 1000x1000px
I know the most basic details about his Muhammad and his conquest and how Islam spread afterwards. Can someone give me a quick rundown on what it is, comparing and contrasting with Christianity?
>>
>>3374187
Islam is a shitty fan fiction of the Abrahamic source materal.
>>
>>3374197
this
>>
it's iirc a mix of judaism and pagan arab beliefs that's heavily expansionistic
>>
>>3374187
Arian Christianity, Jesus is Messiah but not God incarnate. Muhammad is final prophet, pray five times a day, give charity, get four wives and unlimited sex slaves, no intoxicants, fight niggas and basically go to sand nigga Valhalla, das it mane.
>>
>>3374187
How come no one else notices that is a vagina.
>>
One thing to bear in mind is that it is completely different from Christianity in its focus, theology, piety, and practice. You'll generally have to memorize and confess the Apostles' and Nicene creed, which describe a trinitarian and complex theology because the knowledge of God and the sacrifice of His Son is essential to salvation. One must grow in grace through attendance to the prayers, preaching, and sacraments of the church.

Christianity is much more theological. It pretty much has to be, because it has to defend monotheism as well as the deity of Christ, and at the same time entry into heaven is based on some faith in the theological message of Christ, although living a life in conformity to Christ is a part of it.

Islam has theology, but it's a much simpler theology and being a good Muslim is less about your doctrinal confession than it is about living according to the principles of Islamic law and basic acts of worship (the 5 pillars). They believe they are the primal religion (and thus the real center of their theology is a strict monotheism, or the unity of God, or tawheed). Aside from the very simple monotheistic confession of Islam, Muslims are required to conform themselves to the entire life of the faithful, and it's much more about living according to its rites and legal principles than it is about accepting a complicated theological message. There's less of a salvific message and more of a "this is the way a person is to live, and all people are called to live this way." Every aspect of the way of life has been revealed to the prophets, especially Mohammed and his interpreters, and mankind's need is not really to be saved so much as to conform one's self to the correct way of life. There's not really grace and forgiveness so much as getting on the "right path."

It's a LOT more complicated than that, but that's kind of the distinction between Christianity and Islam. Christianity is much more "theological," and Islam is much more "practical."
>>
>>3374649
Thanks for this
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.