[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: SWEDISH FLAG.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SWEDISH FLAG.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Do you ever wonder what the world would be like if Sweden remained a great power and won the great northern war? Obviously peter III wouldn't have been born since the duke of holstien would have never had to flee to russia and marry whoever he married (Her name escapes me at the moment) And Prussia would have likely lost the 7 years war because Russia would have stayed in and assisted Austria. Other than that I wonder how future events in the world would go. I am almost 100% sure that the world wars would have still happened but what side would Sweden have took? Could they have turned the tide for a nazi or communist victory or would the victory be the same side with Swedes invading from the north? perhaps the Swedes would have fallen to whoever the main combatant in the second world war would have been ect. Please discuss because this seems like an interesting topic
>>
File: Peterhof_summer.jpg (1MB, 1632x928px) Image search: [Google]
Peterhof_summer.jpg
1MB, 1632x928px
>a world where Saint Petersburg doesn't exist

Don't even want to think about it, t.b.h.
>>
Can't say I blame you. It's an amazing city from what i've seen. I hope to visit one day.
>>
Sweden's territorial expanse came largely from clever politics and weakened neighbours. They'd sink into obscurity as other European powers boom in population, whilst Sweden's cold temperatures and lack of good land kept its population low. Eventually Russia would push them over.
>>
I guess it depends on the outcome of the war because Sweden if they won probably could have taken large portions of land from Denmark and Poland which are not cold for the most part and more densly poplated.
>>
>>3373266
The real workd isn't civ. He couldn't just annex chunks of Poland. Most land he had in Germany was inherited.
>>
I am well aware of that but he did have a puppet king in Poland to replace Augustus II for a while I feel like he could have used that to his advantage to get a bit of Polish land out of a deal and put another puppet in power making Poland a Swedish puppet until the great particians would occure. I even feel like Sweden could get lands out of that if they beat poland's ass well enough to make the other powers respect claims on the land.
>>
>>3373005
the only shot sweden had at becoming lasting empire was creation of vasa alliance between poland and sweden
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.