[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rhodeisa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0038.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Will Rhodesians ever die ?
>>
But it's dead already...
>>
>>3372881
No there not
>>
I genuinely don't understand why white nationalists and such love Rhodesia so much. For one, the state (let's for the sake of an argument say it's a state, even though for whatever reason the UN refused to acknowledge it) only lasted for 14 years. That is not a long enough time to know if the policies it set in place were viable in the long term. More importantly, a top-down system like the kind they kept in place was becoming more and more unsustainable when post-WW1 the world had placed so much emphasis on self-determination for the majority.
>>
>>3372896
There are have been barely any born in Rhodesia since the early 90's, most of the emigres kids don't even see themselves as Rhodesian
>>3372924
Muh noble lost cause
>>
>>3372924
>UN can magically make regions exist
I bet you think Somolia is a united nation too
>>
Maybe it wouldn't have all devolved into civil war if the British Rhodesian parliament didn't dismiss Garfield Todd's suggestions as "too radical"
>>
>>3372937

I didn't say that, I just said they weren't recognized as an official state.
>>
>>3372937
their sanctions can certainly affect the development of one
>>
File: Mugabe BTFO.png (30KB, 317x835px) Image search: [Google]
Mugabe BTFO.png
30KB, 317x835px
>>3372924
>Win smashing victories militarily
>have economic growth even during sanctions and war
>Have 6/7ths of your volunteer army be blacks
>>
>>3372945
>Todd: Hey guys maybe the blacks won't hate us if we actually put some money into education and housing for them instead of letting them live in really shitty conditions
>pffft, like that'll work

>>3372958
>being surprised when untrained rebels get BTFO by a military primarily composed of former British special forces.
>>
>>3372958
>even during sanctions
The sanctions that a ton of the richest countries in the world (including the US) ignored and traded with them anyway?
>>
>>3372958

Anon let's not kid ourselves, that's not the real reason those people love Rhodesia, because there were plenty of other countries able to do the things you listed that didn't have one other particular factor. It's the same reason they liked South Africa.
>>
>>3372958
yeah its real impressive former commandos with complete air superiority beat a bunch of barely trained guerrillas, of which i would be surprised if they all even had weapons

for real though he's completely right, 14 years isn't nearly enough time at all to predict the viability of a state
>>
>>3372969
>>3372998
>defeat rebels 1000 to 1
>b-but they were untrained!!!
>literally at a fucking training camp

The absolute state of /his/
>>
>>3372995
Rwanda, for example.
>>
>>3373035
>calling that training
Yeah I can be taught to shoot straight too, doesn't mean jack shit when bombs are dropped from the sky.
>>
Dying by the score every year
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.