[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other than the cargo cults themselves, what are good examples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: cargo-cult-plane_497x375.jpg (78KB, 497x375px) Image search: [Google]
cargo-cult-plane_497x375.jpg
78KB, 497x375px
Other than the cargo cults themselves, what are good examples of "cargo cult thinking" in history?
>>
>>3371621
>Roman "Empire" was really centralized empire of modern (19-20 century) type.
>Holy Roman "Empire" was really centralized empire of modern type.
>Chinese "Empire" was really centralized empire of modern type.
>Japanese "Empire" was really centralized empire of modern type before 1860.
>>
anticapitalism
>>
>>3371621
Black market in Eastern Europe 1948-1989
>>
>>3371621
The idea of the reverse cargo cult is pretty interesting. Essentially, as the idea goes, a nation builds their airport out of straw as in an ordinary cargo cult, but the leaders and people both know the straw airport is a lie. The leaders take it a step further, though, and say that the other, real, airport is also a lie and that the people who build the real airport are just being equally wasteful. It's an idea that pervaded the post-Stalinist and Kruschev Warsaw Pact countries.
>>
>>3371621
Immolations. Like killing an animal in the hope it will improve the hunting...
>>
File: heheeehhe.png (13KB, 638x561px) Image search: [Google]
heheeehhe.png
13KB, 638x561px
I wanna say, fake breast implants. So you have real big breasts on a woman, it pretty much signals fertility right. Then you have flat-chested women who get implants, which also signal fertility, and therefore men get turned on. But it's really fake breasts, so she's not really fertile, she's got silicone in her tits. Does that make sense? Kind of like how the cargo-cults built the physical form of an airplane, but it doesn't have the "guts" that really make an airplane work. They were just imitating the outer appearance of the airplane and runway.
>>
>>3371739
Actually large breasts are a surer sign that she's already pregnant and you missed your chance
>>
>>3371776
I don't buy that explanation because there's a big difference between the big tits on a young woman who hasn't given birth yet, and the sort of big tits a woman has after giving birth 4 times. The former are more firm and rounded while the latter are more droopy. I think implants tend to imitate the "firm" aesthetic more.
>>
File: Bokassa-Coronation.jpg (42KB, 466x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bokassa-Coronation.jpg
42KB, 466x300px
>>3371621
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.