[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amount of USA troops in vietnam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Viet.jpg (30KB, 449x321px) Image search: [Google]
Viet.jpg
30KB, 449x321px
Is this chart believeable in terms of amout of troops in vietnam by year? Also, how did Nixon took out troops so fast?
>>
Personal credulity or incredulity is entirely fallacious. I am more interested in what the sources are for this graph and how the sources gathered the information.
>>
What are best books about war in vietnam? I read "The Dispatches", and want to read "They marched into sunlight". Is there a chart by any chance?
>>
>>3367423
Mid to late 68 was the moment when the conflict started to deescalate on the ground (by the virtue of Vietcong being completely BTFO and crucial NVA offensives being stopped), and when aerial bombardment was amped up instead, beginning with Rolling Thunder and culminating with Linebacker I and Linebacker II. Basically it's the moment when Americans took initiative and didn't need as many boots on the ground as before to defend South Vietnam.
>>
>>3367461
Depends on what you want to read about?
Inside the Crosshairs from Michael Lee Lanning is a great book about USMC and Army snipers in Vietnam.
Hunter-Killer Squadron: Aero-Weapons, Aero-Scouts, Aero-Rifles, Vietnam, 1965-1972 from Michael Brennan has a great amount of first hand accounts from veterans of 1-9 Air Cav.
>>
>>3367473
Why they didn't continue bombardments after Nixon left office and vietcong violated the peace treaty?
>>
>>3367423
Your best source for this kind of information is the published budget of the U.S. Government for those years. Very detailed , and sworn.
>>
>>3367539
Cost too much. Lot of wear and tear on B-52s.
>>
>>3367539
Congress refused to re-engage, whether it was bombardment or military aid to South Vietnam.
>>
>>3367524
I'm looking for something to cover the militarry aspect of not human I suppose. Something in terms of month by month operations, major battles, army movement and advances.
>>
>>3367473
Rolling Thunder was an utter disaster.

It depleted resources and painted the war as simply unwinnable.
>>
>>3367664
Yes, commandment thought that Vietcong will be overwhelmed with supreme US firepower, yet the bombings themselves rarely had actual effect on NV army. And the US commanders in denial told their higher ranking officers that they are giving them hell, when in reality VC wasn't affected by it. Also, the soviets broke US communication codes, so VC knew about the bombings.
>>
>>3367423
If you ship back 1000 per week, thats 4345 per month * 12 ~= 52K a year

1000 per week is devolved into 140 per day or 11 per hour.
>>
File: 1503538694258.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503538694258.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>3367461
I really liked SOG: America's Secret Wars in Vietnam (or something like that). If anyone has any other books similar to it, I'd love to hear it
>>
>>3367423

>Also, how did Nixon took out troops so fast?

Nixon basically told Americans that the war had been won, and that the victorious soldiers were coming home.
>>
>>3367539
>vietcong violated the peace treaty
They didn't? Paris treaty wasn't a peace treaty, it was a cease fire between the US and NVA, south vietnam didn't have a say in it
>>
>>3367761
bump for this
also sauce
>>
>>3367761
Can you not post hot girls. This is a blue board and anons here want to learn between the shitposting, not fap
>>
>>3368258
Ceasefire only between US and NV, with South vietnam excluded?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.