[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Esoteric Literature: Library Update 56

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1490738334630.jpg (149KB, 643x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490738334630.jpg
149KB, 643x960px
Library link: https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

All Euro update with heavy Greek-Latin editions from Brill, all in the Euro folder:

>European

HIERA KALA Images of Animal Sacrifice in Archaic and Classical Greece
The Imperial Cult in the Latin West
Ancient magic and ritual power
Magical Practice in the Latin West
Traditions of the Magi Zoroastrianism in Greek and Latin Literature
Instructions for the Netherworld The Orphic Gold Tablets
Votives, Places and Rituals in Etruscan Religion
Magic and ritual in the ancient world
Priests, Tongues and Rites The London-Leiden Magical Manuscripts and Translation in Egyptian Ritual (100–300 CE)
Unlocked books Manuscripts of learned magic in the medieval libraries of Central Europe
Magical Manuscripts in Early Modern Europe The Clandestine Trade In Illegal Book Collections
>>
Bump for /his/ related texts.
>>
Interesting.
>>
To the guys read these esoteric texts, what is the most surprising thing you have learn from the these texts?
>>
>>3368256
How close some of these cats (but just not quite close enough) got to philosophy or science breakthroughs a couple centuries ahead of their time.

The ancients were not fucking stupid.
>>
bump?
>>
>>3368645
That sounds interesting. Can you give an example of an esoteric text being close to a scientific breakthrough?
>>
>>3370797
Tantraloka comes close to a germ theory of genetics (all life has some "map or plan" that is passed along that determines it's growth) and Godel's Incompleteness (Mind has a really hard time analyzing mind) before chapter 9, written roundabouts 1000 CE - John Dee in Hieroglyphic Monad seems like he's close to fundamental insights on the nature of light.
>>
File: IMG_1645.jpg (130KB, 475x665px)
IMG_1645.jpg
130KB, 475x665px
>>3370878
>>3370878
The writers must be brilliant people if they almost discover such theories.
>>
Hey, I was reading a pdf here on the body in south slav magic, but can't find it anymore. I thought it was in the Academic folder. Did it disappear or am I retarded?
>>
>>3371368
Lemme look, it may have been shifted into another folder when I reconsolidated Shamanism.
>>
>>3371368
>>3371375
Nope, it's still in "Academic":
"Human Body in Southern Slavic Folklore", right about halfway through the list.
>>
>>3371388
I'm retarded, but thank you!
>>
File: IMG_2314.jpg (122KB, 622x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2314.jpg
122KB, 622x471px
>>
>>3371401
You're very welcome.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.