[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone educate me on the Jacobite revolution? My current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Scotanon 1.jpg (74KB, 553x599px) Image search: [Google]
Scotanon 1.jpg
74KB, 553x599px
Can someone educate me on the Jacobite revolution? My current knowledge is that it was led by the Stuart house, previous British royal family and that it was mostly fueled by Government/English persecution against the culture and Presbyterian religion of Highland Scotland. But I've also heard that large a large percentage of the rebellion was also Irish.
>>
England oppresses Scotland for the Nth time because they can't handle the superiority of Scotland and the legitimate inheritance and continuance of the Scottish Kings on the English throne. England gets invaded and conquered (although they'll never admit to it) by the Dutch and the Dutch claim the throne of England and Scotland. England go with it and submit to the foreign invaders because they feel so inferior to Scotland for their having inherited their country. So Scotland kicks off and says fuck that we're having a legitimate King of this country and rallies behind Charles Edward Stuart - the indisputable rightful King of Great Britain. England being the cowards they are, refuse to fight for the just cause and follow their cowardly foreign Dutch King's commands to oppress Scotland for being right (yet again, as it always has been throughout history.)
>>
>>3367942
Scotland almost conquers the entirety of England down to London with only a ragtag bunch of Highlanders. They are halted by an English deception and turn back towards Scotland, days before they would have successfully conquered London, despite the aloof French not making good on their promise to land an army in southern Britain. Scotland loses it's will to fight because it can't be arsed anymore, having enjoyed a straight line of victories right down the stretch of England and a nice summer holiday to boot. Fat Anglo commander plods up to Inverness where the boys are camping out before heading home to their families. Fat Anglo commander forces pointless fight and thus commences Culloden and the end of the Jacobite rebellion of 45.
>>
>>3367968
Goodnight. It's just past midnight in - you guessed it - Scotland. I have work tomorrow and I need to pay my taxes to support England's bennies and Achmeds. Fucking backwards reprobates.
>>
>>3367214
Pretty sure Presbyterianism had little to do with Jacobites, if anything Presbyterian clans where more likely to side with the government (Campbell, Sutherland, Etc.)
James II who was given the boot had strong catholic sympathies, if not outright practiced the religion so plenty of people felt he was their proper ruler.
Along with that, the Stewarts had been the monarchs prior, and the Jacobites believed that the Stewarts had been wrongfully deposed and need to be reinstated since that was the right thing to do.
However I can't help but feel like a whole lot of it boiled down to highland conflict which held precedence over over British affairs in the islands. Highlanders where already contentious, and the fact that they spoke a different language/practiced different customs meant they where a prime target to fuel rebellion against those that alienated them. It also helped they where heavily armed due to constantly employing themselves as mercenaries. If anything the Gaelic speakers where some of the least devout to the cause, since almost immediately afterwards prominent Jacobite clan families started making their own government regiments. Example being the Fraser Highlanders.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.