[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they just send more air forces to Kalkhin Gol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3480.jpg (110KB, 736x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3480.jpg
110KB, 736x605px
Why was their doctrine so fucking infantry-centered?
>>
>>3363660
I'm talking about the Japanese btw
>>
aircraft are dishonorabu
>>
>>3363677
What about Pearl Harbor?
>>
The Japanese were playing WW2 games with a WW1 army composition.
>>
>>3363680
your thread is bad
>>
Why didn't the Jews just kill Hitler and take over Germany? Why was their doctrine so camp-centered?
>>
>>3363685
k
>>
>>3363689
they did try taking over germany before hitler was a notable figure, hitler rising to power is the result of their failure
>>
>>3363689
>Why didn't the Jews just kill Hitler and take over Germany?
They did, in the end.
>>
They feared the Commie Warrior.
>>
>>3363660
they had inferior planes, sending them would just result in flaming paper wrecks in the battlefield, more overall japanese flaming wrecks in the battlefields, and more losses overall.
>>
>>3363885
Around the time of Kalkhin Gol their planes were far superior than the biplanes the Russians were still using.
>>
File: Ki-27.jpg (145KB, 680x868px) Image search: [Google]
Ki-27.jpg
145KB, 680x868px
>>3363660
>Why didn't they just send more air forces to Kalkhin Gol?
Two reasons.

First of all, it's because the battle wasn't really an action by the IJA so much as the Kwantung Army. The whole incident was initiated by local commanders in Manchuria, and the Kwantung Army decided to escalate it without ever consulting the government back in Tokyo. Things were happening on the front faster than the government or even IJA command could react to things, and the Kwantung Army was perfectly content to do things entirely independently.

And then you've got the pilot shortages. Japanese pilot schools by 1939 had turned out an alarmingly small number of pilots up to that point - something like fewer than 10,000 since their inception. So, while there was a comparatively large IJAAF component committed to the battle, that was really all they could spare. There weren't reserve pilots or extra aircraft they could call on to help, especially with the war in China going on at the same time. They did bring in a few extras, but the fact that the reserves brought to the front consisted of biplane Ki-10s shows just how bad the situation was.
>>
File: TB-3.jpg (369KB, 1210x804px) Image search: [Google]
TB-3.jpg
369KB, 1210x804px
>>3364200
Early on yes, late in the battle not so much. The I-15s that were there at first were definitely outclassed by the IJAAF Ki-27s, even if we ignore critical advantages like the Japanese actually using radios. But later in the campaign, the arrival of I-16s tipped the balance more in favor of the VVS, especially given their heavy armament that made them better suited for ground attack and the armor plate that protected them surprisingly well from the Ki-27's two rifle-caliber machineguns.

In terms of bombers and support aircraft, things were very heavily skewed in favor of the VVS as soon as they started to get anything but fighters in the theater. The IJAAF was heavily reliant on light bombers that were ineffective and largely defenseless to VVS fighters, and their "heavies" - the Ki-21 and Fiat BR.20 - were poorly-defended medium bombers hamstrung by the decision to use large numbers of low-power bombs. By the end of the campaign, the VVS air presence made it impossible for IJAAF bombers to operate with any effectiveness - they had to fly too high to bomb accurately. Meanwhile, VVS bombers consisted of SB medium bombers and TB-3s supplemented by I-153s and I-16s for airfield attacks. The SB was about the same class as the Japanese medium bombers, but even in an era of poor doctrine the VVS still managed to use them more effectively. Meanwhile, TB-3s could make night raids with impunity, dropping literal tons of bombs each mission, and the fighters could suppress enemy airfields surprisingly effectively.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.