[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yayoi and Jomon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19

Yayoi + Jomon = Japanese ethnicity.

Yayoi are essentially Chinese/Koreans.

But where do the Jomon come from, exactly? Is the Jomon ethnicity most related to what Western ethnicity (the original Greeks, the original Persians etc)?

And what percentage of the average Japanese person today is Yayoi and Jomon? For example, 80% Yayoi and 20% Jomon. Would that be a good guess?

Discuss Yayoi and Jomon peoples in this thread, as well as other Japanese related peoples like Emishi. What do you think of them? Do you know of any stories or interesting facts about them?
>>
Jomon aren't even remotely related to westerners. This meme needs to end
>>
What about the Ainu? Are they Jomon seeing as how they're indigneous prior to the Korean/Chinese migrants? I've heard theories the Ainu are more Eurasian like Siberians. Bump because I'm curious.
>>
Another fascinating topic is the cultural similarities between Native Americans and Japanese specifically. I believe natives are Mongol-Siberian migrants who arrived in the Americas 10-20,000 years however spiritually their religions are very similar to Shintoism.

Shintoism and Native spirituality
>Both practice sweat lodges (Saunas and Kivas) this practice is also common among Slavs who are Eurasian
>World created by multiole spirits/gods who are regionally limited
>Both practice purification rituals
>Both view blood, menstrual blood, and metals as impure
>Both have spiritual symbolism ascribed to certain animals
>>
Anyways Anon to address your question I think the Jomon are Eurasian/Siberian while Yayoi are more Porto-Han Chinese.
>>
>>3362383
I didn't know about any sauna shit with nips and native americans, but including that, animism and for example the bear cult of the ainu, it seems there are some similarities also with the ancient finns from before the indo-europeans had influenced them too much
>>
>>3362369
Ainu, currently, are seen to be a mix of Siberian peoples and Jomon peoples. So basically a mix
>>
>>3362383
>Another fascinating topic is the cultural similarities between Native Americans and Japanese specifically.
I think that there was one group of natives with rather similar genetics and language elements to Japanese, but it's been a while since I have read about that, so I don't remember who were those.
>>
>>3362558
There definitely is! The word for water in Chippewa is "mazoo" and in Japanese its "mizu" as an example. Also to note I used to study Japanese and heard Blackfeet language (Great Plains tribe) and it sounds very similar and has the same rhythm.
>>
>>3362347
Finnic race, ice age northern european
>>
>>3362355
>Jomon aren't even remotely related to westerners
Doesn't mean there isn't a connection to ANE peoples.
>>
Modern Japanese race is an umbrella referred to as "Yamato" named after the first dynasty. It's essentially modern Japanese which is a mixture of mainland Asian yayoi, Jomon, and their Denosovan Neanderthal ancestors. All of these coalesced together tens of thousands of years.
>>
>>3362383

That's just like your typical natural religion. A lot of these superficial similiarities can be explained by universal dynamics hunter gatherer societies deal with.

>World created by multiole spirits/gods who are regionally limited
lack of strongly organized religion, many remote areas

>Both practice purification rituals
Literally which religion doesn't.

>Both view blood, menstrual blood, and metals as impure
Nigga pls...pls...pls...next you tell me they thought of shit as impure.

>Both have spiritual symbolism ascribed to certain animals
nigga...Just like any other natural religion ever..
>>
THE YAYOI WERE ARYAN, THE JOMON WERE CROMAGNON.

THE DESCENDANTS OF THE YAYOI ARE THE YAMATO, THE DESCENDANTS OF THE JOMON ARE THE AINU.

THE EMISHI WERE TURANID, DESCENDED FROM TURANIANS THAT CAME FROM MAINLAND ASIA.

THERE IS NO "JAPANESE ETHNICITY"; JAPANESE PEOPLE NOW ARE MULTIETHNIC.

RACIAL ADMIXTURE IS NOT MEASURED IN PERCENTAGES, NOR ARE THE MEASUREMENTS SUFFICIENTLY DISCERNING TO ANALYZE AN INDIVIDUAL'S GENOTYPE INTO CLEARLY DISTINCT RACIAL COMPONENTS.
>>
>>3362742
You failed to address the unique practice of Kivas and Saunas. Not to mention the linguistic similarities I noted in another reply between Japanese and Chippewa. What next you are going to deny the overwhelming DNA evidence linking Natives to East Asians?
>>
>>3362767

It's not so unique as you yourself realized. Sounds like coincidence to me.

These linguistic similiarities consist of you assessing that some blackfoot dialect 'sounds really similiar'. Are you fucking kidding with me, that's not how linguistics work. And I am still waiting on the source for the genetic similiarities. I have never heard of it.
>>
>>3362743
>THE EMISHI WERE TURANID, DESCENDED FROM TURANIANS THAT CAME FROM MAINLAND ASIA.
source
>>
>>3362743
Fuck out of here, there's nothing remotely Aryan about anybody in Japan.

The people who live in Japan now are somewhat different from the people who lived there a couple thousand years ago, in culture and in genetics. This is true of every country on the planet.

The ethnogenesis of Japan is noteworthy mostly because it happened pretty recently. Just like in England, a group of people crossed the ocean from the mainland and dominated the local people thanks to better technology.

The name "Yayoi" refers to the equestrian people who migrated to Japan around 700 BC, most likely through Korea. Their rice cultivation techniques greatly exceeded those of the "Jomon" (a catch-all term meaning everyone who lived in Japan before them) and they possessed superior weaponry made of bronze.

Over the course of a few centuries, the Yayoi came to dominate Japan as they absorbed native Jomon populations. Jomon had superior pottery techniques which the Yayoi adopted. Yayoi stilt houses, similar to the indigenous architecture of the Philippines, were abandoned as the newcomers started building the same sturdy round huts as the Jomon (see pic).

Forensic anthropology also shows distinct Yayoi and Jomon skeletons nearly disappearing by the 6th century AD as the two gene pools merged.
>>
File: 1474156000100.jpg (17KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1474156000100.jpg
17KB, 512x384px
>>3362855

>'we at /his/ are so smart and btfo /pol/ every time >:)
>continues to fall for the dumbest baits ever in the most autistic way imagineable

Watching you two make out gives me headaches.
>>
>>3362849

"SOURCE" FOR WHAT?

>>3362855

YOU ARE TOTALLY IGNORANT.
>>
>>3362866
What are you even referring to, moron?
>>
>>3362868
Go back to /pol/ man
>>
>>3362868
You're so ignerant
>>
>>3362874

Just stop posting
>>
>>3362855
>nothing remotely Aryan about superior weaponry made of bronze

ok
>>
>>3362893
>implying all bronze age weaponry descend from the Aryan steppeniggers
>>
>>3362866
Are you ever educated on what you post about? I've seen you make retarded claims with no sources in many threads.
>>
>>3362882

WHY DO YOU REFER ME TO /pol/?

YOU SHOULD RETURN THERE, SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE OBSESSED WITH IT.
>>
>>3362893
Not if you're a fucking Korean horseman
>>
>>3362909
ofc not, but it's not like they didn't have some of the dankest shit you know. Composite bows and whatnot.
>>
>>3362921
Where did they get the horses?
>>
File: eurasian-steppe-map.png (24KB, 430x332px) Image search: [Google]
eurasian-steppe-map.png
24KB, 430x332px
>>3362941
>>
>>3362944
Are you implying the Koreans took a long walk westwards?
>>
>>3362944
>>3362934
>>3362921

THE EMISHI (THE TURANIDS) ARE THE ONES WHO INTRODUCED HORSES TO JAPAN, AND USED THEM FOR TRANSPORTATION, AND THE ONES WHO USED BOWS, AND ARROWS, NOT THE YAYOI.

>>3362893

BRONZE MANUFACTURE BY ITSELF IS NO INDICATION OF ARYAN CULTURE.

THE YAYOI WERE ARYAN, AS CAN BE ATTESTED IN THEIR PHYSIOLOGY, THEIR MATERIAL CULTURE, AND THE FACT THAT THEY INTRODUCED AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION, AND MULTIPLE TYPICALLY ARYAN CRAFTS, TO JAPAN.
>>
>>3362978
Wrong
>>
>>3362989

YOUR OPINION IS IRRELEVANT.
>>
>>3362992
Not opinion, fact
You don't know anything
>>
File: You wot m8?.png (121KB, 636x313px) Image search: [Google]
You wot m8?.png
121KB, 636x313px
>>3362978
>>3362914
>>3362868
>>3362743
>>>3362914
>>3362868
>>3362743
>>>3362914
>>3362868
>>3362743
> THE FACT THAT THEY INTRODUCED AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION, AND MULTIPLE TYPICALLY ARYAN CRAFTS, TO JAPAN.

Literally a bunch of Semitic and closely related groups along with the Han Chinese developed said techniques independently. Also, why would groups of semi-nomadic horsemen develop agriculture that is anything above the rudimentary plant shit and eat it later that year?
>>
>>3363002
>developed said techniques independently
nah
>>
>>3363011
Well it wasn't semi-nomadic Steppe-niggers that introduced any agriculture to Japan. I know that much.
>>
File: Jomon_Yayoi.jpg (62KB, 654x719px) Image search: [Google]
Jomon_Yayoi.jpg
62KB, 654x719px
Let or right?
>>
>>3363087
>Well it wasn't semi-nomadic Steppe-niggers that introduced any agriculture to Japan.

And nobody is claiming that, so your mentioning that makes no sense, and only indicates that you yourself believe/believed that.
>>
>>3362383
Well I guess Abos are Japanese too
>>
>>3363290
Right looks like a man in drag.
>>
>>3363290
Acorn gathering stone beating abo or Rice harvesting iron forging civil?
>>
>>3362950
And ended up as Finns, whom they would go to war with in the First Kinstrife War.
>>
>>3363290

NEITHER MODEL FITS THE RACIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RESPECTIVE CULTURES THAT THEY ARE REPRESENTING.
>>
>>3363595
You're wrong
>>
ATTACHED: IMAGE OF ARYANID JAPANESE INDIVIDUAL.
>>
>>3363612

ATTACHED: IMAGE OF ARYANID JAPANESE INDIVIDUAL.
>>
>>3363612
>>3363616
Piss off
>>
>>3363628

ATTACHED: IMAGE OF CROMAGNID JAPANESE INDIVIDUAL.
>>
File: RILA FUKUSHIMA (TURANID EMISHI).jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
RILA FUKUSHIMA (TURANID EMISHI).jpg
14KB, 300x300px
ATTACHED: IMAGE OF TURANID JAPANESE INDIVIDUAL.
>>
File: CHIHARU OKUNUGI (TURANID EMISHI).jpg (126KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CHIHARU OKUNUGI (TURANID EMISHI).jpg
126KB, 750x1000px
>>3363647

ATTACHED: IMAGE OF TURANID JAPANESE INDIVIDUAL.
>>
>>3363307
I was responding to the trip fag that claims that the Jomon were Aryans that introduced their form of agriculture to Japan right here >>3362978.
>>
>>3363667
Or he claimed that the Yayoi were Aryans that introduced agriculture to Japan. that's my bad. Either way he' wrong.
>>
>>3363667
>claims that the Jomon were Aryans that introduced their form of agriculture to Japan

>THE YAYOI WERE ARYAN
>THEY INTRODUCED AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION, AND MULTIPLE TYPICALLY ARYAN CRAFTS, TO JAPAN.

You need to learn how to read.
>>
neat, cherrypicking in lieu of peer reviewed genomic data

sop/his/ts are funny
>>
I heard that most samurai and noble families had a certain percentage of Jomon ancestry.
>>
>>3363701
>Provides concrete examples
>"cherrypicking"

Every day you people get more idiotic.
>>
>>3363734
>posts cherrypicked images of Japanese females with no source and calls them Turanid, Cromagnid, and Aryanid
fixd
>>
>>3363770
Are you seriously calling the examples "cherrypicking" because he didn't privide sources for the photos?

AHAHAHAHAH

Fuck off, moron.
>>
>using phenotypical traits to prove genotypical origins
JUST IT PAPUANS ARE BANTUS
>ITT:retardation
>>
File: ARYAN.jpg (275KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ARYAN.jpg
275KB, 960x1280px
ATTACHED: IMAGE OF "ARYAN" MEXICAN INDIVIDUAL.
>>
>>3363779
no, the examples aren't cherrypicking. The examples are cherrypicked.

It seems you fail to understand the very concept, poor form lad.
>>
>>3363793
And how are they "cherrypicked"?
>>
File: 1505073871566.jpg (58KB, 763x433px) Image search: [Google]
1505073871566.jpg
58KB, 763x433px
>>3363791
He looks like future John Connor
>>
>>3362849
>>3362855
>>3362874
>>3362882
>>3362884

You realize that by replying, YOU are the dopes, right? HE has severe mental retardation, what's YOUR excuse?
>>
>>3363930
>(You)s are a finite resource
>spending 10 seconds to reply while I'm browsing 4chan to begin with and playing with my foreskin is a huge investment
Lmao
>>
File: helper pepe2.jpg (30KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
helper pepe2.jpg
30KB, 680x544px
>>3362743
>THE YAYOI WERE ARYAN
>THE EMISHI WERE TURANID
>>
>>3363944
It's a guy who is on record as saying Spiders are not only insects, but "noble insects"
>>
>>3363290

Jomon a cute! A CUTE!
>>
It's pretty funny how everytime this moron gets called out on his claims, he plays dumb or responds by calling them ignorant or some other inane stuff.
>>
File: Jomon-with-Friends.png (193KB, 442x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Jomon-with-Friends.png
193KB, 442x1200px
Those silly Jomon are so primitive
>>
About 30 percent of Japanese males carry D1b a dominant Jomon haplogroup. While about 15 percent carry southern Chinese Haplogroups, which came during the late jomon period. The rest is probably Yayoi,

So i'm guessing 30 percent Jomon, 15 percent Austronesian/south chinese, 55 percent yayoi.

http://www.wa-pedia.com/history/origins_japanese_people.shtml
>>
File: Japanese_ancestry.jpg (306KB, 1300x967px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese_ancestry.jpg
306KB, 1300x967px
>>3364657
Here is the haplogroup map to add to my previous post. There are 3 main waves. 30 percent, 15 percent, 55 percent.
>>
>>3362347
Jomon are basal East Asians that fall outside the genetic variation of modern East Asians.

Japanese have 17% Jomon admixture on average while the Ryukyuans and Ainu have much more.
http://www.nature.com/jhg/journal/v62/n2/full/jhg2016110a.html?foxtrotcallback=true

>>3364657
There's no evidence direct migration out of Southern China,though the paternal ancestors(O) of Northern Han,Koreans and Japanese and some Mongolians/Southern Tungusics originated from a population living in paleolithic Southern China/Southeast Asia.

The O1/O2 clades make a up a minuscule proportion of Japanese/Korean male uniparentals while their O3 clades are either downstream of Northern Chinese/Koreans or highly diverged from existing clades.
http://yfull.com/tree/O/
>>
>>3364673
So the Yayoi are only limited to Northern People?
Were they driven out by those who would be eventually be Koreans?
>>
>>3362855
Sounds pretty much like Celts in much of Europe.
Indigenous people who got steamrolled and assimilated into the invading populations, known mostly for their metalworks and pottery.
>>
>>3365463

The general consensus is that Yayoi people came by Korea, Though some people argue that Yayoi are also from Yangtze river area.
>>
>>3365463
>Were they driven out by those who would be eventually be Koreans?
More like the natives of central/southern Korea language shifted rather than being demographically swamped.

No one knows where or how wide spread proto Koreanic and Japonic were,though they had extensive linguistic contact.
>>
This video questions the whole hypothesis that the yayoi came from korea and argues for a South China origin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgPRlpV4rEA&index=8&list=LL5AgH0UgqfwZdiVqG2jvJ9A&t=11s
>>
>>3366058
Seems like nationalistic Japanese are in denial of their Korean roots. Though I suppose nationalistic Koreans wouldn't be too happy that their ancestors spoke Japonic.

They would have to test the Southeast Asian O2b to see how they fit within Japanese/Korean subclades. O2b is rarely found modern day Han while the dearth of O1 in modern Japanese makes it very unlikely the Yayoi bypassed Korea for Kyushu.

Lastly,the study done on Yayoi and Han dynasty Chinese from Jiangsu deals with bone measurements not autosomal or uniparental genetics.
>>
>>3366125

Ya the amount of nationalism is at autistic levels. But personally i think either neolithic south Chinese came during the late jomon period or that Yayoi came from Yangtze, this is because of the similarity between Japanese and Austronesian languages there has to be a link somewhere, since Austronesian was spoken in south China.
>>
>>3366223
>But personally i think either neolithic south Chinese came during the late jomon period or that Yayoi came from Yangtze
Neolithic central/southern Chinese agriculturalists probably form the bulk of the ancestry of modern East Asians but the Northern Han/Korean/Japanese like populations most likely formed further north.

There is far more genetic,linguistic and archaeological proof connecting the Japanese archipelago than a direct origin from Jiangsu.

> this is because of the similarity between Japanese and Austronesian languages there has to be a link somewhere
They aren't related. Japanese is an isolate while Austronesian may be a sister branch of Tai Kadai.

They most likely share some a cultural heritage(tattoos,stilt house,blackened teeth etc.) from neolithic Daweknoku.

>since Austronesian was spoken in south China.
There's actually no evidence Austronesian was ever spoken on the mainland.

The ancestors of the Austronesians journeyed from Shandong to Taiwan bringing millet cultivation and pig farming.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0175080
>>
The Japanese are more Korean than the modern Korean. Because modern Japanese people are like 30% native Japanese (Jomon) and 70% Korean (Yayoi). While modern Korean are 30% Manchurian, 20% Chinese and pure Korean are like 50%.
>>
>>3366290

This seems like a good estimate 30 percent and 70 percent. I'll probably go with this.
>>
>>3366290
What a load of nonsense,there is no aDNA from the Yayoi culture or their Korean counterparts.

Based on the Sanganji Jomon sample,modern Japanese have less than 20% Jomon ancestry.
http://www.nature.com/jhg/journal/v62/n2/full/jhg2016110a.html?foxtrotcallback=true#fig3
>>
>>3366408

30 percent of Japanese males carry D1b a dominant Jomon haplogroup.Maternal DNA also about there.

Then how can they have less then 20 percent jomon ?
>>
>>3366431
Uniparentals don't always match up with autosomal DNA.

Maybe that ratio will change once the Japanese test Jomon from further south.
>>
>>3365480
Natives had better houses and poverty. Invaders had metal, horses, and better agriculture
>>
>tfw no ainu or jomon gf
>>
They wuz polynesians and malays and sheeit.
>>
>>3362347
Jomon are probably more related to Hayato / Ainu who are not even remotely connected to Westerners.
>>
File: 4218637i.jpg (62KB, 586x600px) Image search: [Google]
4218637i.jpg
62KB, 586x600px
>tfw no yamato bf
>>
>>3362600
Do you have any resources about the linguistic similarities? I'd be very interested to learn more about that
>>
>>3362795
>that's not how linguistics work
Actually it kinda is. Not quite in such an informal way, but linguistics has to do with similarities in not just grammar and sentence structure, but also similarities in words due to a shared root.
>>
>>3362347
>trying to classify hundreds of different East-Asian tribes to 2 MUH ANCIENT NATIONS
>>
>>3363791
looks like evola lol
>>
>>3367603

The word you are looking for is phonetics and it is not even part of linguistics as far as I know, but actually a seperate discipline.
To assess language familiarities you are looking at morphology (the structure of a word) and syntax (sentence structure) mostly. Similiarities in sound, especially singular instances like the ones the guy presented, mean fuck all.

Just because the German word for name is Name and the Japanese one is namae (pronounced similiar) means fuck all regarding being related languages or not.
I now listened to this guy's blackfoot language now and can confirm, that he is just pulling out of his ass. Some sounds seem vaguely familiar in very few instances, but the words themselves and especially the gramar -judging without even knowing the blackfoot language- have nothing to with each other at first sight.

And yes, I studied Japanese, too...even the linguistic shit for one or two semesters.
>>
Jomon people were really ancient. They lived in Japanese islands more than 15 thousand years. They branched from proto-mongoloid before east Asian and south east Asian branched out.
>>
File: togo7117_detail.jpg (82KB, 300x453px) Image search: [Google]
togo7117_detail.jpg
82KB, 300x453px
>>3362855
>there's nothing remotely Aryan about anybody in Japan
Yeah there is
>>
>>3366290
>The Japanese are more Korean than the modern Korean
That's a horrible way of wording it
>>
>>3366058
This is nip/pol/ propaganda.
>>
>>3362743
Thanks for the laugh, this is why I can't bring myself to filter you.
>>
>>3362383
Isn't it an anthropology meme that Zuni and Japanese split from the same proto language
>>
>>3367771
Pretty much.
On the other hand there are much more interesting similarities between Japanese and Tamil for example.
>>
File: Altaic.png (22KB, 302x403px) Image search: [Google]
Altaic.png
22KB, 302x403px
>>3367771
Excellent post. Cherry-picking words that sound similar between languages can lead you on all sorts of wild goose chases.
>>
>>3362383
Which Slavs exactly have Sauna?
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.