[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early History of Britain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Arthur.jpg (126KB, 595x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur.jpg
126KB, 595x1024px
What are some /his/ approved books on the early history of Britain? Any books in the same vein as John Julius Norwhich's work on Byzantium?
>>
>>3356855
how early we talking?
>>
Geoffrey Ashe
>>
>>3356855
In Search of the Dark Ages
>>
>>3356907
>>3356919
These look good, thanks

>>3356882
I'd like to get a clearer picture of the time surrounding the Saxon invasion.
>>
>>3356855
That armour is aesthetic as fuck but kinda dopey
>>
File: Gies-Village.jpg (77KB, 426x648px) Image search: [Google]
Gies-Village.jpg
77KB, 426x648px
>>3356855
>What are some /his/ approved books on the early history of Britain?

Any of the books by Joseph and Frances Gies, starting with the four “Life In A Medieval…” books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_and_Joseph_Gies
>>
>>3356855
is arthur celtic or anglo?
>>
>>3359027
He was a Romano-Briton fighting against Anglos invaders.
>>
>>3356855
>John Julius Norwhich's work on Byzantium?
You mean a shitty outdated amalgamation of history written by someone who lacks scholarly background?
>>
I recommend "The Lords of Battle: Image and Reality of the Comitatus in Dark-Age Britain" by Stephen S. Evans and "Warlords: The Struggle for Power in Post-Roman Britain" by Stuart Laycock.
>>
File: Galahad.jpg (105KB, 944x634px) Image search: [Google]
Galahad.jpg
105KB, 944x634px
>>3359282
Warlords looks perfect, downloaded the ebook I'll give it a look in the morning.
>>
>>3356855
wace and layamon
>>
>>3359027
Celtic in essence and origin but raised into literature by the ((((English)))) and French.
>>
1066: The Year of the Conquest
>>
>>3356855
John Morris' The Age of Arthur. It's hilariously optimistic but also very interesting.
>>
>>3356855
Just read wikipedia fag
>>
>>3361503
Spoken like a true /his/torian.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.