[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Racism unchristian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1492228924021.jpg (79KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492228924021.jpg
79KB, 750x1000px
Is Racism unchristian?
>>
>>3355614
depends on what your definition of racism and being christian is
>>
>>3355614
Yahweh gave Miriam leprosy when she bitched about Moses's black wife.

So yeah.
>>
Of course.
Further evidence that Protestantism is not Christianity.
>>
>>3355740
How is protestanism racist?
>>
>>3355614

yes and no

that all humans are gods children dosent refer to them being equal as humans, but as gods children, of having the same essence and potential and so on

also the new testament has a strange wiew of hierarchy, at the same time leveling all into a holarchy, the first and last, the greatest serving as the smalest etc... but it also has things like who have little that little will be taken from them, and the talents story and troughout paul theres asertion of authority as a organisational principle and so on

so in a sense inequality or equality have no real meaning, as in, it all good, the greater you are the more youll serve others, or, the less you are the more will be taken from you, basicaly that this biomechanoid has different capacities, qualities, functions or traits than that biomechanoid should not realy mean anything much by christian logic, one way or the other
>>
>>3355900
This.

>>3355731
Not this.
>>
>>3355900
I find that hardly believable
>>
>>3355614
Why do I look at this and see the sesame street aliens that obsess over phones?
>>
>>3355614
Yes because basically racism boils down to hating other races for "evolving" differently. See: Nazi Germany, /pol/ calling black people monkeys.
>>
File: henry-m-morris-83-32-05.jpg (80KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
henry-m-morris-83-32-05.jpg
80KB, 850x400px
>>3355614
Yes, Christianity is anti-racist.
>>
>>3355900
There are lots of passages of the prophets comparing people, saying one person is greater than another and so on, but race is never used as a basis for comparison. Race is never really mentioned in the Bible. Judging other people is generally not kosher, so judging them on something as superficial as their skin color would definitely not please God.
>>
>>3357762
The eyes
>>
>>3357770

Because race was never a big deal back then, culture, nationality, and religion were always far more important factors.
>>
>>3355614
Yes if you consider racism as hating other races, no if you consider racism as solely acknowledging differences between races.
>>
So what's the mark of Cain? The crooked Jew nose or black skin? I think black skin.
>>
>>3355825
By running the triangle trade
>>
>>3358398
Catholics started it

The Protestant Royal Navy ended it
>>
>>3358398
Kek

But Portuguese did it better and longer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.