[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop doing good works.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: martin-luther-9389283-1-402.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
martin-luther-9389283-1-402.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Stop reading Aristotle and stop worshipping the Antichrist the Bishop of Rome IMMEDIATELY. Amen.
>>
>>3351921

Luther said that "Good Works" weren't the instrument of salvation, but they were still necessary because otherwise there would be no way to differentiate hypocrites from real Christians.
>>
>>3351921
Why do people misunderstand Luther's take on good works so much? It's not even hard to comprehend unless you're completely stupid.
It's grace that causes faith which causes people to do good works. To put it simple: You aren't saved because you do good works, but you do good works because you are saved.
>>
>>3351948
it's a troll. i'm implying that taking away good works is a slippery slope to antinomianism, as Luther's critics believed.

>>3351948
>grace that causes faith
isn't it the opposite?
>>
>>3351960
>You aren't saved because you do good works, but you do good works because you are saved.
this
>>
>>3352017
>it's a troll
You're not supposed to tell us that, retard
>>
>>3352042
i wanted to shit post. once i got it out of my system i stopped caring desu
>>
File: 1463715999586.jpg (125KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463715999586.jpg
125KB, 1280x960px
>>3351921
Lutherus looks like Hans
>>
>In the treatise, Luther describes Jews as a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth." Luther wrote that they are "full of the devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine,] and the synagogue is an "incorrigible whore and an evil slut".
Was Luther always this vulgar when he spoke?
>>
>>3353954
He was just buttblasted that his master plan of getting Jews to convert to Christianity by Judaizing Christianity didn't work. It's also possible that his degenerate lifestyle was finally catching up to him at that point.
>>
>>3353954
Yes, it was his favorite rhetorical device. One time he and Thomas More got into a huge flame war.
>>
KILL THE PEASANTS
REVERSE CLASS WAR NOW
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.