[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermitry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: HermitHouse100sl.jpg (59KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
HermitHouse100sl.jpg
59KB, 400x407px
What are some good books about hermits? Any bopks written by hermits? What do /his/ tgink of hermits?
>>
Sorry for bumping
>>
>>3345237
bump
>>
walden
>>
File: Anprim_stages.jpg (97KB, 634x701px) Image search: [Google]
Anprim_stages.jpg
97KB, 634x701px
>>3345237
Pic related
>>
>>3345237
Ever hear of transcendentalist?
>>
Hanshan the sage of Cold Mountain

He was a Tang court poet who backed the wrong emperor and had to flee to the mountains to make a new life for himself and his family. Something happened to his wife and kid though (they either abandoned him or died) and he had to adjust to the lonely hermit life. Being well read in Buddhism and Taoism he eventually found some sense of enlightenment and detailed his experiences in his poetry.

Here’s a quote from him
>Whoever has Cold Mountain's poems
>is better off than those with sutras.
>Write them up on your screen
>and read them from time to time.
so you know his stuff is good.
>>
Philokalia
>>
>>3345237
I'd like to become a hermit.
>>
>>3346606
Afraid I will be soon. 35 and only getting worse. Already making emails about property in Alaska. Figured if I'm going to be miserable I may as well have a fishing hobby, eat top tier fresh seafood, grow a garden, not be a wageslave, ignore the burning world.
>>
>>3346679
Annon it's super expensive to move up there don't end up like that dumb fucker from 'Into The Wild'
>>
>>3345358
>62-94
That's a pretty big gap
>>
>>3346904
Is Wyoming cheap? Northern Finland?
Where's the best place to become a hermit?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.