[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the conquistadors look?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Cholula.jpg (2MB, 2852x1687px) Image search: [Google]
Cholula.jpg
2MB, 2852x1687px
I have seen many different armor and swords, Is this a good depiction of reality? how did they look when they were in Tenochtitlan? bonus points for pictures of real armor & weapons of the time
>>
Lots of Moors moved in to Spain in earlier centuries so they was black.
>>
This picture gets me a hard on
>>
Not an expert on this but the Morion helmet which is associated with the conquistadors wasn't in use until the late 16th century.
So depictions of conquistadors during the conquest of the Aztec Empire or even during Columbus that you often see in movies is inaccurate.
The conquistadors of the early 16th century would probably look more like the ones that painting
>>
>>3344354
Interesting, yeah the morion thing is always shown in movies
>>
I've heard some conquistadors started wearing native cloth armor vests, maybe because they lost their gear or it broke, sure, but honestly the sort of weaponry the aztecs and such were using usually was plenty well turned away by soft vests.
>>
>>3344329
We wuz conquistadors and shieeet
>>
File: Parkin.jpg (60KB, 900x646px) Image search: [Google]
Parkin.jpg
60KB, 900x646px
>>3344483
Most of them preferred it over the gear they set off with.
>>
>>3344483
>>3344580
Not easy to wear metal all the time when you're in the hot, humid ass jungle. They'd have friendly natives who joined the march carry their armor for them, putting it on when they had the opportunity to anticipate a battle.
>>
>>3344309
Wtf was Spain's problem?
>>
File: 5329659552_4cb706dc28_o[1].jpg (701KB, 2106x3439px) Image search: [Google]
5329659552_4cb706dc28_o[1].jpg
701KB, 2106x3439px
A small proportion would be wearing full suits of armor. A proportion would be wearing a cuirass, shirt of mail or brigandine and maybe limb and neck protection, another would have little or no body armor, all would be wearing a helmet and have access to a shield to defend against projectiles.

Lighter troops would support heavier troops in the early stages. When close combat began their roles would be reversed with the lighter troops acting defensively and the fresh heavier troops acting aggressively.
>>
>>3344620
this. Soft armor still has a good chance of catching an arrow in case of an ambush
>>
File: conquii.jpg (42KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
conquii.jpg
42KB, 500x261px
>>3344309

First of all Spaniards were of Moorish decendants, that means that the 'Spaniards' should be black Africans unlike what is shown in your fake photograph manufactured by white people.

pic related is what conquistadors really looked like
>>
>>3344885

WE
>>
>>3344329
>>3344885
Can you two false flagging faggots fuck off?
>>
>>3344924
>>3344926
>fragile white male feels threatened when confronted with real FAX
>>
>>3344926
>p-please don't make my wuzzing more stupid than it is
>>
>>3344926
I was the first reply and I admit I was just having fun. Sorry I upset you.
>>
>>3344885
They even have spears.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.