[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History Degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hsitory.jpg (7KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
hsitory.jpg
7KB, 270x186px
Realistically, the only thing I'm good at is history. I DON'T want to teach. Am I screwed? Even my history professor told me not to major in it.

I CAN'T do anything related to math. I feel like a loser because I'll never be able to do anything cool in engineering or robotics or genetics or space or research. I feel like the only thing I'm good at is worthless. Is this true?

Is there anything I can do besides teach with a history degree?
>>
I did an History degree and this friday im starting working at a bank.

Just study what you like ffs.
>>
Just fucking do it. Whats the worst that could happen?
>>
>paying for someone to tell you how to interpret history

If you're going to do a social "science" than do Philosophy. But you should really just learn math and do something with applied math like accounting, cs, or finance.
>>
A lot of jobs nowadays just need any kind of degree. As long as you get a good final mark it doesn't matter especially what you study, as long as it isn't something like feminist literature or gender studies or any of that nonsense.
>>
>>3342990
wtf this is exactly what I did..I worked 5 years in a bank since graduation 5 years ago and got 4 promotions so far...
>>
>>3342990
>>3343072
what do you do? how did you get the job? I majored in something useless (sociology) and need to find a real job.
>>
>>3343100
Im in Canada.
5 big banks, applied as a teller at em. I knew someone at one of the banks and ended up getting a 25 hour a week gig...luckily living at home at the time so costs were low

Did well, and the bank paid for some shit to let me sell mutual funds (IFIC - useless and easy) and got promoted. Did well in the sales roles, got promoted to a Senior Sales Rep and recently the bank paid for more shit (CSC) to get ah higher position (Financial Advisor).

I'm not using the History degree, but it helped me a lot, clients love to talk and the history degree led me to enjoy reading which made me sound smarter I suppose. When I started as a Teller I also got better at talking to people which is pretty much 90% of sales in banks, the rest is product knowledge.
>>
Uncle Sam paid for my history degree. Now he's paying for International Affairs grad school.
>>
>>3343158
are you a (((globalist))) or neocon?
>>
>>3343170
Neocon. I leech off the defense industry that the baby boomers propped up after Eisenhower left.
>>
>>3343233
Joke's on you, it was Keynesian stimulus in disguise.
>>
>>3343250
Dang...Real talk I cheated on my degree. I took CLEPs and DSSTs for most of the credits. Thomas Edison State University, which normally has a residency requirement of 24, lowered it to 12 because I fight for Israel.
>>
>>3343100
I am starting as a 'host' (to welcome the customers, help them with the ATM, give them a # in order to being attended, maybe manage new credit cards...)

Tbh the salary is low, but the environment and schedule looks pretty OK.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.