[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Library of Babel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

There is no evidence that God created a universe, but math shows the monkeys will eventually create Macbeth. I think theists are deliberately refusing to admit to understanding the thought experiment?

Faith does not mean what they say it does. It's a word with multiple meanings, and one of them is pretending to know things you don't know, so I prefer to avoid it. I know however with certainty due to my understanding of how probabilitity works that the monkeys would create Hamlet.
>>
I refer to monkeys hammering randomly at a keyboard die a long enough time.
>>
>>3341892
this is a great example of when theory becomes useless. don't get me wrong, i understand the concept here, but it's absolutely impractical. not only would no one seriously attempt to carry out such an experiment, but it also may.not.happen. there's always that chance, right?
>>
It would however eventually happen if you had enough time. That's how probality works. Agree?
>>
>>3341892
>but math shows the monkeys will eventually create Macbeth

It doesn't, actually, even if every atom in the universe were a monkey at a typewriter, constantly banging away, for the life of the universe.

Not one sentence would flow forth. Not one.
>>
>>3341913
not when you consider the probability that it would take more time than is possible to give. does that make sense?
>>
>>3341939
Hi Karl!
Head like a fucking orange.
>>
>>3341892
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AkyrMSsY60
>>
>>3341892
monkeys don't have a degree so they can never recreate the masterpiece that is macbeth. You stupid fucking fedora
>>
>>3342242
You don't understand probability, like most srupid theists.
>>
>>3341987
I know as little about who you think you're talking to as you do.
>>
>>3342320
The simulation has been run. Infinite monkeys the duration of the universe could not come up with one single play of Shakespeare.

After 10^80 monkey simulations were run, they literally came up with one single sentence.

(That's as many atoms as there are in the universe.)

As a thought experiment from you leftist idiots, all your fucking monkeys would die within days, having typed not one single word. Not one single word.

But you think the universe popped into existence at random.

It is YOU, Leftist Atheist, who cannot into statistics. YOU, not us.

We know that when something cannot vary more than 1 part in 10^120, IT CANNOT BE RANDOM.
>>
>>3342320 it would have to take into account the probability that it wouldn't happen in the life of the universe. therefore it is improbable.
>>
>>3341987
Gibberish
>>
>>3342346
Which is understood, but get enough monkeys and it will happen, and it would almost definitely happen in this universe. Universe is like 20 billion years old and there is plenty of empty space to store the monkeys.
>>
>>3342345
Doesnt have to be perfectly random on every five throw, just random enough and sopner or later it will happen in enough time. Why is it that theists always fail at math/probability?
>>
>>3342407
You just don't get the reference.
>>
in the beginning there was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God
in the beginning there was the Logos and the Logos was with God and the Logos was God
in the beginning there was the Code and the Code was with God and the Code was God
>>
>>3341892
Existence is kind of like Schrodinger's cat. Think of it this way: it exists because if it didn't exist no one would be able to observe it's non-existence.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.