[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hurricanes/Typhoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2826.jpg (703KB, 3032x2007px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2826.jpg
703KB, 3032x2007px
Are there ancient recordings of hurricanes/typhoons?
>>
The mongol invasion of japan was thwarted by a typhoon. They called it a kamikaze or "divine wind"
>>
>>3339783

There are some Sumerian wax cylinders with recordings of storms on them, but they are just regular storms, not hurricanes, plus most of the cylinders were destroyed during the Gulf War. I was lucky enough to hear some of the recordings when I was working for Saddam before Gulf War 1, they were pretty low-fi but it was fairly cool to hear what storms sounded like thousands of years ago.
>>
>>3339815
?
>>
>>3339815
>I was working for Saddam

You are dangerously close to derailing this thread
>>
>>3339815
>Sumerian wax cylinders
well mem'd, my friend
>>3339783
I think you meant to say records, not recordings.
>>
>>3339815
Working for Saddam???
>>
>>3339815
How did you stop working for Saddam?
>>
>>3341863
Probably had to do with him fucking dying
>>
>>3342038
He/you said in the comment that it was before the first gulf war, shitload of stuff could have happened since
>>
>>3339815
>sumerian wax cylinders
wat
>>
File: 02b.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
02b.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>3339815
>I was lucky enough to hear some of the recordings when I was working for Saddam before Gulf War 1
>There are some Sumerian wax cylinders with recordings of storms on them
Best post of the week right here
>>
>>3339815
stop playing assassin's creed games
>>
>>3339815
Were you taking 10 tabs of acid a day or something? That's the only explanation I can think of for someone who claims to have worked for Saddam and listened to lo-fi recordings of ancient storms on wax scrolls.
>>
>>3339815
/mu/ meets /x/ meets /his/
>>
>>3339815
top kek
>>
>>3339815
And that Saddam? Albert Einstein!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.