[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did black nationalism fail so hard in Zimbabwe/Rhodesia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2348.gif (94KB, 709x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2348.gif
94KB, 709x557px
Why did black nationalism fail so hard in Zimbabwe/Rhodesia?
>>
Probably has something to do with the lack of one african Nationality in general, if I were to guess. I do not know very much about african history though.
>>
>>3339209
Because it wasn't black nationalism, it was tribal niggerdom. Immediately after taking power, Mugabe started killing off people from rival tribes.
>>
File: murdockmapbound.png (96KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
murdockmapbound.png
96KB, 816x1056px
>>3339209
Super tribal societies. You couldn't get Croats and Serbs to get along once the economy to a dip. I couldn't image how alien a concept modern western pan-nationalism would have been to a tribe in Africa.
>>
>>3339225
Essentially this.

Klepocratic maniacs tend to fail regardless of what their ideology is.
>>
Because they were various tribes that didn't get along forced under the same national borders by foreign powers. Middle East has a lot of the same problem.
>>
>>3339225
Well it's just interesting to see because nationalism has been practiced in other parts of the world by other ethnic groups. While it never worked out in the long term, it certainly sustained itself longer than Mugabe's approach did. African Nationalism fell apart significantly faster than any other form of nationalism. Just interesting to observe. I wonder why
>>
File: 1503460121720.jpg (27KB, 512x484px) Image search: [Google]
1503460121720.jpg
27KB, 512x484px
>>3339209
>kill or exile all the people who knew how to run a country
>oh shit where'd the crops go
>europe pls halp
>get aid from Britain
>oh yeah haha I'm the Conqueror of the British Empire
Take a guess
>>
>>3339240
how long does SA have?
>>
>>3339233
I think the only true black nationalist country in the world is Haiti. Which is still an unimaginable shithole obviously, though.
>>
>>3339243
SA is different, they didn't kick out all the people who could run the nation, or had them teach how.
>>
>>3339243
South Africa didn't kick out the whites, they're still there, the ones that didn't leave on their own anyway.
>>
>>3339209
How do you define "fail"?
If you mean make Zimbabwe a prosperous and developed nation, then it failed pretty badly.
But if you define it as nation and state building, then Zimbabwe, despite its economic collapse, doesn't look likely to collapse into a balkanized state, and isn't particularly worse than other sub-Saharan nations in ethnic politics.
Nationalism does not equal economic development. A nation can be very nationalistic and be an economic shithole.
>>
>>3339209
Robert Mugabe.
>>
>>3339275
When black Hitler finally dies, Zimbabwe will collapse.
>>
>>3339209
States run by evil kleptocrat murderous retards propped up by communist money and guns. There was never any chance for real success.
>>
>>3339243
The success of Mandela was that he didn't kill whitey while many members of his party wanted to do this, of course they were going to mask this as "it's because they have a lot of money" and not because of pure revenge.
>>
>>3339209
Because blacks are more lazy. greedy and corrupt than other groups of people.

In fact no other race has been more opressed by their own people than blacks. The tyranny under black rule has been worse than the one under the Arab or European one
>>
>>3339271
They're not going to be there for long
>Zuma.png
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.