[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nuclear holocaust is inevitable in the long term. as long as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: boom.jpg (34KB, 502x264px) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
34KB, 502x264px
nuclear holocaust is inevitable in the long term. as long as a conflict becomes important enough to not be fought by proxy, then of course both parties are going to utilize their entire arsenal like in every other great war effort in history.

my question is, what kind of institution or rethinking of the way we do global politics would be required to not let it happen again/at all?
>>
File: i_must_scream.jpg (20KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
i_must_scream.jpg
20KB, 329x153px
AI

If we can do it Iain Banks style and not pic related.
>>
>>3338666
nice trips btw
>>
>>3338675
what exactly are you suggesting the AI to do? replace the entire government?
>>
>>3338715

Yes and no. Administration should be left to AI while humans should still have a large roll to play. I am just a brainlet on 4chan, but I think if we can figure out how to make us mutually benefit from each other. AI continues to live, we continue to live. We explore together. God made us to make AI right?
>>
>>3338666
Best hope for mankind is for civil defense programs and fallout shelter building construction to begin anew. The Soviets never believed in MAD, but in a winnable nuclear war. MAD is a delusional Western concept that could cost millions of lives if allowed to continue.
>>
>>3338666
>On 11 July 1934 the headline on the front page of the New York Times read, "TESLA, AT 78, BARES NEW 'DEATH BEAM.'" The article reported that the new invention "will send concentrated beams of particles through the free air, of such tremendous energy that they will bring down a fleet of 10,000 enemy airplanes at a distance of 250 miles..." Tesla stated that the death beam would make war impossible by offering every country an "invisible Chinese wall."

>His system required a series of power plants located along a country's coast that would scan the skies in search of enemy aircraft. Since the beam was projected in a straight line, it was only effective for about 200 miles — the distance of the curvature of the earth.
>>
>>3338666
Define 'Nuclear Holocaust'
Also Satanic checked
>>
>>3338666
>nuclear holocuast is inevitable in the long term
the cold war's peaceful resolution would suggest otherwise
>>
>>3339034
We were lucky that for the first few decades of this threat nobody was insane or desperate enough to use it.
Doesn't mean it stays that way and is arguably more likely to happen than not.
Once some conflict threatens the existence of a nuclear power, they will be used.
>>
Superman takes all our nukes and chucks them into the sun
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.