[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of Criminal Organizations thread, dump what you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1503946736662.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1503946736662.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
History of Criminal Organizations thread,

dump what you have on organizations like Cosa Nostra, 'Ndraneghta, Camorra, Unione Corse, Yakhuza,, Triad, ect.
>>
It's a neat idea and I've seen you bring it up before, frankly anything that's not some veiled political shitpost is a blessing, but what history is there of these sorts of organizations? It seems like it would just be conjecture and unreliable sources. Are there scholarly or semi scholarly works dealing with organized crime?
>>
>>3338009
Depends on the organizations. I've been reading all the wikipedia pages for various orgs. Some have a lot of detail due to members turned informants and public media accounts for certain events. However, reading these pages you can tell the accounts read from more of an outside perspective. Many of these groups don't keep records for obvious reasons. Unione Corse is among the most secretive and very unlikely to find any info regarding them, unfortunately.

I'm all for people posting myths or 'uncertain' information about these orgs though.
>>
One somewhat interesting fact is that the Sicilian mafia were by and large no longer an issue in Italian society until the allied invasion of Sicily, after which key players within the mafia were put in positions of power in Sicily to keep society in order http://americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_388.html
>>
>>3337966
Look up Thuggees if you want to see the real life Dark Brotherhood
>>
One fun fact that I thought was funny as an Australian: one of the earliest street gangs (might've even been the first, although there seems to be competing claims) in California was started by some Australian migrants who came over during the Californian gold rush.
>>
File: IMG_5162.jpg (97KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5162.jpg
97KB, 300x441px
>>3337966
Some of Japanese Yakuza rings were actually formed by forced Korean immigrants that decided to remain after WW2. They were often treated as outcasts and were isolated and discriminated upon if their identity were known. Of course, it doesn't justify the illegal extortion but that's how it is.

Pic related is Hiysayuki Machii, founder of Toa Kei.
>>
>>3340426
Yeah, I've heard that there's a lot of Koreans and Ainu involved with them. Also the families that were involved in handling things related to death, like butchering animals, tanning, gravedigging.
>>
>>3340331
yeah, all started after Mussolini visited Sicily in 1924 iirc.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.