[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thomas Edison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3934.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3934.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
Why does everyone have such a boner for Thomas Edison?
>>
Joseph Swan invented the light bulb. Edison just marketed it and sold electricity to the public.
>>
>>3337813
"invented the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison

You basically answered your own question. He made the idea a reality.
>>
>>3337813
They don't. It's much trendier to shit on him at the moment, despite him basically being the Steve Jobs of his day.
>>
>>3337879
He also electrocuted cats and dogs to generate bad publicity for efforts to upgrade to AC current
>>3338476
All the more reason to shit on him, i find
>>
>>3339736
I thought it was an elephant
>>
>>3340230
What, killed by Edison? Dont know, but I am sure I read about dogs being electrocuted
>>
>>3337813
Honestly I've haven't heard anyone here or IRL say anything nice about Edison in years.

Everyone's too busy riding Tesla's dick and anytime you mention Edison you just get loads of "WELL ACKSUALLY" posts.
>>
>>3338476

This. Thanks to Cracked and The Oatmeal, it's the cool thing to hate him and mindlessly worship Tesla.
>>
>>3340230
>>3341685
Both are true, and technically he killed humans too. I mean, he invented the electric chair to perpetuate the bad image of AC. Point is, he went around doing public demonstrations of the evilness of AC current, and for that purpose he killed many animals, including an elephant.
>>
>>3338476
>Post puts Jobs and Edison on the same level
>>
>>3338476
Jobs was even worse than edison...
>>
>>3337813

Who loves Edison? Are you living before the internet or something? His many frauds and generally terrible behavior puts his few ACTUAL achievements into something of a shade.
>>
>>3342166

Jobs was much more of a cunt, but Edison literally stole people's work and then sued THEM for patent infringement.
>>
>>3337813
didn't he shill DC like no tomorrow while sabotaging Tesla even though AC was vastly superior?
>>
>>3337813
I thinkhes famous because he epitomizes the wedding americas fetishization of technological progress and optimism and entrepreneurial/capitalist enterprise together together with the individualism and the cult of genius
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.