[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God is nature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2MB, 1956x2940px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2MB, 1956x2940px
What do you think of pantheism? It cured my 11-year-old case of Reddit atheism.
>>
>>3335267
I don't see the point of it in a modern context. Why bother attaching a special label to nature?
>>
If everything is God, nothing is.
>>
>>3335280
Nature deserves the reverence of the divine. Modernity diminishes Her to a weak status, to something that we must protect, instead of recognizing that we are at Her mercy and that She will do what She wants to do to us, including extinction.

>>3335284
Spoken like a true Christfag. Back to /pol/.
>>
>>3335351
>Revere nature to appease my spooks
>>
>>3335360
>spooks

Lol just fuck off.
>>
>>3335351
>Nature deserves the reverence of the divine.
What purpose would said reverence have if it does absolutely nothing?
>>
File: nospooksallowed.jpg (47KB, 501x525px) Image search: [Google]
nospooksallowed.jpg
47KB, 501x525px
>>3335351
>deserves
>her
>she
>anthromorphism

I bet you are still afraid of ghosts.
>>
>>3335351
You're sacralising earth and nature as the highest form of divinity.

Evola would like a word with you on your mommy issues
>>
File: niitše.jpg (26KB, 524x400px) Image search: [Google]
niitše.jpg
26KB, 524x400px
>be niitše
>recognise early in life that nihilism is going to be the bane of human existence
>work desperately to show that there can be a pursuit of meaning in spite of the collapse of religion
>write yourself into a philosophy-induced nervous breakdown trying to show that we can overcome nihilism by pursuing passion, art, self-ownership and struggle
>100+ years later
>teenagers think that you are a nihilist and claim to use your philosophy to justify hedonistic meaningless living
>>
File: darkmatterapoth.png (1MB, 1266x839px) Image search: [Google]
darkmatterapoth.png
1MB, 1266x839px
>>3335267
>>3335284
>>3335351
>>3336172

>What do you think of pantheism? It cured my 11-year-old case of Reddit atheism.

Credible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKf6BJi-9tU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBAE-3755NY
>>
>>3335267
>This earthworm is God.

Surely that cannot be blasphemy......
>>
File: pyramidkek.png (560KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
pyramidkek.png
560KB, 539x850px
>>3336172
>You're sacralising earth and nature as the highest form of divinity.

If there's a God then mortals do not rule this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqGOdx0tiQ
>>
Pantheism is retarded, it's too logical and unimpressive, may as well worship your mom uterus or your dad sperm

it doesn't even have metaphysics, what kind of religion is this?
>>
>>3336317
>try to fight nihilism
>have the nihilism take over your life and give you dementia
>fail utterly, die a broken man in an asylum
>gee, I wonder why edgy teenagers see his example as nihilistic
>>
File: IMG_3840.jpg (74KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3840.jpg
74KB, 850x400px
>>3335267
Pantheism is the cargo cult of theology. Instead of embracing rational methodologies, attempts to enshrined them as a faith based ideology. Instead of teaching people to do science it teaches people to worship science, or at least to worship the thing that the sciences do a heck of a lot better job describing.

Learn to overcome your anxieties about the things which are unknown to you, and come to terms with the fact that you may never know them. Stay curious, stay rational, stay open-minded, and know that the ethical lifestyle is the one which will pay off the most long term dividends for you, even if that means having to let go of childish arrogance and delusion. That is the path to the divine
>>
File: PyramidLandowner.png (1MB, 1059x850px) Image search: [Google]
PyramidLandowner.png
1MB, 1059x850px
>>3337660
>Pantheism is the cargo cult of theology. Instead of embracing rational methodologies, attempts to enshrined them as a faith based ideology. Instead of teaching people to do science it teaches people to worship science, or at least to worship the thing that the sciences do a heck of a lot better job describing.

(sorry, this is deleted and re-posted because I linked the wrong evidence)

If you assert there is a god, it must be living. The premise of monotheism is that there's a god that speaks through mortal writings with such perfection that they can transcribe the word of God with 100% perfection but there hasn't been a single one of these people in over 2000 years and they're all Jews by the way.

Except, Jews didn't invent theology and all the systems that came outside and before Judaism seemed to believe in living deities that rule natural aspects of civilization and nature - i.e. pantheism except with delineated deities.

The next question is, is there any evidence of superhuman intelligence perceivable in the environment?

The answer is yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q
>>
File: 1494206083830.jpg (261KB, 1517x891px) Image search: [Google]
1494206083830.jpg
261KB, 1517x891px
I think pantheism has a major issue which Kant revealed in his transcendental dialectic.
Assuming the absolute, as the pantheist does by understanding the whole of nature as being the indivisible and infinite God (for to assume God as divisible or finite is counter to the task of making nature itself
divine, as we then lose the case of the divine even existing), comes with the following contradiction:

i) Our activity of trying to gain knowledge causes us to find ourselves compelled to postulate the absolute, or God, to create the total collection of conditions (the way things are/can be).
However, by such logic, there must be a first cause, or some ultimate constituents of God, otherwise there would be an infinite regress and there is no way to demonstrate how anything could
possibly come into being.

ii) In our struggle to grasp knowledge, we are forced to seek the condition for any event or thing- so that for any cause or constituent, there must be a prior cause or simpler constituent.

I believe the pantheist is caught here and must either: (1) deflate their claim, (2) overcome the contradiction or (3) move the debate to the area of revelation or intuition.

(1) seems to me as being the worst choice for the pantheist who then undermines the fundamental doctrine of God-as-Nature.
(2) while likely the most favorable, is something that I do not see myself as being resolved by a pantheist, though I can say I have been mistaken before.
(3) moves the argument into another arena entirely and is pointless to debate, as assertions true or not simply cannot be dissected by reasons.
>>
God is within.
>>
>>3337774

>i) Our activity of trying to gain knowledge causes us to find ourselves compelled to postulate the absolute, or God, to create the total collection of conditions (the way things are/can be).
>However, by such logic, there must be a first cause, or some ultimate constituents of God, otherwise there would be an infinite regress and there is no way to demonstrate how anything could possibly come into being.
>ii) In our struggle to grasp knowledge, we are forced to seek the condition for any event or thing- so that for any cause or constituent, there must be a prior cause or simpler constituent.

The idea of a 'total collection of conditions' renders the logic of there being a first cause separate to the collection of all conditions illogical. A total collection of conditions contains all causes, the collection of all causes contains the cause that caused itself. It can be self-caused, although really, the idea of causes is irrelevant in a pantheist universe which would function within a B-theory model of time, the universe (all that exists) could unite happily be eternal. There is also no reason for a state of non-existence or pre -existence to be obligatorily accepted as necessity, these are human abstractions that cannot be applied to a being of God as "All that exists and ever could", existence and non-existence do not apply to this pantheistic version of God. There simply is everything, and nothing can exist outside of everything.

A transcendent monotheistic God is a weaker theological position than a Pantheistic All-God; a Monotheistic God relies on special pleading for its uncaused nature; it relies on our reality being akin to a video game level; and it can ultimately be grouped within a larger set of God + any object from his creation. A Pantheistic God cannot be grouped at all, it is the highest expression.
>>
>>3335267

Well you eventually need a cure for that pantheism? I have an ignostic pill ready.

:^)

Seriously though, it used to be a position I took. Then I realized the futility of it. And perhaps more seriously, the uselessness of it.

So God is nature. Now carry these buckets of water up the hill. Chop wood. Clean your room.

Nowadays I focus less on "God" and more on the chopping wood and cleaning your room. Because if there is a God, he surely puts more beauty into the most airy and insignificant things of the world than in the abode of gravity and seriousness.
>>
>>3335267
You made a lateral move, at best.
>>
>>3338547
Yes, he wouldn't care at all about the great lengths he went to in order to provide mankind with one and only one possible hope for salvation, and you ignoring that means of salvation, which required the death of the Christ, to chop wood and clean your room.
>>
>>3335267

PANTHEISM, AS DEISM, IS A FORM OF ATHEISM, SO, IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT MANY ORTHODOX ATHEISTS TURN TO PANTHEISM.

ORTHODOX ATHEISM BELIEVES IN GOD, BUT DISAVOWS IT; DEISM BELIEVES IN GOD, BUT RELEGATES TO IRRELEVANCE; PANTHEISM IS THE MOST SACRILEGIOUS OF THE THREE, BECAUSE IT EQUATES GOD WITH MATTER.

GOD IS NOT EVERYTHING, BUT EVERYTHING IS IN GOD, AND NOT EVERYTHING IS MATERIAL.

THE ROOT OF ATHEISM IS MATERIALISM, AND MATERIALISM HAS A BIOGENETIC —RACIAL— ROOT.
>>
>>3338556

Stop being autistic. If only Christians would shut up and go on chopping wood! It'd teach them there is another world...in front of their faces!

And not to mention that salvation is one of the ugliest concepts ever bequeathed to man. That in the "end", order will overcome entropy. That one particular picture from one particular book will immanetize itself!

Please don't plead from a book. You were not the one who wrote it and neither did you shed blood for its knowledge or origin.
>>
File: 1346824186079.jpg (217KB, 567x622px) Image search: [Google]
1346824186079.jpg
217KB, 567x622px
>>3338586

ah it all makes so much sense now
>>
You're still a reddit atheist.
First, there is no 'nature'. That's a false category made up by Enlightenment pseuds.
>>3335351
Fuck off pagan.
>>3336317
That's not what Nietzsche was doing you fucking idiot
>>
File: 346346346346.jpg (11KB, 750x281px) Image search: [Google]
346346346346.jpg
11KB, 750x281px
POLL: WHO IS MORE INSANE??

this guy:
>>3337432
>>3337613
>>3337761

or this guy:
>>3338586
>>
File: richmanlaz3.png (1MB, 1626x858px) Image search: [Google]
richmanlaz3.png
1MB, 1626x858px
>>3338651
>POLL: WHO IS MORE INSANE??

I'm bat shit crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHNqA2l4w08
>>
>>3338651
That guy is insane

>>3338586
That guy is awesome... 99% there
>>
File: womian.jpg (364KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
womian.jpg
364KB, 857x1202px
>>3335351
Nature is our enemy. If you're a man that is, for nature is female.
>>
>>3335351
What is divine reverence? How is it useful in any way that rational fear isn't already useful in? Why does anything deserve reverence, divine or otherwise?

>>3338612
>First, there is no 'nature'.

I pretty much agree with this. You are nature ya dummy. I don't see the purpose, at this point in the history of mankind, to deify anything. It's so shallow and meaningless, I'd be surprised if it had any practical psychological purpose.

>>3338556
This isn't a problem, though. You're talking about letting fictitious mythology worsen your life because you accidentally trust that it's all actually for your own good.

>>3337922
A collection of all conditions that to which subscribes a B-theory model of time, which also describes all of the conditions relevant to the lives of mortal men, cannot exist, because mortal men experience a linear time which allows the conditions of non-existence, pre-existence, and post-existence. (also, why you got to speak in deliberately obfuscated ways? To make the brittle and shallow meaning of what you're saying more difficult to actually find?)

>>3336317
Never actually read about Nihilism, this actually sounds like my kind of philosophy. Too bad I have no idea if any of this is true, because I haven't read anything about Nihilism, and because >>3338612 contradicted you. I guess I have to fucking read now.
>>
My religious history in a nutshell:
>Born an agnostic (soft atheist), just like all humans are
>Grew up as a Roman Catholic
>Became a agnostic as a teenager
>Soon enough turned into an atheist, mostly because of Dostoevsky and Nietzsche's influence
>Seriously started to consider Buddhism and Taoism for a while
>Then I took the Marxist pill
>Now I've spooked myself with Stirner, so I've dropped the whole toothbrush-collectivization gommunist shit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.