[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuclear Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 502px-Nagasakibomb.jpg (55KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
502px-Nagasakibomb.jpg
55KB, 502x600px
Was it the biggest mistake in history?
>>
>>3330697
nope.

nuclear weapons actually worked where the Gatling and Maxim machine guns failed. They are weapons so awful. that no one will dare use the. nations that have them and can effectively deploy them in retaliation, are effectively immune from being attacked through conventional or nuclear means.

nuclear weapons have forced peace among the major world powers. leaving them to only fight in smaller conflicts against nations with out nuclear weapons or through proxies. No more massive industrial world wars like in the first half of the 20th century.

the only mistake was the nuclear non proliferation movement. which has left a lot of regionally important nations with out nuclear deterrence and open to being invaded and occupied by nuclear nations.

every nation that can acquire nuclear weapons. should be able to, and do it openly.

i've lived in Japan. I've been to the Peace museum in Hiroshima, and seen the A bomb dome. I was in japan when the 3/11 earthquake/tsunami/meltdown happened. I was there when radioactive contamination spread over parts of Japan. yet I still support the idea of every nation being a nuclear power.
>>
>>3330697
No nuclear weapons are great. The fear of complete annihilation has contributed greatly in keeping the people in line.
>>
>>3330731
That's all fine and dandy until we give the nuclear codes to a mentally unhinged orange clown
>>
>>3330731
>has contributed greatly in keeping the people in line.
This is why it is the biggest mistake in history. It has stunted the growth of society, we have stagnated politically.
>>
>>3330735
Trump can't launch the nukes with out someone else being in agreement with him. every thing involving nuclear weapons has to have at least 2 people.

>>3330736
yeah, instead we should have just burned europe down to the ground, again for the third time. as we got into a conventional conflict with the soviets. then do it again as we fight China. Then again as we fight someone else, and again and again.
>>
>>3330697
yes
>>
>>3330735
>mentally unhinged orange clown
How's that assignment for Mrs.Thompson's class going, anon?
>>
>>3330697
>
>>3330697
The only ones who can use them are the ones who shouldn't

They slowly make war between large nations impossible

Massive amounts of conflict reduced to a minor scale where there is no longer an innocent on the battle field and all war tabbos are gone

Id say they were ok all in all
>>
>>3330735
>reee reagan is going to start a nuclear war
>reee bush is going to start a nuclear war
>reee bush jr. is going to start a nuclear war
>reee trump is going to start a nuclear war
>>
>>3331503
this
>>
>>3330697
Without nukes you can bet your ass WW3 would have already happened.
>>
File: Chinese army.jpg (105KB, 810x538px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese army.jpg
105KB, 810x538px
>World Powers nowadays get criminals, terrorists, and very poor countries to fight for them in proxy wars instead of addressing each other in conflict and putting an end to arguments between them.

They were a mistake.
They were a fucking mistake.
>>
>>3332210
Wouldve been for the best.
>>
>>3330697
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.