[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop helping others.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 21

Stop helping others.
>>
File: zizek2.jpg (169KB, 2848x2391px) Image search: [Google]
zizek2.jpg
169KB, 2848x2391px
>>3329558
Stop eating from the trashcan of ideology.
>>
>dadddy...tell me the story about the communists stealing your pharmacy again daddy
>>
Most people misrepresent or misunderstand her ideology desu. Collectivist /pol/fags pls go.
>>
>>3329566
What do /pol/fags think about this guy?
>>
>not being a selfish arrogant sociopath = collectivism
wew
no wonder only edgy teens like her
>>
PD: I want to help people. I want to do good for other people. What’s so bad about that?

AR: Nothing, if you do it by your own choice, and if it’s not your primary aim in life, and if you don’t regard it as a moral virtue. Under those conditions, it’s fine to help people if you want to.

PD: Why can’t I think of it as a moral virtue? I mean, can’t I take some bows for myself for doing all these good things?

AR: Because that would be cannibalism. Because that would mean that you preach altruism, which means not merely kindness but self-sacrifice. It means that you place the welfare of others above your own, that you live for others for the sake of helping them, and that justifies your life. That’s immoral according to my morals.
>>
File: aynrandhat.jpg (72KB, 970x1349px) Image search: [Google]
aynrandhat.jpg
72KB, 970x1349px
>>3329635
That interview was fucking hilarious, I love the part where Phil starts trying to champion feminism and Rand just goes "NO THEY ARE PARASITES."

>Audience member: I want to change the topic and go back to what you said about history. Fifteen years ago I was impressed with your books and I sort of felt that your philosophy was proper. Today, however, I am more educated and I find that if a company…

>AR: This is what I don’t answer.

>PD: Well, wait a minute! You haven’t heard the question yet!

>AR: She’s already estimated her position and my work, incidentally, explain the quality of her brain.

tfw no Ayn gf
>>
*dies on welfare*
>>
Pshh...nothing personnel communists
>>
>>3329660
t. Brainlet
>>
>>3329666
Sorry Satan but i'm not the one worshiping some hypocrite kike bitch.
>>
>>3329591
/pol/ seems to like him alot. He's kinda a meme.
>>
>>3329635
She sounds like an edgelord.
>>
>>3329680
She was too perfect for our flawed world.

>Audience member: I don’t believe that. I can’t believe it because money is power, and the more money you have, the more power you have.

>{Audience applause}

>PD: And, we encourage you to make a contribution to that observation.

>AR: I will not answer anyone who is impolite, but…

>{Audience disagreement}

>PD: She wasn’t impolite.

>AR: I do not sanction impoliteness and I am not the victim of hippies. But…

>PD: Hippies?

>AR: That’s where it started, the dropping politeness and of manner.

>PD: You are equating someone who disagrees with you with impoliteness. That’s not fair.

>AR: Oh, no! {Laughter} {Audience applause}. If you didn’t interrupt me I would have demonstrated what I mean. To show you that I am not evading the question, if anyone wants to ask the same question politely, I will be delighted to answer.

>{Audience incredulous}

>PD: But, there was nothing impolite. You are punishing this woman for the energy and vigor that she brought to the dialogue. And, that’s not fair. This is the kind of woman we spend a long time trying to attract to our television audience.

>AR: Wait just a minute.

>PD: Miss Rand.

>AR: I heard what she said. “I used to agree with you, but now that I’m more educated…” What does that mean?!

>PD: Now she has a different view. There’s nothing personal about that observation. Don’t be so sensitive!

>AR: I am going to be!

>{Commercial break}
>>
If you exchange a penny for a dollar, it is not a sacrifice; if you exchange a dollar for a penny, it is. If you achieve the career you wanted, after years of struggle, it is not a sacrifice; if you then renounce it for the sake of a rival, it is. If you own a bottle of milk and give it to your starving child, it is not a sacrifice; if you give it to your neighbor’s child and let your own die, it is.
>>
She sounds pretty insufferable desu.
>>
File: zizek_4chan.png (406KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
zizek_4chan.png
406KB, 914x898px
>>3329566
4chan is ideology incarnate.
>>
People who criticize Ayn Rand, and are on the Right, are honestly idiots, or haven't read any of her books.

And before you say "oh but anon, I have read 200+ pages of Atlas Shrugged" yeah no, that doesn't count.
You just tried to read what she, in her twilight considered should be written, as sort of a central work connecting all her ideas.
Essentially, you've tried to read, and failed to read what is basically the final boss.
You don't just go straight to the final boss without first reading AT LEAST The Anthem first.

The Anthem will give you an idea of whether or not she's even suitable for you to read her works. If you disagree with her premise in that story, and if you fail to see what she was talking about, happening in the real world on some level, then you're too far gone, so to speak. So you should just go on claiming she was horrible.

However, if you like what she has to say in there, move onto We The Living. Once you read that, make sure to read about how hard it was for her to publish the book. Then go, and read the news and you'll once again notice similarities between a certain dystopia, and the world we live in today.
Then, and only then you go and pick up The Fountainhead, and in The Fountainhead, you'll get a grasp of what you're up against, how futile it seems without Ayn Rand, and how much sense it makes WITH Ayn Rand in your life.

And then you can read Atlas Shrugged, but only if you want to. And her essays, make sure to check those out as well. You don't quite understand how far gone society of today is, until you've read Ayn Rand. And you can do it even if you're not religious or if you dislike skyscrapers, doesn't matter. You'll find something in her writing, that will give you hope or inspire you, at least short-term. If you take all the correct steps of course.

But please, don't go on the internet and pervert her legacy with these retarded memes, that's just sad.
>>
>>3329730
even if you ARE religious*
>>
File: 1500238998680.jpg (334KB, 1161x869px) Image search: [Google]
1500238998680.jpg
334KB, 1161x869px
>>3329730
Hard to pervert something that's meme by itself :^)
>that's just sad
Agreed, her braindead cultists are just sad
>>
File: ayn rand.jpg (20KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ayn rand.jpg
20KB, 620x400px
>>3329558
Ayn Rand is fucking based

>>3329628
>being a faggot
D R O P P E D

>>3329705
You can see why she believes all this, having come from the absolute fucking hellhole of the USSR, where everybody is told "self-interest is bad, we are all the proletariat, you must do your bit for the fatherland, you must not question, you must not deviate, otherwise we'll throw you in the gulag"

In an environment like that, you can see why she'd rebel and say "no, it is natural for somebody to have their own dreams and desires, it is natural for them to want to do what is best for themselves - fuck you."

I think her ideas are especially prescient regarding today's lefty morons who advocate for open borders. They're sacrificing their own interests for literally no reason whatsoever, other than the fact that they think it's "moral", which is absolutely fucking absurd. It isn't moral at all, it's just fucking stupidity, because the people you're inviting into the country want to kill you and/or subjugate you.
>>
File: o5z0hw.jpg (169KB, 676x1024px) Image search: [Google]
o5z0hw.jpg
169KB, 676x1024px
People always misinterpret her stance against "altruism." She's not against doing nice things for other people if that is what you want to do with your time and resources, she's against appealing to altruism as a form of power and control over others.
>>
>>3329566
Goot *schniff* posht
>>
>>3329771
>Implying Germans were the ones to shove Jews into ovens
>>
>>3329650
>sucking Rand's cock
Yes good drone. Let your corporate overlords squeeze as much of your hard earned money that they can take. You don't need health or dental insurance right?
>>
>>3329792
You're a fucking idiot. If you're a follower of Rand then you stick up for your own interests, and you defend yourself when they're being threatened (from whoever it is - """corporate overlords""" or whatever).
>>
>>3329764
Open borders are just a consequence of neoliberal capitalism. It is in someone's self-interest to import foreigners because they'll work for less than you will :^)
>>
>>3329812
And it's in my interest to oppose them you fucking cuckold.
>>
File: 1444749111221.jpg (91KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
1444749111221.jpg
91KB, 600x509px
>>3329833
And it is in their interest to oppose you, because you threaten their self-interest :^)
>>
>>3329771
Didnt nietzche come up with this years earlier?
>>
File: 1504463652061.png (98KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1504463652061.png
98KB, 501x585px
>>3329771
>attack islam
>attack christianity
>jews are always the victims
Nice comic
>>
rational self interest impossible biologically luhmao
>>
>>3329799
We're not all comfy CEOs, how is a factory worker suppose to stand up for their own interest all by themselves. Collectivism is what gives employees strength. If you go alone to your boss and demand better benefits you get brushed off or fired. And if you just decide to quit to find a better employer, what do you do if most CEOs follow Rand's ideology and offer as little benefits as possible for the sake of their own gain?

It's Rand's ideology that is the true parasite on humanity.
>>
ideology has v effective parasitic action on human choice in society. It's why it exists.
>>
>>3329846
Yes. Ayn Rand was a mediocre philosopher, a poor writer and a horrible human being.

Her contribution to the field was null.
>>
>>3329688
>demands "respect" from those who would question her
>is infamously a chronic impolite bitch
Truely the world has never seen such vistas of hypocrisy before or since.
I cri evry tiem
>>
She isn't opposed to charity.
She's opposed to putting a gun to someone's head and taking their money.

Leftypol is overdosing on estrogen pills and lashing out at people who don't want to supplement their various mental illnesses.
>>
>>3329650
Ayn Rand collected social security and medicare.
>>
File: analy.jpg (876KB, 1066x1500px) Image search: [Google]
analy.jpg
876KB, 1066x1500px
>>3329903

>field day>
>>
>>3329912
>She's opposed to putting a gun to someone's head and taking their money.
She is opposed to someone's self-interest?
>>
>>3329764
>dude do whatever you want lmao
>except you have to respect my arbitrary property rights don't mess with that
>>
>>3329894

also just incoherent

contradicted herself constantly
>>
>>3329930
She's opposed to coercion you faggot.
You probably think working for someone can't be in your self-interest too.
Go take your estrogen.
>>
>>3329949
What if collectivism is in my self-interest?
>>
>>3329949

*working for* it's all there in the syntax

any non independent action is always coercive either through persuasion/reward/whatever infantile tactics humans respond to, society is coercion mechanised

since truly independent action impossible psychologically......
err give up?
>>
File: Stirner1.jpg (114KB, 507x768px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner1.jpg
114KB, 507x768px
>>3329956
>>
>>3329730
>real world
No such thing exists, autist.
There is nothing of value in her writing that wasn't done better before or after.
>>3329771
Objectivism is nonsensical modern trash.
Objectivism is childish individualism.
The notion that 'my interests are imperative' is a notion that, if taken seriously, leads to a world of people too far up their own asses to do anything but shove food down their throats and drown it down with liquid sugar.
Ayn Rand is fucking irrelevant -- get over it.
>>
>>3329670
She was a taxpayer so she would be silly not to use the services she paid for. Although she would've wanted welfare abolished.
>>
>>3330109
THIS GUY GETS IT
>>
>>3329937
>arbitrary property rights
As an economic migrant and now assimilated professional, I'd rather have a shot at being upper middle class than someone's factory worker any day, which would have been my fate back in the Fatherland.
>>
>>3330324
How does that have to do with property rights that is arbitrary as fuck?
>>
>>3330324
>muh feelings

Shoo shoo, spook.
>>
>>3329558
Even other libertarians thought Ayn Rand was nuttier than a squirrel turd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuSodwE4q6s

Transcript: https://mises.org/library/mozart-was-red
>>
>>3329558
>Ayn rand and sam harris are considered philosophers
>>
>>3330342
>>3331958
this is the best thing these two fucks can come out with
>>
>>3331990
Rand's edgelord """""philosophy"""""" is Ancap memeball lite
>>
>>3329670

>It's hypocritical to ask for some of your money back after the government has stolen it
>>
Extreme individualism is as retarded as extreme collectivism.
Humans can't survive alone. Humans always form groups. Groups evolve. It's something instinctive and someone going against that is clearly not normal, mentally.
What's wrong with preaching altruism? It's good for the group, and thus individual.
Forcing something is bad, but sometimes necessary to avoid worse things. Perfect systems don't exist, and everything fails, and it's extremely dishonest to list faults of something but act completely blind to the benefits.
What I find laughable about all these people is how they totally ignore empirical evidence which totally destroys their theories.
Neither humans nor human groups are as simplistic as they believe or want to believe.
>>
>>3329573
Smart Jewesses are hot, desu
>>
>>3329591
They like him because he doesn't plug his fingers in his ears as hard as others on the left, and at the same time he's not a liberal.
>>
*lives on welfare*
>>
>>3331995
>stolen it
lmao.
>>
Respecting other people's rights, including the kind of rights Ayn Rand advocated, even when you could benefit from disrespecting them is a form of altruism, even if a passive one. Now of course Ayn Rand would say that somehow magically this is in your self-interest in the long run because of reasons, but unless we live in some kind of world with Karma (we don't) it's a rule of thumb at best. Objectivism contradicts itself when it comes to rational self-interest.
>>
>>3329771
>their cross represents the torture and murder of a superior being for the sins of his inferiors

NIGGA WHAT

It's more like God suffered himself to save everyone, that is pretty much the core of christianity, the whole "God loves you so much that he sent himself as a human to suffer and die for all humans".
>>
>>3329688
jesus christ, what a fucking child

that or a legit sperg. Would have browsed 4chan if she was alive at this point for sure
>>
File: articulate yelling.png (354KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
articulate yelling.png
354KB, 500x380px
>>3329566
Slavoj and Oscar Wilde would both agree with her in this instance, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g&t=307s

5 min 7 sec
>>
>>3329660
fuck Ragnar Danneskjold for taking all that gold. The people's states needed it more than him!
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 955x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 955x829px
Objectivism threads are always the most autistic
>>
She never implied that.
She only said:
Only help others that are willing to help you.
>>
>>3329937
You don't have to respect my arbitrary property rights, but I don't have to respect not putting a bullet through your ass if you choose to disrespect me or my property
>>
File: anotherjewess.png (487KB, 1024x1046px) Image search: [Google]
anotherjewess.png
487KB, 1024x1046px
Stop hurting others
>>
>>3329558
>philosophy is called objectivism
>isn't objective at all

What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>3329688
She is so butthurt about everything, it's hilarious.
>>
File: kropotkin, piotr.jpg (64KB, 433x600px) Image search: [Google]
kropotkin, piotr.jpg
64KB, 433x600px
Start helping others.
>>
File: 1461882509683.png (858KB, 898x768px) Image search: [Google]
1461882509683.png
858KB, 898x768px
>>3329730
>tfw actually read Anthem first
>simplistic black/white story but I liked it
>Atlas Shrugged lying on my desk
>have 2 other books I am reading in the meantime
>seriously consider getting We the Living before starting Atlas Shrugged now
I am a Ron Paul sympathizing, Legend of the Seeker enjoying fag who will not dislike the general ideas behind her stories. Would you still recommend We the Living as a standalone work? Didn't Fountainhead come out like 15 years after Atlas? I am a fag for chronological reading, usually, and I was not really planning on reading ALL of Rand's bibliography.
>inbefore I responded to an ancient pasta
>>
>>3329789
Since the first two were jews I thought the third one was some sort of Einsatzgruppen for a second before noticing his uniform.
>>
>>3332676
Fountainhead was before Atlas Shrugged, Atlas Shrugged was the last piece of fiction she wrote, after that it was all essays about Objectivism
>>
File: kropotkin_jew_anarchism.jpg (572KB, 827x1273px) Image search: [Google]
kropotkin_jew_anarchism.jpg
572KB, 827x1273px
>>3332674
Ok rabbi
>>
>>3332061
"Murder" aside that's what the comic was saying though. Christianity extols self-sacrifice, pointing to what Jesus did as the ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>3329764
>In an environment like that, you can see why she'd rebel and say "no, it is natural for somebody to have their own dreams and desires, it is natural for them to want to do what is best for themselves - fuck you."
Except she went full retard in the opposite direction. That's why everyone hates her.

>>3329771
>She's not against doing nice things for other people if that is what you want to do with your time and resources
Except she says you can do only as a fancy afterthought, and only if it doesn't involve even a tiny amount of self-sacrifice of your time or effort, or if you do directly profit from helping them afterwards.

If you, however, do anything more than that, or allow yourself even a shred of thinking you did a good thing with your charity, you are worse than 12 Hitlers.

Seriously, to give an example from 40k, it's like Lucius the Eternal was the most insane example of Soviet New Man mentality, constantly opposing you in your quest to slay collectivism.
>>
She's an ugly cunt so mad and butthurt ensues just like with ugly virgin men

If you're attractive society works for you
>>
>>3332027

What happens if you don't pay your taxes? Men with guns show up and take it.
>>
>>3329764
>fucking hellhole of the USSR,

USSR was actually pretty ok, except for the war. You shut your mouth please.
>>
Always thought it was weird how one of the most prominent libertarian intellectuals was a woman even though the movement is like 99,9% men.
>>
>>3332750
nah, the IRS sues your ass, and you get into a long trial which may result in you going to jail for tax evasion, but no, the army wont come to put a gun to your head, while they sell your organs for cash, and fuck your wife.

Of course, you have the option to move to about 2 dozen states where taxes are tiny, in a sort of political free market, but "taxation is theft" fags don't have the balls for that.
>>
File: kiketarians.jpg (60KB, 401x482px) Image search: [Google]
kiketarians.jpg
60KB, 401x482px
>>3329558
>>
File: aesthetic Athenian.jpg (88KB, 564x868px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic Athenian.jpg
88KB, 564x868px
>>3332676
As someone who had his raging Randroid phase in college (which promptly melted away when I got a job and encountered the real world) I recommend reading Fountainhead first, Atlas Shrugged second. Her first two novellas are throw-away and derivative.

Fountainhead was objectively a better story, with an actual protagonist and antagonist and a plot which basically makes sense, even if he manages to overturn a destruction of property conviction by going on a politics laced rant while on trial and dazzling everyone with his genius rhetoric so that they conveniently forget that he just dynamited a bunch of condos. But it actually has moments that make you like the characters and root for them and it sports perhaps the only sex scene ever written in a political novel which doesn't make you want to hurl because, you know, it has actual build-up and relevance to the plot. Plus he just fucking rapes that snotty bitch, which is satisfying in and of itself.

Atlas Shrugged is that: the novel, but without the character development which makes Fountainhead an endearing story. It's the story of perfect human beings who encounter every political straw-man you could throw at them and the climax of the novel is a 50 page (not even exaggerating) rant about objectivist politics. It's literature for people who read literature only to have their preconceived notions about society validated: if you agree with Miss Rand you think it's the greatest work of fiction ever put to print, if you disagree then it's just trash writing.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.