[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how terrifying was a Viking raid? Did they spare anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ragnar.jpg (36KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
ragnar.jpg
36KB, 395x395px
Just how terrifying was a Viking raid?

Did they spare anyone? Take prisoners? Or was it just wanton slaughter of men, women and children?

When studying it in school and reading the first hand accounts what always struck me was how vicious they were perceived to be and how they invoked a huge amount of fear wherever they want.
>>
>>3327454

depending what the raid was about, sometimes they would take slaves sometimes they would murderrape everyone, sometimes they just pillaged and left, but they did viscious teatrical things and desecrate churches and what not

same as anyone else raiding in europe at the time
>>
Their sole interest would have been profit, so looting everything they can reasonably carry and taking whoever looks like they'd make a good slave.
>>
File: 1496518432976.jpg (257KB, 634x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1496518432976.jpg
257KB, 634x1043px
>>3327454
they were what muslims in europe are now
>>
>>3327459
the difference is they were allowed in and given welfare checks
>>
File: ubba, vikings vs last kingdom.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ubba, vikings vs last kingdom.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>3327454
>""""""""Vikings"""""""
They made Vikings look like pussies. The only good Vikings in this show are Slavs.

Pic related is a Viking made properly.
>>
>>3327454
>Take prisoners?
Yeah. Prisoners and slaves.
>Did they spare anyone?
Usually the slaves. And prisoners.
>>
>>3327528
Last Kingdom is pretty alright. I was iffy about the warrior Nun and the Pagan love interest being added in and viewed as important in the span of like 2 episodes but it's pretty good.
The [spoiler]killing of Kjartan[/spoiler] felt a bit rushed, too.

Elder Odda did nothing wrong.
>>
>>3327528
>Female soldiers everywhere
>Leather armor
>That fucking nu-male they picked to play Uthred
The Last Kingdom is fucking shit. The books are better.
>>
>>3327641
come on man, it was comfy. Ofc the books are far better, but forget about the books when watching. It's pretty comfy

>>3327561
this
>>
>>3327469
You talking about vikings or muslims?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.