[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most meta ancient book you know of? If any at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471348952087.jpg (12KB, 418x430px) Image search: [Google]
1471348952087.jpg
12KB, 418x430px
What is the most meta ancient book you know of? If any at all? Like, do you know of any ancient book that breaks the 4th wall, or acknowledges it's readers and tries to play with their perception? Maybe like, a historic record that acknowledges that it will be read by very different people, in a very different world, and tries to do something with that?

Just curious.
>>
>>3326328
I know Aristophanes' comedies broke the 4th wall quite frequently
>>
>>3326328
"Lessons of History" maybe, it's quite meta in searching what studying history actually teaches people other than random facts
>>
>>3326341
That sounds like a fun book to both read and write.
>>
>>3326345
it's only about 100 pages, one can read it during a single afternoon.
The authors studied history for 50 years each before writing it and won a pulitzer prize for their work.
Most importantly though they would agree with /pol/ on every issue except for race.
>>
>>3326336
Aristophanes is good, his play Clouds gives a great outside perspective on Socrates and the Sophists.
>>
>>3326328
Tons of Greek plays. The fourth wall didn't really exist back then, it had to be invented.
>>
>>3326328

theres that legend about a book ordered by solomon from a scribe of his, tho solomon messed with demons and shit so the scribe could of been something other than human in some versions, but the story works better if hes just a regular dude, anyway hes ordered to discover the meaning of life and write it down and elaborate in a book, so he goes of and travels for some decades, and finaly he finishes the book, and apparently he goes way way deep down the rabit hole cause anyone who reads the book goes mad and dies

think the name is uskebashi, for some reason hes depicted as riding a white rabit

the egiptian book of the dead, or the book of exiting in daytime or whatever its original name was, is interesting cause its a ascencion by proxy, its written like a script, where the narative is the rising of the individuals self into heaven, but written so that the reader, whos basicaly dead and burried with the book, reads his own part out in the narative, trough evocations and litanies, as if ritualy enacting it, so that basicaly the reader is the protagonist, its written so that whoever reads it affirms and identifies his self as the i am that is god, ascending to heaven
>>
>>3326386
>100 pages
>single afternoon
Fuck off speedreader
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.