[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my culture studying history and discussing history either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1504366422202.jpg (10KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1504366422202.jpg
10KB, 230x219px
In my culture studying history and discussing history either from 100 years ago or 500 years ago is viewed as a problem and there is no benefit to look back at histroy. I have been worried about talking about this on /his/ or even looking at this place for a long time now but this is my first post and I am ready to get back into this as a hobby

Can you tell me if it is a problem to look back at history and I don't mean daily but every few months finding some hole on the internet and reading about a different era?
>>
It is a waste of time to study history between 100 to 500 years ago.

The height of humanity endedicated in the 4th/3rd century bce. Look to the Classics.
>>
>>3325841
Wait why are you worried? Are you living under ISIS or something? Why are you worried about learning about history?
>>
where do you live?
>>
>>3325849
>Look to the Classics.

My friend, I am quite older than most on 4chan and I have studied the classics before and I enjoyed them, oh how I enjoyed reading and discussing this stuff but eventually something happened

I overheard someone talking about me and my hobby being studying histroy is a problem in life and I should not be so interested in looking so far back in the past. I enjoyed this as a hobby for a long time, and have read everything. The issue is I don't know anymore if it is acceptable to be this deep into history. My culture believes it is an issue to reflect this much on history

I'm in the US btw, but my culture is different very different
>>
>>3325880
It doesn't matter where you're from, you're an American now. This is the land of the free and you can study whatever you want. Fuck the haters, a true red blooded American doesn't take shit from anyone.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.