[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of University and Education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: sanskrit.jpg (96KB, 1139x493px) Image search: [Google]
sanskrit.jpg
96KB, 1139x493px
What kinds of things did the first universities teach? Was it mostly all math, language (Latin/Sanskrit/Greek), and ancient history/myth?

Which university is the oldest on earth: University of Bologna in Italy, founded in 1088, or Nalanda University in India, supposedly founded in 500?

How would the world today be like if education/universities weren't burned down by religious fanatics?
i.e., The Nalanda University was burned down around the late 1100s because it didn't have a copy of the Quoran in the library.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/oldest-university-on-earth-is-reborn-after-800-years-2042518.html#gallery
and also, the Library of Alexandria was burned down by the Christians (I think).
>>
>>3322621
>What kinds of things did the first universities teach
Liberal arts, law, theology, medicine.
>Which university is the oldest on earth
Bologna is the first proper university in the modern sense of term. The concept of university itself comes from the Western tradition.
>How would the world today be like if education/universities weren't burned down by religious fanatics
We'd know of more ancient scriptures and authors than we do now. Nothing drastic probably, as Aristotelian thought would most likely still dominate the West.
>>
>What kinds of things did the first universities teach?
Medicine, Law, Theology

> Was it mostly all math, language (Latin/Sanskrit/Greek), and ancient history/myth?
no

>Which university is the oldest on earth: University of Bologna in Italy, founded in 1088, or Nalanda University in India, supposedly founded in 500?
>Which one is the oldest, the oldest one or a newer one?

>How would the world today be like if education/universities weren't burned down by religious fanatics?
less uneducated edgelords shitting up the board everytime someone bothers visiting
>>
>>3322621
>How would the world today be like if education/universities weren't burned down by religious fanatics?
No such thing occurred. Garbage meme pagan texts explaining how to most properly sacrifice a goat accused of homosexuality is not something anybody is missing
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.