[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have protestants ever fought Orthodox christians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1475149887666.png (239KB, 568x653px) Image search: [Google]
1475149887666.png
239KB, 568x653px
>unrelated image.
>>
Yes. The Northern Wars come immediately to mind
>>
>>3322498
>A Protestant Prince becoming Catholic to take over the throne of Poland supported by an Orthodox monarch in conflict with a Protestant monarch
>But it all boils almost entirely down to personalities and relationships with religion largely ignored as two chads fight an autistic asexual war god
>>
>>3322489
No
Christians should not kill christians
>>
Not really. Interactions between Protestants and Orthodox have been extremely limited until quite recently. The early Lutherans held some communication with the Eastern Church that went nowhere. The New Finnish School of Lutheranism attempted to find traces of theosis in Lutheran theology. The OCA in the United States has drawn more than a few Protestant converts, most of whom don't last very long (although some do). There really just isn't much interaction outside of the United States, and perhaps in some historically Orthodox countries like Ukraine, which has vibrant Protestant minorities that nobody listens to.
>>
>>3322489
Sweden vs Russia
The only match were any emphasis was put on religion i would say
>>
I don't think in the name of religion. Countries and peoples themselves, yes, definitely.
>>
>>3324109
How was emphasis put on religion? Got any more information?
>>
>>3322489
Crimean War.

Also conflict between USA and Soviet Union.

>>3322527
prodshits aren't christian
>>
I don't think e621 mods dislike their job.
>>
>>3324501
>Soviet Union
>Orthodox state
>>
>>3324508
individauls in it may have been orthodox

state atheism never really seeps past the upper echelons. Even in China today, most Chinese are unofficially religious, they are just registered as atheist, but still follow traditional culture/beliefs.
>>
>>3324514
Yes but Soviet Union itself was anti-religious, you can't call it an Orthodox state.
>>
>>3324521
OP's question: "have protestants ever fought orhtodox christians"

most soviet citizens and soldiers were probably orthodox christians, regardless of the state.
>>
Americans bombed Serbia. Does that count?
>>
>>3324567
Americans aren't Christians
>>
>>3324497
For one there was sort of ethnic tension between the different finnic groups based on religous grounds. When Sweden took over West Karelia and Ingria they discriminated very heavily against the orthodox groups while they encouraged the lutheran finns to migrate so most of the karelians and ingrians in the area either left for Russia or became lutheran finns.
Then there is also the fact that the swedish army was hugely motivated by religion and it sort of united the different ethnic groups against the enemy, they all fought for a common church against the heretics. These factors were mostly only present during the swedish empire era though.
>>
>>3322489
Well, I believe there weren't many religious wars between Orthodox and Catholics themselves (there were wars between east and west, but religion wasn't the main issue), and there wouldn't be a reason for it to happen between Protestant and Orthodox, since the Reform was no threat to Orthodox hegemony in Eastern European countries.

But, as far as I know, Tsar Peter III of Russia wanted to bring the Reformation to Russia, and this was one of the reasons why he was so unpopular. (Meanwhile his wife, soon to be Tsarina Catherine The Great, openly abandoned her Lutheran faith for Orthodoxy)
>>
WWII, WWI, Crimean War, various Swedish-Russian wars
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.