[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

During Japanese occupation, did Korea's technology improve?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

During Japanese occupation, did Korea's technology improve?
>>
Brothel technology sure did.
>>
>>3322140
also their biological warfare technology
>>
Korea invented everything so no.
>>
File: 환국.jpg (327KB, 819x394px) Image search: [Google]
환국.jpg
327KB, 819x394px
>>3322185
WE WUZ EVERYTHING YOU SAY?
>>
File: carlos.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
Yes, I hear it became a lot more... comfortable
>>
File: 14-01(231).jpg (40KB, 450x278px) Image search: [Google]
14-01(231).jpg
40KB, 450x278px
>>3322135
Korea did see quite a few improvements to standard of living and infrastructure improvements under Japan as did Taiwan, the Pacific mandate and Manchukuo and other Chinese territories but cruelty to subjects was pretty common.
>>
>>3322323
Can I get some sources on the improvements of Korea? Or important aspects of the history of Korea under Japanese occupation?
>>
>>3322135
50 years in the 20th century tends to lead to significant technological change?
Wow!
>>
>>3322323
Korea was already in the process of modernization by the time the Japanese invaded and annexed them though.
>>
>>3322323
>improvements to standard of living
>Manchukuo
>>
>>3322185
Anon that's like saying the people who live in Egypt now built the pyramids.
>>
>>3322334
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_under_Japanese_rule

Quick run down:

Positives
>land reform
>major industrial growth
>increase in literacy
>population growth/health

Keep in mind, Korea was worse than a third world country before this point. Any improvement will appear better than it is (1>2 vs 100>15)

Negatives
>political repression and censorship
>attempted erasure of the Korean culture
>country was basically being looted for the first few years
>>
>>3323443
>attempted
More like successful considering South Korea is basically mini-Japan these days.
>>
>>3322323
Korea during the pre-annexation time period is pretty funny. They actively resisted attempts to modernize. Guys like Kaouri Inoue and Hirobumi Ito wanted to reform it along the same lines as Japan's because they had Pan-Asianist views to try and protect the Orient from the West but the Koreans wouldn't take it and kept going to the Chinese (and then Russians) to try and do something about the Japanese.

Then when they realized they fucked up they actually thought that just declaring their king an emperor would be enough to put them on equal footing with everyone else and proceeded to go through something like twenty-seven prime ministers (or whatever the equivalent was) in seven years.
>>
>>3323443
>>3324444
Alright, I was looking for books but I guess I can just try to use the ones from wikipedia
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.