[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charlemagne was a Gaul/French

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Franks are Gauls.png (859KB, 2250x942px) Image search: [Google]
Franks are Gauls.png
859KB, 2250x942px
Why people often claim that the Franks were Germanic, when they were infact Gauls ?

I mean, it is obvious that they were Gauls sicne they wore Gaulish name like Laniogaisus, and spoke Gaulish language as proved by their Gaulish names.

Even Franks like Charlemagne admited their Gallic Ancestry, quote related :

The Monk of Saint Gall: The Life of Charlemagne

>And his teaching bore such fruit among his pupils that THE MODERN GAULS OR FRANKS came to equal the ancient Romans or Athenians.
>When Julian,whom God hated, was slain in the Persian war by a blow from heaven, not only did the transmarine provinces fall away from the Roman Empire, but also the neighbouring provinces of Pannonia, Noricum, Rhætia, or in other words the Germans and THE FRANKS OR GAULS.
>Then too THE KINGS OF THE FRANKS (OR GAULS) began to decay in power because they had slain Saint Didier, Bishop of Vienna, and had expelled those most holy visitors, Columban and Gall.
>Whereupon the race of the Huns,who had already OFTEN RAVAGED FRANCIA AND AQUITANIA (THAT IS TO SAY THE GAULS AND THE SPAINS)
>>
>>3320514
Carlo il Grande was obviously Italian
>>
>>3320529
No Carolvs Magnvs was obviously Roman(Greek)
>>
>>3320514

>It´s Gaulish and no Roman, I swear!
>>
>>3320536
>Laniogaisus is a Roman name

I dare you to find one (Ethnic) Roman with such mane
>>
>>3320514
Because they originated in Germany and moved west? Sure they were a confederacy to begin with and probably picked up a lot of local blood over the years but from a patrilineal perspective they were German
>>
>>3320544

>Losing at the first round of your own game
>>
>>3320553
they were Dutch* and German
Karel de Grote himself was clearly Dutch/Flemish
>>
>>3320553
>from a patrilineal perspective they were German
>Wore Gallic names
>Called themselves

Pick one, Hans

>>3320560
Flemish and Southern Dutch are Gauls although greatly mongrelized
>>
>>3320602
As they moved west they probably adopted more Gallic blood and culture.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.