[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter Gatherers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: The-Stone-Age.jpg (157KB, 1046x677px) Image search: [Google]
The-Stone-Age.jpg
157KB, 1046x677px
Is it true that hunter-gatherers were the first "affluent society"?

They worked very little to fulfill their needs, and had more leisure time than the average human alive today. What makes their way of life undesirable?

Would you be comfortable with a return to this lifestyle?
>>
>>3317004
>Would you be comfortable with a return to this lifestyle?
No problem. Of course I would regret things like books or far away trips, but I think life would be more tasteful and human relations more interesting.
Ok, I would be bored fast, but's that's only because I'm used to my current lifestyle. I'd like to give a try seriously.
>>
with all of the comforts of today I think nobody (or at a very little amount of people) would really be comfortable with a return to this lifestyle. And to say they worked very little is not an honest image of the society. Sure they didn't sit at desks all day or picked up the trash or whatever. But the survival as a group (the hunting, the gathering, the preperations all year through to get ready for winter, survive it and do it again the year after) is a tremendous example of work (teamwork) co dependence, thinking of your feet, more so than when a client changes there demands last minute or something. They worked just enough to fulfil their needs, but who is to say they didn't have goals. they were already humans so it is likely they were goal orientated in some way. Today we are somewhat blinded of what are real needed is since society is so being and the world is globalised. Need no, is febracted, created in some sense..

the interest you show with this question is nice to see. But when dealing with the past, keep in mind that you should be aware of copy pasting todays society on a society of at least 10.000 years ago that was and remains vastly different.
>>
*thinking on your feet? (quick thinking is what was meant)
>>
>>3317004
You cant have lots of walking monkeys on hunter gatherer lifestyle retard.
>>
File: venus-europe.jpg (60KB, 388x498px) Image search: [Google]
venus-europe.jpg
60KB, 388x498px
>>3317004
Nigga... those fuckers fought all the time for their women hence why only 40% males reproduced, half of the females who did 80% only with complex urbanized societies men began to subdue women, now with the globalized world we'll be able to completely destroy their tyranny once and for all since the 80-40% rule doesn't apply anymore thanks to immense population density (no risk of the "tribe" dying off") and soon enough artificial birth (both with the artificial uterus and soon without)
>>
By this logic all animals on Earth have more leisure time then Man. It's worthless, as the original theory and muh primutivre communism both are. Pleistocene Man may have had more time to fart around then his socially stratified Holocene descendants but it was spend in crippling fear for the future with no food surplus and no guarantee you'll be in the same place or even alive from day to day. Disease, starvation, warfare, and intertribal disputes were the facts of life. Humans don't start romanticizing the 'old ways' until thousands of years into civilization for a reason. It's because the old ways were shit, and if you stuck to them, you were guaranteed extinction. See many H-G warbands around today?
>>
>>3317367
Hello fellow lindyeese.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.