[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post good historical audiobooks itt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
post good historical audiobooks itt
>>
fuck, no replies, I need to audiobook
>>
>>3314784
Unironically anything by Dan Carlin
>>
Most of my audible library is history and humanities related. I try to keep it diverse so the quality varies. All of these are at least worth a look for one reason or another, even if you disagree.

The Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939
World Order
Orientalism
Culture and Imperialism
California: A History
Imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism
On China
Prisoners of Geography
The Revenge of Geography
The Tragedy of Great Power Politics
The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior Is Almost Always Good Politics
Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty
Capital in the Twenty-First Century
Basic Economics
Empire of Things: How We Became a World of Consumers, from the Fifteenth Century to the Twenty-First
The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution
Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy
Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America
The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined
The Thirty Years War
Strategy: A History
Debt - Updated and Expanded: The First 5,000 Years

The Great Courses are generally quite good.
>>
>>3314828
Seconding World Order
>>
A Bridge too far
The Story of Civilization
Hannibal - One Man Against Rome
Rubicon
The Poison King
The Last Battle
The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich
Dreadnought
The Longest Day
Caesar Life of a Colossus
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
The Guns of August
Stalingrad - Beevor
>>
I've heard good things about Guns Germs and Steel
>>
>>3314784

Of all the books I've listened to, "SPQR" and "A World "Undone" have the best narrations. "A World Undone" is narrated by the same guy who was Zaeed in Mass Effect 2. His narrating voice is fucking amazing. I wish he did more history books but he mostly just does mystery novels.
>>
>>3314808
No.

The crusades. Joseph goebbels bio.
The war that ended peace. A world undone. Paris 1919. Inn that order. Habsburg empire. The iron kingdom.
>>
A Land So Strange: The Epic Journey of Cabeza de Vaca

Really comfy and fascinating book about a Conquistador who did some pretty unbelievable shit and spent years living with injuns until they considered him a Christ like healer and messiah. Fantastic narrator that obviously speaks fluent Spanish as well.
>>
>>3314828
>orientalism
Yes
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.