[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he deserve to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Did he deserve to die?
>>
>>3314189
YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
>>
>>3314189
The Republic had lots of problems but more competent leadership.
>>
>>3314189
He did wage illegal war on Rome's clients/allies and killed countless of them.
>>
>>3314189
He was sincerely benevolent to the people of rome, but at the same time made a complete mockery of the senate and democratic nature of the roman government
i mean, he was so into his own idol worship that he made himself into a god for his triumph and named a month of the year after himself
>>
>>3314189
No he did not
>>
>>3314189

YES. DEATH TO ALL TYRANTS. LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC.
>>
>>3314189
He was a tyrant. He may have had many great qualities but he was ultimately a tyrant
>>
>>3314189
yea. fuck tyrants
>>
sic sempir tyrannis
>>
>>3314189
He died so that Rome could have Augustus.
>>
>>3314189
Dying was the best thing that could've happened to him. It cemented all of his beliefs in the eyes of the plebs and paved the way for Augustus to fulfill his ambitions.
>>
>>3314798
>ended meritocracy
>stagnated the empire
>gave all power to the nobility
>morally corrupted the army
>murdered anybody who opposed him
Augustus did many things, but he did not fulfill Julius Caesar's ambitions.
>>
We all deserve to die for our sins. But, thank God, we have the option of salvation through Jesus Christ.
>>
>>3314194
I'm glad this was the first post
>>
Isn't this a bust of Marius?
>>
Guys I'm interested in learning more about the Roman republic, especially the early republic, any book recommendations?
>>
>>3315395

"SPQR" by Mary Beard. "Rome's Last Citizen" by Rob Goodman. "Carthage Must Be Destroyed" by Richard Miles. That's all I got.
>>
>>3315726
Great thanks lad
>>
>>3314189
Fuck the Senate and fuck that cuckold Antony. AUGUSTUS and Caesar not Antony and Brutus ok. Praise Romulus
>>
>>3315726
I would highly suggest not to read SPQR. Also earlier republic isn`t really well documented so don`t except much. If you are interested in late republic i can suggest.

Caesar: Life of a Colossus
Augustus: First Emperor of Rome(optional)
Antony and Cleopatra(optional)
The Fall of Carthage: The Punic Wars 265-146BC
>>
>>3316047
Why would you not recommend SPQR, is it not accurate?
>>
>>3316207
>>3315395
Primary sources e.g plutarch (stop), suetonius etc.

history of rome podcast is rly good.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.