[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Paul in the Bible make his own sins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

Hello! I am actually currently enrolled in Ministry College. There is something I have noticed. Jesus himself, obviously, what he says goes. Like with the sermon on the mount, if he says something is a sin, it is haha. But I feel like many Christians use the letters by Paul in the Bible as something to help make things a sin. Back in Biblical times, Paul thought he would see the return of Christ in his lifetime. With that, many of the things he wrote were written in a form of dos and don'ts. It was urgent to him, basically. But I feel like they use verses from his letters of saying to not do something, when Jesus never said that. Almost as if we have even more rules because of Paul, and I don't recall him being put in a position to make something a sin. Can anyone help give me clarity? Should we take the sins made by Paul with some grains of salt? Obviously he was a man of God and God used him in AMAZING ways. But thing is, he was still just that. A MAN. And man makes mistakes.
>>
>>3313331
You should have picked a better religion. Paul, not Jesus, is the true founder of the religion. His epistles pre-date the Gospels. He was the one who formed the theology, the framework for what sin is and isn't, and why it's important. You start playing pick and choose with Paul's stuff, and very soon you won't have anything left.
>>
File: baal.jpg (530KB, 1301x845px) Image search: [Google]
baal.jpg
530KB, 1301x845px
>>3313331
>Can anyone help give me clarity? Should we take the sins made by Paul with some grains of salt?

You can't handle the depths of the treason against Christ.

Jesus says Moses is a liar - Paul says Elijah was working for God.

> “You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf. Yet you refuse to come to me to have life. I do not accept glory from human beings. But I know that you do not have the love of God in[f] you. I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; if another comes in his own name, you will accept him. How can you believe when you accept glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the one who alone is God? Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; your accuser is Moses, on whom you have set your hope. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But if you do not believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG7VtVr4eFw
>>
File: Fisher of men.jpg (19KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fisher of men.jpg
19KB, 240x300px
>>3313331
Paul, like the other authors of scripture, was writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit who is just as much God as Jesus is. Honestly, I'm surprised someone in "Ministry College" wouldn't already know this. What is the name of your school OP?
>>
>>3314316
>Paul, like the other authors of scripture, was writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit
says who?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 320x320px
>>3313331
"Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers," cor 6:9

Paul didn't make up any new sins but already reiterated what the Old Testament and what Christ taught about sins and morality in his letters to the various bishops in charge of the churches in Asia Minor and Greece
>>
>>3314995
The church.
>>
>>3313360
>Paul, not Jesus, is the true founder of the religion

So much this.
Christianity is basically the religion of Paul. Moreover reading his letters we can say that not all early Christians agreed with him, but at the end of the day Pauline interpretation won.

Not that all his theology is accepted though. Paul like many Christians thought end times were near, but hey, every faggot has an unwarranted self importance to claim he will see apocalpyse with his own eyes, so can't fault the guy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.