[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Franco-Prussian War Tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

I've recently gotten interested in this war due to its uniforms and aesthetic but i can't find any sources on the size of the companies, battalions, etc. I read that the american Company of the 1860s was made up of 8 two platoons with two sections each with two squads each but how did the german and french company look like in those years and how independent were they?
>>
File: chass.jpg (36KB, 281x354px) Image search: [Google]
chass.jpg
36KB, 281x354px
>>3310183
the french had such an ugly uniform
I mean blue and red? they looked so fucking stupid tbqh
Germans had the best uniforms once again
>>
>>3311368
You should see hus 'real' pants anon.
>>
>>3311446
His*
>>
>>3311368
i think some of them looked ok
>>
>>3311368
Les pantalons rouges, c'est la France!

My understanding is that french companies were overly reliant on the officer corps and lacked any real in field innovation. mixed with germanies impressive use of artillery decimated french lines
>>
>>3313124
would you happen to have sources or knowledge on the approximate size and organization of Regiments of that period? The closest i found yet is the American organization during their civil war but i doubt some of the most advanced and well-equiped armies shared regimental similarities to the Americans
>>
>>3313169
me on th right
chilling
>>
>>3311368

>not liking the most aesthetic uniform of the age

wew
>>
>>3311368
>sharing the same board with such poor taste
i bet you think performance>looks
>>
>>3311368
Pickelhaube is literally the worst lookign hat/helmet ever designed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.