[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accusations of Mussolini and Anti-Intellectualism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1487709582379.jpg (46KB, 625x579px) Image search: [Google]
1487709582379.jpg
46KB, 625x579px
Where did the meme that Mussolini was a mere brute, an idiot, come from?

Nearly everyone to whom I've mentioned him thinks of him as such, and defends that he is in a vehement manner. But if you study Mussolini for even a small period of time, one unearths constant evidence that he was well-trained in philosophy, had a good understanding of history, and was evidently very literate and capable of writing, himself. He was in touch with many Fascist intellectuals and defended their right to exist within the State, including characters such as Julius Evola who openly wrote against Italian Fascist policy.

Is it just senseless defamation?
>>
>>3310084

He committed the ultimate sin of being on the losing side of a war.
>>
File: IMG_0286.jpg (98KB, 634x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
98KB, 634x506px
>>3310084
Duce gave off the impression of a strongman, and Propaganda can easily spin that into being a dumb, jaw jutted brute who goes around hitting people with his club. Unless you get the power from heredity, it's hard to see anyone who could become leader of a nation, especially through a massive grassroots movement, to be an idiot. In fact, Mussolini was still trying to keep the peace between Hitler and the Allies up to the day they invaded Poland. While this was only to allow him to come up to speed in the arms race, he still was able to see they wouldn't have as easy of a time as Hitler thought if they went ahead of it in 1939.
>>
>>3310084
Augustus allowed dissent within the early empire, was he not a brute?
>>
>>3310084
I don't doubt his intellectual achievements but he was most certainly a brute. He murdered his own son (Benito Albino Mussolini) for God's sake.
>>
>>3310213
But TRVE ROMANS are allowed to kill their sons if they're being indolent little shits.
>>
>>3310125
Augustus started off pretty close to the crown already, Mussolini was born working class.
>>
>>3310213
Albino died (was medically killed, to be more precise) in a psychiatric hospital in 1942 "after seven years of internment" (i.e. he had been an inmate 1935-1942).
>>
>>3310084
He tried to portray himself as a strongman and a wrestler through his own propaganda. He never really tried to prove himself an intellectual through it though.
>>
>>3310213
>He murdered his own son
You can say he ignored and isolated his son but he didn't personally kill him
>>
>>3310117
No, he committed the ultimate sin of deepthroating the g*rmish cock.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.