[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is the /his/ general consensus that Neville Chamberlain was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: neville.jpg (35KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
neville.jpg
35KB, 480x364px
So is the /his/ general consensus that Neville Chamberlain was really the good one?

Did he practically save Britain by buying time to rebuild their military?

Or are the Churchillians correct?
>>
He just wanted to save Britain from suffering, justified as evidenced by what it suffered from German bombing.

Churchill was a sociopath and his fanboys forget that Chamberlain was one of the most important members of his war cabinet. The retard wanted to send Britain's warships into the Baltics on a sucide mission, and would have had Chamberlain not stopped him.
>>
>>3309869
>Did he practically save Britain by buying time to rebuild their military?
Germany build their military at much faster pace. Delaying only made the inevitable conflict a much, much greater one.
>>
>>3309932
>Germany build their military at much faster pace.
Uh, no they didn't.
>>
>>3309869
>>
>>3309869
Neville was 100% the good guy except for that one time he shot his mouth off.

Churchill would gleefully see a million Englishmen raped to death if it meant an iota more power or a dead Kraut. I blame Churchill for most of the English blunders in WW2 and his part in how things ended up after. He set up a lot of good people in bad situations. He killed the empire.
>>
>>3309869
Neville Chamberlain had good intentions, but he let those intentions cloud his mind. No one except Hitler wanted war, and they were looking to keep it that way by appeasing him. It had been some years since Versailles, and even Chamberlain thought, okay some of these areas were not rightfully taken from Germany, go right ahead Hitler, but don't be a dick about it. I cannot stress how much he wanted to avoid war. While the blood was already written out by Hitler, many didn't think he was serious. World War I scarred Europe, they didn't call the soldiers that went and fought a lost generation for nothing. The profound impact led to a sort of proto "never again" attitude that prevailed until Chamberlain finally realized Hitler wasn't just going to stop at Czechoslovakia. Not even Hitler thought Britain would go to war over Poland due to that attitude.

>>3309927
Don't forget his seething mouth after the war to march straight into the USSR and fight them.
>>
>>3309964
What did British do, that it had beaten Htiler's acquisition of Austrian and Czechoslovak land?
>>
>>3309964
Considering that Germany had zero military when Hitler came to power and built from scratch, they kind of did.
>>
File: churchill thompson machine gun.jpg (112KB, 634x818px) Image search: [Google]
churchill thompson machine gun.jpg
112KB, 634x818px
>>3309869

Chamberlain was a naive moron. He thought he could make a deal with the Devil and that the Devil would uphold his end of the bargain.

Churchill for all his flaws saw the kind of person Hitler truly was. Arguably because he shared some of Hitler's personality traits, but not nearly to the same extreme.
>>
>>3312087
>naive moron
>immediately ramped up air force power after visiting Germany and secretly moving towards securing war resources

You fell for an old meme. Chamberlain wants peace but he did everything within his power to prepare for the worst. Any more and he would have been ousted.
>>
>>3309869
>Was Chamberlain the good guy
Yes, he tried his best and ensure peace and did genuinely believe letting Hitler get away with things would prevent conflict. He was naive and ultimately wrong but meant well.
>>
No one except Hitler wanted another world war. Passchendaele traumatized an entire generation of British like Verdun did for the French. I can understand why Chamberlain would want to keep another Passchendaele from happening.
>>
File: oy vey jew bankers.jpg (25KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
oy vey jew bankers.jpg
25KB, 352x224px
>>3309869
They always vilify him because he wanted to deescalate. He wasn't a war mongerer like the fat pig.
>>
>>3313499
Churchill spent the entire 30s agitating for war
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.