[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was 30 Years war so long and violent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 14-Batalla_de_rocroi-610x376.jpg (106KB, 610x376px) Image search: [Google]
14-Batalla_de_rocroi-610x376.jpg
106KB, 610x376px
Why didnt they tried to stop it?
Also, why did Bavaria fought all the time unlike every single country besides the Emperor?
>>
>>3308768
Every time the Emperor defeated a rebel, a new rebel or foreign power joined the war. The Emperor won the first few wars, defeating the Palatinate, Bohemian Rebels, and Danish rebels, but once France started funding the Sw*dish invasion, there was no way it was going to win.

Bavaria decided that placing itself as the champion of the Catholic faction would bring it prestige and make it the most important duchy after Austria, as well as diminish Austria's influence. When this didn't really work out, it started more directly opposing Austria in the late 17th and 18th centuries by allying openly with France instead.
>>
>>3308768
The Emperor did not realize the times were changing, the anti-habsberg alliance were saved by Sweden and latter by French assistance.
>>
File: charles dance vs eddie murphy.jpg (15KB, 348x255px) Image search: [Google]
charles dance vs eddie murphy.jpg
15KB, 348x255px
>>3308768
>Why didnt they tried to stop it?
Because like WWI, neither side wanted to back down. The war was presented as a giant match between the religion but it actually boiled down to one questions: Who runs the HRE?
France had vested interest that the smaller states bickered and the Emperor had no real power. also fuck the Habsburgs, if you're french.

>Also, why did Bavaria fought all the time unlike every single country besides the Emperor?
They weanted to be the cool kid.
>>
Saying they didn't try to stop it is rather misleading. The first few rounds were stopped by the complete defeat of the rebels. And the last half decade of the war was low level conflict as both sides tried to avoid big losses while they negotiated a settlement.
>>
>>3308768
Its like Syria. Too many important powers had their hand on a different faction and none of them wanted to lose
>>
>>3308768
Did they themselves call it the 30 years war? I've heard a lot of talk that in the far future the two world wars will just be considered the same war, now I always feel like wars like the 100 years war probably was something similar for people then
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.