[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historically why did alcohol only catch on with wh*te devils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (153KB, 720x696px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
153KB, 720x696px
Historically why did alcohol only catch on with wh*te devils and not other populations? With the expection of the muslim world, I don't understand.
>>
Besides water and tea beer is the most popular drink in the world
>>
>>3308288
Probably has something to do with it being expensive or hard to make for other cultures. I'm just guessing, but in China and Japan I'm assuming only nobles and rich people ever really drank much.
>>
>>3308288

Cause you got your info from shitty sources.
>>
>>3308288
Other races are too pussy to handle it. Asians literally cannot oxidize acetaldehyde, they just have shit genes.
>>
>>3308288
>using the word "vodka" for any generic kind of spirit
I can already tell that map was created by a retard.
>>
>>3308294
we prefer peyote and yage, it´s a much better kick
>>
>>3308288

>Historically why did alcohol only catch on with wh*te devils and not other populations

The fuck you talking about?

Before Islam the Middle East and North Africa invented beer and wine making.

The Chinese made beer and later adopted wine techniques they picked up from the ME.

Japan is known for sake.

People have been drinking for millennia. Some anthropologists even suggest that alcohol and alcohol production contributed to the creation of civilization.

Shit, even the indigenous Americans were fermenting and drinking chicha.
>>
>>3308335
/thread, everyone below me is a retard
>>
>>3308335
Wine started in Georgia, you could argue whether they are European or not.
>>
>>3308288
Alcohol might be forbidden in the Koran but most Muslims still drank alcohol. Raki is a turkish national drink.
>>
>>3308343

>Wine started in Georgia, you could argue whether they are European or not.

My bad, I tend to group the Caucasus in with the Middle East but I know that's incorrect.

Apparently the Chinese were making grape-based wines in the same time period but it seems like rice wine became more popular as using grapes to make wine was reintroduced later through trade.
>>
>>3308288
>Vodka Europe
>Denmark
Wrong.
>>
>>3308335
even Australian Abos did it
>>
File: 606.jpg (140KB, 1279x960px) Image search: [Google]
606.jpg
140KB, 1279x960px
>>3308335
Came here to post this. Alcohol is the bedrock of civilization and can be found everywhere.
>>
>>3309384
Snaps is basically vodka, though, it was drunk daily, usually at every meal. And now we drink Vodka instead of snaps, but only till we pass out.
>>
Also worth considering other drugs, not just alcohol.

Native Americans had alcoholic beverages prior to European contact, but also hallucinogens. Indians, and people in modern day Afghanistan were reported as smoking weed in Herodotus. Etc.
>>
>>3308343
Could have been central Anatolia as wellI thought. I've heard the Capadocia region called the worlds oldest continuously used wine region.
>>
>>3308388
The caucasus has generally more in common with the middle east. Only the russian caucasus is mostly european.
>>
>>3309474
What does that even mean though? What exactly do Yemenis and Georgians culturally have in common that Georgians have less of with Russians?

Even if you consider the Caucasus part of the the 'Middle East', that area can easily be subdivided too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.