[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Converting to Catholicism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Saint_Joan_of_Arc.jpg (91KB, 450x603px) Image search: [Google]
Saint_Joan_of_Arc.jpg
91KB, 450x603px
I'm not sure if this is the right board but I am looking for advice. I was born a Roman Catholic and baptised, but was never involved with the church. I have been agnostic for at least 6 years now, but after reading about Joan of Arc I was inspired to give it another try. How should I go about converting? Like I said I have already been baptised, but is there a process to officially join the church?
>>
>>3305585
look up RCIA and call up a local church. good call op i need to do the same.
>>
>converting to the worst and most cucked christian sect

I hope you like being around mexicans op
>>
>>3305585
You don't even have to go to church, just pray everyday and be a good person.
>>
>>3305585
Find a latin mass parish near you
http://latinmassdir.org.
As long as you're baptized you can come back and be reconciled to the church anytime you want.
>>
>>3305585
>A woman inspiring Christians to kill eachother for political power of their Christian rulers inspired me to give another try
Catholic autism never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>3305585
So you're catholic and you want to convert to catholicism?
>>
>>3306130
>believes that some folk in France represent all of catholicism

Are you stupid on purpose?
>>
Go to a Catholic church in your area, ask for the priest, tell him to give you 10 minute of his time, he will give 2 hours if needed
Tell him your story, your relationship with God and he will answer all your questions regarding the faith, don't be scared, they have an answer for everything
>>
>>3305585
If you're converting for "muh European traditions! Muh cathedrals! Muh crusades! Muh monarchy!" then don't convert. That is all gone and in the past, plus all of that stuff has little to nothing to actually do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you want to find Jesus then start praying and developing a humble heart. If you just want something traditional, hierarchical, and European to latch yourself onto, then become a pagan.
>>
>>3305585
>I'm not sure if this is the right board

It is not
>>
>>3307979
pretty much this

Or just forget about it and live your life.
>>
>>3305585
did you ever have your first confession and communion? if not you'll need to do that and for adults they're typically required to complete an educational course called RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.) contact your local parish office to see if/when they offer the courses.
>>
>>3308143
then what is the board for religious discussion?
>>
>>3309229
>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>
>>3305585
>but after reading about Joan of Arc
why are so many atheist/agnostic/whatever converts such posers?
>>
File: 1498755391651.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1498755391651.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>3305585
Read the Catechism instead of the Bible, but listen to Bible passages in church, where the priest can explain if for you in the context of the modern day. Otherwise, you'll end up a fucking heretic. Also, go to Confession regularly. Once you've got all that going on, you can be Confirmed as a member of the Church. Look up the rules for First Communion. Actually, just look up all the sacraments, the seven deadly sins, and the difference between mortal sins and venial sins. Not sure about the Ten Commandments, but I'm sure they explain it in the Catechism.

I went to Catholic school for most of my pre-college education, but was never confirmed. Fuck all that learning and stupid reading; I'm an atheist anyway.
>>
>>3305585
By being baptised you already ARE a Roman Catholic and figure in the Church's records. Just find a Catholic church near your home and become a regular at Sunday Mass. Inquire about first communion (if you haven't done it) and/or Confirmation with the local priest.
>>
>>3305585
I can relate to this in that it was the stories of St.Peter, John the apostle, and the biography and theology of St.Augustine that convinced me to convert and to genuinely begin believing.
You should contact your nearest parish and ask to partake in RCIA if you have never received first communion (I will warn you, RCIA is either a really good experience with an intelligent priest teaching your class things you never knew or some random parish member who's only going to teach you the most basic shit). Read up a lot more on the saints, particularly the mystics, and don't shy away from Orthodox theological writings as well in that they also have a lot to offer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.