[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop doing good works.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 10

File: 1529MartinLuther.jpg (282KB, 971x977px) Image search: [Google]
1529MartinLuther.jpg
282KB, 971x977px
Stop doing good works.
>>
>implying that our faith is solid by not doing works that pleases God.
>>
>>3305592
FPBP
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>3305452
Without indulgences there would be no amazingly huge and beautiful cathedrals. Protestants are the most autistic of the Christian denominations.
>>
File: Christ-killing-monster-jew1.jpg (150KB, 966x716px) Image search: [Google]
Christ-killing-monster-jew1.jpg
150KB, 966x716px
>>3305689
>muh temples
>muh fancy headgear
>muh simony
i wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
File: 1502062106880.jpg (59KB, 806x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502062106880.jpg
59KB, 806x640px
>>3305704
>He says, playing on his iPad, while the preacher screams from his MegaChurch's stage
>>
File: Urbana.jpg (21KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
Urbana.jpg
21KB, 300x251px
>>3305765
>What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops.
>>
File: luther2.jpg (53KB, 353x600px) Image search: [Google]
luther2.jpg
53KB, 353x600px
>>3305452
"Truly, if faith is there, he cannot hold back; he proves himself, breaks out into good works, confesses and teaches this gospel before the people, and stakes his life on it."

"Works are necessary to salvation, but they do not cause salvation, because faith alone gives life. On account of the hypocrites we must say that good works are necessary to salvation. It is necessary to work. Nevertheless, it does not follow that works save on that account, unless we understand necessity very clearly as the necessity that there must be an inward and outward salvation or righteousness."
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 750x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 750x675px
>>3305452
Start creating your own religion
>>
Why did Augustine make the fatal mistake implying we bare Adam's guilt in original sin when there's no solid exegesis for it.
>>
File: IMG_0640.png (547KB, 500x2447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0640.png
547KB, 500x2447px
>>
File: 220px-Philipp-Melanchthon-1537.jpg (21KB, 220x336px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Philipp-Melanchthon-1537.jpg
21KB, 220x336px
>>3305452
Marty, youre drunk again. Why dont you give me the quill and let me debate the papists instead...

>Article XX: Of Good Works.

>Our teachers are falsely accused of forbidding Good Works. 2] For their published writings on the Ten Commandments, and others of like import, bear witness that they have taught to good purpose concerning all estates and duties of life, as to what estates of life and what works in every calling be pleasing to God

>[...]Furthermore, it is taught on our part that it is necessary to do good works, not that we should trust to merit grace by them, but because it is the will of God. 28] It is only by faith that forgiveness of sins is apprehended, and that, for nothing. 29] And because through faith the Holy Ghost is received, hearts are renewed and endowed with new affections, so as to be able to bring forth good works.
>>
>>3306065
>its a "Luther literally calls for a genocide of the jews, and for them to be driven out of germany, their synagogues to be burned down, and all their goods confiscated " episode
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.