[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain North Korea to me? Is really that bad or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 35

Can someone explain North Korea to me? Is really that bad or is just another american bullshit?
>>
>>3304283
Definitly a bit of both. The media makes this boogeyman of it and scares how scary and bad """communism""" is, it's still not a nice place to live though, poor as fuck and ran by a dictator that doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>3304530
This. The "whackiness" of the place is a media exagerration. In reality it's not much more than an economically underdeveloped police state. I think it wouldn't receive the amount of attention it does if it wasn't for the enormous contrast between it and Japan and South Korea
>>
>>3304530
>>3304539
>American media is responsible for North Korea being the shit hole it actually is.
No.
>>
>>3304283
The official religion, Juche, is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>3304539
The saddest part is that rather than attempt to correct the misinformation and try to defend their ideology, they play into it because it boosts tourism. I mean what does that tell you about our society?
>>3304547
Do you have no reading comprehension?
>>
>>3304548
>The official religion
It's not a religion retard, it's "the official state ideology"
>>
>>3304283
>it's still not a nice place to live though
Aside "poverty", which is debatable (ithere is poverty everywhere), what makes this country a bad place to live? From what I see there's no road traffic, no ads everywhere, no gypsies, and so on... Seems good to me.
>>
>>3304562
I mean memes aside if you replaced asians with whites and rebrand it a bit /pol/ would support it.
>>
Posting in a teenager thread.
>>
>>3304562
That almost sounds like you're complaining about your country there, anon.
>>
>>3304283
North Korea is an old, sick dog that no one wants to adopt. It's in the best interest of everyone involved that North Korea stay an isolated shithole. Everyone except North Korea, of course.
>>
>>3304283
What makes North Korea bad is a combination of an overly aggressive police state controlling everything / isolating their citizens from the rest of the world and their complete inability to take care of the basic needs of these same people they're tyrannically controlling. If it was one or the other they might be OK, but it's both.
>>
>>3304552
Do you?
>>
>>3304571
Not really complaining, but comparing yes.
I always wondered why everyone says "boo this country is shit" while all I see looks better than where I live...
>>
>>3304562
their south korean counterparts are on average a few inches taller which indicates lack of nutrition, I doubt the videos of kids starving in the fields are media propaganda. Also only some families have things we take for granted like computers, and access to the world wide web.
>>
File: kim_goes_to_cafeteria.jpg (122KB, 600x1034px) Image search: [Google]
kim_goes_to_cafeteria.jpg
122KB, 600x1034px
>>3304283
This image is north korea in a nutshell
>>
>>3304609
>their south korean counterparts are on average a few inches taller which indicates lack of nutrition
Their life expectancy would be a better indicator, the size is mostly due to what you eat, not how much you eat.

>the videos of kids starving in the fields
I honestly didn't see that. Link?

>computers, and access to the world wide web
I'm old enough to remember the life without computer. I don't see how it could be considered bad to not have them.
>>
>>3304609
>inches
Fuck off
>I doubt the videos of kids starving in the fields are media propaganda
Post those videos then.
>Also only some families have things we take for granted like computers, and access to the world wide web.
Guess what, that's the case for most of the world's population. Of course an American wouldn't realise that.
>>
>>3304609
>things we take for granted like computers, and access to the world wide web
You do NOT put a comma before "and" you RETARD!
>>
>>3304661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzTC31JA7DY
>>
>>3304600
Nope, sounds like complaining still. Enjoy your time in the gulag you treasonous piece of shit.
>>
>>3304677
It's totally valid to use a comma before and brainlette
>>
>>3304678
Ah yes, homeless people don't exist elsewhere.
If you run to another country without a citizenship, a job or any sort of plan this will happen, how is this NKorea's fault? If anything it shows how SKorea fails to tackle the homeless problem.
>>
>>3304562
>Criticize the government and you die
>Frequent famines
>Mandatory military service
>Incredibly limited media, foreign imports are banned and if you are caught with them you go to the gulag
>Literal concentration camps containing over a million people (under a 3-generation rule so if your grandad talked shit about the government I hope you enjoy spending your entire life there)
>Grossly unequal distribution of wealth
>Can't leave the country or travel internally without permission
>Low standard of living even if you're a loyal citizen
>Technological decline and stagnation
>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc unless you are part of the elite
>The elite is constantly subject to arbitrary purges
>Huge meth problem due to widespread availability
>12 hour+ work days with almost no days off (everyone "volunteers" to work through them)
B-b-b-but there are no niggers haha I wish I could be a literal slave ;^DDDDD
>>
File: 1406102.jpg (152KB, 547x400px) Image search: [Google]
1406102.jpg
152KB, 547x400px
>>3304283
It's bad because of American bullshit. They relied on the USSR and PRC but always strived to be autarkic, after the USSR fell and Deng Xiaoping reformed China the state lost all of it's foreign backers. The US imposed sanctions on them just to spite them as a former Soviet ally. If they agreed to have a Mcdonalds in Pyongyang like Cuba and Vietnam they'd be best friends now.

It should be noted, the South Koreans stepped in to help them at this point, or at least, tried to. The US stopped that. Pic related is Kim Jong Il meeting the South Korean president before the US told them to stop being friends.

So now Norks have zero allies, and the US is actively getting the South to hate them. So what do they do? They start researching nukes, because it looks like the US is going to go to war with them. They left the treaty of non proliferation on nukes in 2003. The same year the US invaded Iraq and deposed it's leader. For most of it's existence the norks didn't even pursue nukes, but after the US started "le war on terrorism" and named every country it happened to dislike part of the "axis of evil" they tried to get nukes to defend themselves.

And now "The North Koreans are attacking again!", no. President Trump has promised to bring about hellfire like you wouldn't believe, promised to fuck them up, essentially. This is them saying they're perfectly capable of nuking Tokyo if Trump tries anything. They're showing that it's not wise to try to destroy them, they won't go down without a fight.

And before anyone says "waah if you like norks so much go back you fucking commie!", nah. Their domestic policy is entirely seperate to this, I'm just explaining their foreign policy.

Having said that, the US has hard labour, the US has executions for crimes, the constitution even bans slavery "except as punishment for a crime", you can argue for and against the death penalty and hard labour all you want, but you can't say they're not the same as the US.
>>
>>3304708
> how is this NKorea's fault? If anything it shows how SKorea fails to tackle the homeless problem.
I'm not sure I understand. This was filmed inside North Korea.
>>
>>3304737
Was it?
>>
>>3304708
Wow man, is Kim your boyfriend? North korea could be better if they go full Deng Xiaoping, but they (or I mean he) still embrace that autistic juche ideology.
>>
>>3304688
>treasonous
Calm down Park Sung Ping, I'm not a gook, I don't care about your political compulsion.

>>3304678
They have gypsies too? fug
I mean, I expected something else, I heard about a famine in the 90s, this is just your random homeless.
>>
>>3304735
>Usa is literally North Korea

hahahahahahha
>>
>>3304755
I never said that, captain burger, I said the US has executions as punishment for crime and hard labour. What the hell do you think chain gangs are?

I'm just saying the "political concentration labour camps" are simply prisons with hard labour, like the US has.
>>
>>3304727
>Huge meth problem due to widespread availability
SIGN ME UP!
>>
>>3304283
Theme thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umO1Sl8HApE
>>
>>3304764
Dude I don't even american, besides those "political concentration labour camps" have also not only prisoners but their families too, you now, just like america.
>>
>>3304539
>The "whackiness" of the place is a media exagerration.
The whackiness comes from there retarded propaganda
>>
File: North_korea_ancap_paradise.png (126KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
North_korea_ancap_paradise.png
126KB, 500x663px
>>3304727
>>3304767
kek
>>
>>3304727
>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc unless you are part of the elite
>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc
>3rd world tier provision
>3rd world tier
>3rd world
ughm... ...sweaty..?
>>
>>3304794
So North Korea is marked green for third world. What are you saying?
>>
File: 1430690437797.png (71KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1430690437797.png
71KB, 1600x800px
>>3304784
>le whole family is arrested meme
The sole claim for that is one guy who literally admitted to lying.
>In his official biography Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden, Shin Dong-hyuk claimed that he was born in the camp and lived there until escaping in his early twenties. In 2015, Shin recanted some of this story.[14] Shin told Harden that he had changed some dates and locations and incorporated some "fictive elements" into his account. Harden outlined these revisions in a new foreword, but did not revise the entire book.
>>
>>3304810
That it is a third world country, it never claimed to have first world standards for anything because it's never been or claimed to be a first world nation.
>>
>>3304819
So that in combination with other factors makes it a pretty shitty place to live. At least if I was living in Sierra Leone I would have the choice to leave the country.
>>
File: 1493002344188.jpg (122KB, 585x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493002344188.jpg
122KB, 585x800px
Korea was almost unified in 1950 before the UN invaded for no reason.
>>
>>3304850
No one ever claimed it was a good place to live, no one wants to live in the third world.
>>
>>3304815

Man that is /pol/ tier of denial

>Prisoners are mostly people who criticized the government,[1]:131–132 people deemed politically unreliable (such as South Korean prisoners of war, Christians, returnees from Japan)[13] or purged senior party members.[1]:134–136 Based on the guilt-by-association principle (Korean: 연좌제, yeonjwaje) they are often imprisoned together with the whole family including children and the elderly, and including any children born in the camp.[10] All prisoners are detained until they die; they are never released.[1]:187–188

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoeryong_concentration_camp#cite_note-nkdb-1

But not worry. If this and literally any source is propaganda for you, you can continue defending that authoritarian shithole as long as you can, I don't give a shit what you say either.
>>
>>3304727
-rebellion is severely punished almost everywhere
-happened once
-pretty common until recently, countries that don't have it seriously think to implement it
-true, wrong, fake
-fake
-lol, welcome on this planet
-true
-lol again, it's like that everywhere
-don't know
-don't know
-now this should be mandatory
-cool!
-yeah this is Asia, have you seen the office drones in SK?
>>
>>3304883
>Lame troll
>>
>>3304881
>the source is the commitee for human rights in north korea
>THEIR source is shin don-hyuk
Bravo, western yankee pig dog wypipo.
>>
>>3304539
>I think it wouldn't receive the amount of attention it does if it wasn't for the enormous contrast between it and Japan and South Korea

That and the fact that they have nukes.
>>
>>3304889
>lame post
>>
>>3304897
>shin don-hyuk

I supose you have a reason to hate this guy, don't you?
>>
>>3304918
See>>3304815
He literally lied about it, how many more of these memes are made up bullshit by paid off "defectors"?
>>
>>3304562
t. Kim Jung Il
>>
>>3304794
>>3304819
Huh, I always thought it was 2nd world for some reason. You're right though

>>3304883
Sad!
>>
>>3304539
Exaggerations they themselves love to play up
>>
>>3304562
t. DPRKIDF
>>
>>3304646
I really hope us creating this meme didn't cause that man to be killed.
>>
>this people redpilled about the media bullshit

I love that board.
>>
>>3304924
>paid off "defectors"?

so you think that man (and every defector) put his life in risk and his family to tell lies about your shitty regime for profit, in your logic any defector is a deniable source, so I guess we need to conform with the often contradictory and biased official report of kim regime, right?
>>
File: Kim_easy_with_the_lard.jpg (66KB, 670x418px) Image search: [Google]
Kim_easy_with_the_lard.jpg
66KB, 670x418px
>>3304952
>>
>>3304962
Lad, he HIMSELF said he added "fictive elements" into his book. Nobody else is saying this, he himself said it.
>>
>>3304283
It's gone up and down. The worst period was during the 1990s after the fall of the Soviet Union. It is during this time that most defections occur. The standard of living has been much lower than any neighboring country for some time and the people are well aware of this, but the regime has enough control and is able to provide enough basic needs to prevent widespread disorder.
>>
>>3304965
>Shin explained he did not tell the full story because he wished to hide "that my mother and brother were executed because of my report," saying "the most important reason why I could not reveal all of the truth was because of my family." He went on to say "All I did until last September was discuss the camps as they were, but once the video was released [of his father], the nastiness of North Korea infuriated me. Then I realized I should not hold anything back."[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Dong-hyuk
>>
>>3304973
Lad, "fictive elements" do not equal "kept stuff out", saying dragons exist is ficticious, not saying dogs exist is keeping stuff out. He added fake stuff.
>>
>>3304981
>He added fake stuff.

Like what based anon
>>
>>3304996
mufuggin entire family mufuggin third cousin twice removed dp'd by a pair of hungarian acrobats
>>
>>3304672
Stay mad faggot
>>
>>3304530
>Communism is good, REAL communism just hasn't been tried yet!
>>
File: pedo_kim.jpg (288KB, 1114x800px) Image search: [Google]
pedo_kim.jpg
288KB, 1114x800px
>>3305010
Hmm.. seem like Kim regime is really very fair after all, you convince me based anon, glory to kim and Juche.

[One North Korean won have been deposited in your account]
>>
>>3305034
wtf i love invading sovereign countries to fund our military industrial complex now
>>
File: Ghost_korea.jpg (261KB, 964x644px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_korea.jpg
261KB, 964x644px
>>3305039
>implying I care

Keep memeing, meme man
>>
>>3305039
>America turns country into fuckpuppet
>it turns out okay
>country is devoid of American influence
>it turns out shit

MUH SOVEREIGNTY
>>
File: C4sv0cuUMAAOGmY.jpg (83KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
C4sv0cuUMAAOGmY.jpg
83KB, 612x816px
>>3305048
Thank fuck our media don't lie to us.
>>
>>3304539
This as well.
North Korea is a horrendous dictatorship but the regime hasn't managed to suck away their humanity. North Koreans laugh, they play, they have kids, they have dreams and aspirations like everyone else. Its a hostage crisis run by evil men at the top who aren't crazy or irrational, just evil and tyrannical.
>>
>>3305034
You can't say these kids look unhappy seriously.
*long live the Juche*
>>
>>3305076
I know I enjoy my snow coffee.
>>
>>3304567
Not really......
"Reactionary racism and national chauvinism which were used by the imperialists as ideological instruments of aggression and domination have been rejected by progressive humanity... Our nation-first idea which is thoroughly opposed to reactionary racism, national chauvinism and cosmopolitanism not only values the the good traits of different nations but also respects the independence of other nations.

The excellence of our nation that we emphasise has nothing in common with with racism or national chauvinism. We do not assert that Korean's biological constitution is more developed than those of other races. Defining the superiority of a nation according to biological or ethnic characeristics is the practice of reactionary bourgeois 'ethnology".
-Kim Il Sung, 1989 "Let Us Highly Display the Korean-Nation First Spirit"
>>
It was doing ok when the soviets were still around because they got direct funding, but once that collapsed everything went to hell much like Mongolia, except Mongolia also isn't run by a dictatorship so it's just poor instead of poor and all the other problems.

Something you have to understand that the people there are not brainwashed like the media likes you to believe. They're hostages, of course they say they believe this stuff when on camera because they know what'll happen if they dont't.
>>
>>3305076
Source? If not you are full of shit.
>>
>>3304562
>no roads
>no cars
>no money to build roads or buy cars
>state wouldn't even allow these things if they were possible
>hurr look no road traffic
>>
>>3305076
>the source of the image is a blog

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/the-north-korea-is-dark-at-night-lie/
>>
>>3305076
>A photo taken from space and showing a pitch black North Korea next to a brightly lit South Korea is one of the most famous images of the country. And the country’s ruling regime has responded to the picture, hitting out at critics of the state.
>An editorial in the state-run newspaper, the Rodong Sinmun, claims that the country is not weakened by its lack of electricity and that other countries could soon find themselves in the same situation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-its-not-a-problem-that-country-goes-dark-at-night-10033200.html
>>
Americans just can't handle that the hamburger was invented by Kim Jong-Il
>>
File: im_sorry_did_my_balls_mugs.jpg (60KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
im_sorry_did_my_balls_mugs.jpg
60KB, 750x750px
>>3305099
>nork video shows westerners like "snow coffeee" and shooting each other for fun
What are iced coffeee and paintball?
>>
>>3305135
Is that blog legit? Is that North Korea looks like a night? Is it bullshit?
>>
>>3305039
That is such a false black and white dichotomy. You can oppose American imperialism and the MIC and still oppose North Korea and its shithole country. I don't support invading the DPRK btw.
>>
>>3305157
It's apparently admitting that North Korea has national blackouts, but arguing that they don't occur every single night. This is based on one undated image.
>>
>>3305131
>>no roads
>>no cars
I saw a video of someone driving in Pyongyang. There are roads and cars.
>>
>>3305191
Which image? The common meme pic we see or the image from that "blog"? Either way is it bullshit?
>>
>>3305157
well I don't like ad hominems but I would have my doubts when the author blog is a literal member of Communist Party USA and auto nominated revolutionary and "Liberal race realist".
>>
>>3305181
I view them as a victim of circumstance. They're a third world country with a single nominal ally (who recently stopped 75% of their coal imports, North Korea's largest exported good), are being sanctioned to shit by the entire world ever since the end of the cold war, and now started a nuke program to defend themselves after the US invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. Since they started that the US has also invaded Libya, is actively deploying their military to Syria, it constantly sabre rattling with Iran, how the hell else are they supposed to run their country? People say "muh chinese style reforms", but the PRC was only able to do that after it had gained international recognition and friends like Nixon, North Koreans have been isolated by the entire world. And before you say "it's their own fault", no, it isn't, they didn't pursue nukes or missles until the US needlessly invaded Iraq for oil.

I can guarantee had coal been anywhere near as valuable as oil they'd have got "freedomed" in the early noughties.
>>
>>3305226
I had recently read any article about Russia possibly replacing North Korea as their main ally. I think that's very unlikely because Russia's geopolitical interest with Korea is "Don't fuck up the status quo" and the fact that while its possible they are secretly pro-DPRK, they are out in the open annoyed with Pyongyang's nuclear weapons so I don't know what's going to happen with that. Moscow and Beijing ideologically hasn't been able to influence North Korea in anyway for decades now.
>>
>>3304677
>can't into oxford comma
>>
>>3305242
Yeah, that doesn't sound at all plausible for the reason you've listed. Who wrote this article? Was it by some guardian armchair geopolitical analyst?
>>
>>3304562
On your birthday the state gives you a bowl of white rice. That's a treat there.
>>
>>3305293
>get a single bowl of rice for your birthday
If this were anywhere near true they'd all be dead, every single one of them. You can't survive on a bowl of rice a year. What do you think they eat when it's not their birthday? Lead? Asbestos?
>>
>>3305283
>"Washington Post"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/07/26/why-is-putin-backing-north-korea-to-build-up-russia-as-a-great-power/
>>
>>3304771
Thats beautiful
>>3305034
>>3304283
The North Korean art / propaganda seems very interesting to me. I hope it can be preserved and studied in the future
>>
>>3304530
>doesn't give a shit
Erm, you don't know the differences between dictators lad. Nork dictators actally give a shit about the country and spend their whole day running it. They're not your typical Arab/African doughface who has billions in foreign bank accounts, sits ass in palaces all day and is ready to floor the country at any moment.
>>
>>3305221
>>3305293
>>3305181
>>3305026
>>3304530
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You believe the MSM bullshit on North Korea?!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
My sides!!!!
Yeah lets demonize a country that doesn't have a Rothschild central bank and a country with balls to stand up against the NWO and America. How evil!!!!!! oooooh socialism is sooooo bad guise because muh freedumbs and muh market.
>>
>>3304548
>Juche
Not a religion, autist. It's a political ideology, a shitty one at that.
>>3304562
Do you want to fucking starve? do you want your freedom of speech to disappear? do you want to be cut off from the outside world? chances are not.

Anyways, North Korea is what it is today becuase it ended on the wrong side of the coin. The day the USSR collapsed US & friends started isolating and crawling up on remaining "socialist" (or more appropriately, red-flag-waving/American haing states). Before the collapse North Korea was a superstate and miles ahead of South Korea. 3 years after the USSR fell North Korea started suffering chronic famines, that's how brutal the US economical/sanction siege is on North Korea.

It's also inappropriate and retarded and very autistic of you to refer to North Korea as socialist or communist (especially communist, if anyone EVER calls ANY country communist than they have no idea what are any of the core bullet points of communism, literally). It's a total monarchy masquerading as a democratic socialist republic. Otherwise communism has never existed in a state in history, only derivatives/roots of socialism and so on. Communism is a whole new level of socialism that's only possible to implement in a huge, global "state"
>>
>>3305671
Go away stupid tanki LARPer, I don't care about your ramblings and your shitty overrated "socialist" country with their stupid leaders.
>>
>>3305717
The globalists brainwash you to hate the DPRK and any independent socialist country. Iran, Cuba and North Korea do not have any central banks run by the globalists and by the Rothschild's so they are fighting against the NWO and against the American system. You've been brainwashed to hate the DPRK and all independent socialist nations.
>>
>>3304794
Finland is technically third world as is Switzerland and Sweden t. knower
>>
File: 591f924e1cd0a.image.jpg (155KB, 1191x1739px) Image search: [Google]
591f924e1cd0a.image.jpg
155KB, 1191x1739px
>>3305681
>monarchy masquerading as a democratic socialist republic.
the eternal right-winger is at his core a deceiver and a co-opter. They know darn well that they can't just come out and say "I think that the upper classes should have the unlimited right to trample on people below them" because people will call them on their sociopathy so they lie, scapegoat, and deflect through appeals to tradition, the co-opting stage, where they harp on the achievements of people who aren't still alive like they were their own, claim to speak for them, and market this horse-and-pony show relentlessly to the rubes, using showmanship and familiar rhetoric to turn the proletariat against the intellectual class.

All right wing societies have the same basic essence: ruthlessly enforced social hierarchy, domination by force-industries (police, military), and coercive social conservatism. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is trying to sell you the horse and pony show, a fantasy utopia where maybe people could all just get along, you know, if it wasn't for those pesky brown people getting uppity.
>>
>>3305728
> Iran, Cuba and North Korea
>True socialism

Kek, you are hilarious man
>>
File: Stalinists.png (119KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
Stalinists.png
119KB, 500x416px
>>3305798
>ruthlessly enforced social hierarchy, domination by force-industries (police, military), and coercive social conservatism.

Man you just described Stalinism pretty well
>>
>>3305798
>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>3305293
what does your government give you on your birthday
>>
>>3304562
Not just poverty but High degree of poverty, socialist authoritarian government, malnutrition for majority of people especially in countryside, propaganda everywhere, gommunism, only upper class people live ok lives.
>>
>>3305998
freedom
>>
its a bad place to live but honestly, why cant they be left alone?
>>
>>3306026
US and Chinese foreign policies
>>
>>3305242
>North Korea is Russia's main ally
What am I reading?
>>
>>3304794
>Russia and Eastern Europe
>Not considered third world
my sides
>>
>>3306026
Because it threatens other countries with nukes but only South Koreans know it's a big fluke.

Assasinations, infiltration and terrorist attacks are the reality.
>>
>>3304600
Holy crap, are you typing this from a war zone or a basement? How is living on a starvation diet, constantly panicking about getting unpersoned, compulsory military service, near-non-existent healthcare, and backbreaking, thankless work for socialist peanuts 'better' than anywhere else, where the worst is one or a couple of those problems?
>>
>>3305816
Man, you did nothing to disprove his point. Two wrongs don't make a right (wing).
>>
Can't tell if people defending NK are serious or just trolling
>>
>>3306026
Trump wants in into the cartel/arms industry money funneling. This war was bound to happen since the USSR fell, North Korea is the main competitor to the CIA in Asia in smuggling/selling drugs (chiefly Opium) and they have alot of it. North korea is not a threat and never was, this war is happening because a few people want it to happen.
>>
>>3306784
Dude, his argument is a open generalization, he close himself in an infalseable logic where all confirm their bias, the right wing is very diverse as well the left, so using his argument it will easy to me to say (by example) stalinism is right wing, beacuse fit with most of the caraterization he describes. if the left wing is antiautoritarian then an authoritarian "left wing" regime is an oxymoron
>>
>>3307046
Even if it's being done for the wrong reasons, the people of North Korea would be far better off under the rule of the South.
>>
>>3307112
Killing norks, or killing any people is not the answer for that or the good mean to do that. Ever.
>>
>>3307115
The only way they're going to go down is violence. Everyone thought their collapse was inevtivable in the 90's and that's why Clinton gave them those nuclear reactors, they thought it wouldn't matter.

But they actually managed to pull through and if they didn't collapse than when the soviet union fell and people were starving en mass and dropping like flies across the whole country, they're never going to do it now or in the future.
>>
>>3307159
>people started starving
You say it like it's an intentional thing anon. The famines in North Korea are directly blamed on the US economic siege. Not them.
Killing people is wrong and is not the answer. I know you have American genetics and thus your memory can only extend to 1 year in the past, but I have functioning brain cells and most sensible people do and remember Iraq. I don't want what happened to Iraq to happen to North Korea (Which will most likely happen, China and Russia have interests and will proxy the conflict, and a few years down the road a civil war will happen with groups supported by China/Russia and USA's proxies).
>>
>>3307165
>You say it like it's an intentional thing anon. The famines in North Korea are directly blamed on the US economic siege. Not them.
They were directly to blame on the Soviet Union collapsing causing their whole economy to fail since it was based entirely on Soviet aid and trade. North Korea isn't like Iraq, it isn't filled with dozens of different ethnic and religious sects foaming at the mouth to slaughter each other. The people there are so obedient to authority they'll do whatever the person in charge tells them. It's more akin to Japan after ww2, the people there had a similar brainwashing to obey all commands given by authority figures. The only possible thing that cold happen is them taking the propaganda about US soldiers seriously and committing suicide or whatever, so just not send in US ground forces, have US only be there for air support logistics etc. South Korea can easily take care of the rest, and once the initial invasion is over you can slowly introduce them to the outside world and they won't be afraid of US troops anymore. That's just assuming the people there actually believe in everything the government says.
>>
Kim Jong Il was a raging moron and took what was a poor communist shithole and made it poorer than most of Africa.

He blew up a South Korean airliner. Thinking he could get other communist countries to boycott the Seoul olympics, by saying South Korea was dangerous. Instead he turned north korea into a pariah state.

Country was facing economic collapse, and experiencing famine, due to the end of the cold war. Instead of economic reforms. He spends his resources on a nuclear weapons program. Which he then used to blackmail countries into giving him aid. Developed nuclear weapons anyways.

Kidnapped directors and actresses to make movies for him.

One of his sons tried to sneak into Japan on a fake passport. So he could go to Disneyland Japan.

Banned Toyotas because he once got stuck behind one.
>>
>>3307165
>America forced North Korea to get all of their food from Russia with no back up plan
>>
>>3307232
>Banned Toyotas because he once got stuck behind one.
You always here about tin pot third world dictators doing shit like this, it's so bizarre how retarded they are.
>>
>>3307251
hear*
>>
>>3304283

Its literally just a distraction for the plebs from how shitty and disgraceful America is.
Gets all these shit for brains rednecks hyped up about the American flag and forgetting about how they have no paid holidays or healthcare and their country is like a third world dystopia.
>>
>>3304283
Probably not as bad as the US is. The US is also responsible for its current status because America bombed NK and slaughtered its citizens and now they expect NK to just love the US and do as the US says.
>>
>>3307297
>Probably not as bad as the US is

hahahahaha
>>
>>3307320

I think we can all be sure it has a much lower crime rate at least
>>
>>3305226
>US needlessly invaded Iraq for oil.
Stopped reading
>>
>>3307332
>authoritarian police state
>low crime

Man. why could it be?
>>
File: images.png (24KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
24KB, 224x225px
>>3307383

>Stopped reading

You probably never read a book did you?
>>
>>3307435
Have you? Barely any oil has come out of that country since 2003 and at least in 2012, the largest company in Iraq was Sinopec.
>>
>>3307320
When it comes to invading and destroying other countries.
>>
>>3307522
Cry me a river fag
>>
>>3304727
>>Criticize the government and you die
only liberals care about expressing their opinions
>>3304727
>>Frequent famines
only people who are scared to die fear famines
>>3304727
>>Mandatory military service
like in the west
>>3304727
>>Incredibly limited media, foreign imports are banned and if you are caught with them you go to the gulag

only people praising hedonism care about entertainment
>>3304727
>>Grossly unequal distribution of wealth
only hedonists care about this. just like in the west
>>3304727
>>Low standard of living even if you're a loyal citizen

>Technological decline and stagnation
>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc unless you are part of the elit
only hedonists care about this

>>3304727
>>The elite is constantly subject to arbitrary purges
yes people in the west believe that it is good to make a career in politics and high administration>>3304727
>>Huge meth problem due to widespread availability
harmless fun is craved by people in the west and even the rulers fail to eradicate this
>>
>>3307518
Yeah, as soon as Iraq was destabilized retarded naive amerigan occupiers tried to make a good image of themselves by booting shittons of Sunni locals from government positions and instilling Shi'ite officials. Basically flipped everything from before 2003. And suddenly.. who would've thought that means giving Iranians an nice ticket into making Iraq THEIR own puppet state. The plan collapsed on its feet, and the US propped up ISIS to prevent Iraq from coming Iran's satellite.
Sorry if this is all too complex for your burger-intellect.
>>
>>3305798
>ruthlessly enforced social hierarchy, domination by force-industries (police, military), and coercive social conservatism.
indeed. for instance the liberals and communists.
>>
>North Korea is a well documented shit hole.
>People will defend it just to be contrarian to the US government and hate Americans.

I'm losing faith in humanity.
>>
>>3304283
So why is North Korea considered a communistic country? It looks more like a absolute monarchy.
>>
>>3307664
>America systematically invading and destabilizing regions and funding terrorists around the world
>people still believe the avalanches of hot shit that their media, politicians or leadership says
I completely lost faith in humanity. It's like this sperg of a population completely forgot about 2003 Iraq.
>>3307674
It's not, normies and naive 60 IQ americans think it is because they wave red flags. It's not communist or socialist. Calling it that is like calling it a capitalist democracy.
>>
>>3307196
>directly to blame on the USSR
Ok, lets just forget all the economic sanctions ever existed. Next?
>North Korea isn't like Iraq, it isn't filled with different ethnic and religious sects
While I realise you are probably American and your history knowledge is restricted on the last few modern conflicts your country was involved in, I'll be happy to inform you that the world is bigger than that and older than that, and there are civil wars that started on things other than religion or ethnicity and power vacuum is a thing. See: 2003-2007 Iraq, Angola, current Libya.
>Look at Japan
No one else had business in Japan. That won't be remotely true in North Korea, China and Russia will under-tables intervene and proxy groups that will cause a civil war. This will 100% happen many years from now if North Korea gets invaded. When it happens remember this post.
>>
>>3307654
This has nothing to do with what I said, not does it relate to your original point of the 2003 invasion being motivated by oil.
>>
>>3307708
>not motivated by oil
Can you give me the real motivators and good reasons (other than Bush wanting to sell weapons and keep his dad's pockets lined and maintain the family's 100-year old arms-dealing reputation)?
>>
>>3307674
It's economically Leninist and everything is public property but at the same time has Fascist, racialist social policies with a monarchy. Marx's Communism was intended for industrial nations and it ended up developing bizzarely in NK.
>>
>>3307701
You cannot be real, you have to be a troll.
>>
>>3307725
>behold my argumend
>>
>>3307730
>argumend
Ahh, so you weren't trolling and now are shitposting to try and play it off
>>
>>3307750
Can you actually rebuke or are you just gonna pretend you have a counter-argument but you're trying to play things off because you don't?
>>
>>3307762
Don't worry, I "rebuked" your posts already.
I don't need to "rebut" anything because all you've made are unsourced claims and sweeping generalization
>>
>>3307782
You want me to source predictions on the future or is that your automated response when you can't rebuke something on /his/?
>>
>>3307639

54 edgy 83 me
>>
>>3306753

>not knowing that Russia and Eastern Europe are Second World, by definition.

The absolute state.
>>
>>3304283
It's a theocracy where everyone is wild about living in the best country ever, or they get killed.
>>
>>3307251
>retarded
He's got the power to do anything he wants in his own country, might as well use it
>>
>>3307908
But in such a bizarre and stupid way. What exactly does banning Toyotas accomplish? I get it that he was mad about being hold up, but how exactly does that do anything? He could have just made a law that says get out of the way whenever to you the dear leaders car and that would have been much more effective. Again tin pot dictators always make really strange and stupid laws.
>>
File: IMG_1178.jpg (548KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1178.jpg
548KB, 1100x733px
>>3304283
North Korea is crazy and miserable but not as miserable and crazy as you think. North Korean society has evolved entirely in reaction to real and perceived threats of Western and South Korean aggression. This has led then to develop a doctrine of isolation from the West, codified in the Juche ideology that supplanted Marxism-Leninism during the 70s. As such, their only real guiding principle is national self-preservation. This needs to be considered when assessing actions of North Korea that would otherwise seem irrational.

The North Korean state is a well-oiled unitary machine, dominated dually by Party Chairman Kim Jong-Un (who has complete control of the military and most foreign affairs) and the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly (an ostensibly democratic council of elected representatives that passes legislation and oversees economic planning). Local power is generally held by party cadres or the military, who are generally immune to the North Korean court system and enjoy privileged lives over everyday North Koreans.

These everyday North Koreans are absolutely very poor but probably not destitute. While malnutrition appears to be a great problem outside Pyongyang, there is no reason to believe starvation is more widespread in North Korea than in many other, more liberal nations of Central and Southeast Asia. But although Laotians and Tajiks may suffer from even less food availability, they don't suffer under the same kind of totalitarian government.

Treatment of prisoners is probably the worst aspect of North Korean society, truly Hitlerian in the brutality and wanton disregard for human life that exists in those conditions. While defector accounts vary so wildly that some stories of the camps are probably exaggerated, we can say with near-total certainty that innocent people are being brutally and indefensibly tortured and killed.
>>
>>3307639
Wow you are a complete faggot go live in North Korea then if you like their lifestyle so much.
>>
>>3307949
This is such a stupid argument

I visited Denver last month and it was pretty nice, but I'm not gonna move there to prove a point
>>
>>3307938
Kill yourself (((shill)))
>>
>>3307865
>expecting burgers to know what "first, 2nd, 3rd" world means
first mistake
>>
>>3307978
are you really suggesting north korea is run by jews
>>
It's truly amazing that there are people who are convinced that North Korea is misunderstood and the human rights violations are just Western lies... basically it's similar to making excuses for the Nazis. North Korea fits snugly into the general pattern of authoritarian states in which the ruling class seized power after a so-called "communist" revolution. Do people who think NK is great also think that the Cultural Revolution in China never happened, that Stalin was a nice man, and that there was no mass murder in Pol Pot's Cambodia?
>>
>>3308141
They probably hate Cambodia for being a CIA proxy and an enemy of the USSR
>>
>>3304735
The US imposes sanctions because we're still at war with them.

>>3304283
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzvCf_q10UZkUJE0lOav0ag
>>
>>3304735
This is a good post anon, I applaud
>>
>>3306778
>How is living on a starvation diet, constantly panicking about getting unpersoned, compulsory military service, near-non-existent healthcare, and backbreaking, thankless work for socialist peanuts 'better' than anywhere else
This is a bunch of memes. It's crazy how some people are as much brainwashed as those they critisize.
>>
>>3304562
>lol its got no road traffic cuz no one has any cars how noble they must be
>lol its got no ads cuz no one has any money how progressive
>lol half of the population is starving to death in the streets but every country has poverty
>>
>>3304794
>Sweaty

If you're gonna try to be a smug faggot, try and type the actual fucking word instead of letting autocorrect speak for you like the cuck you are. An accurate picture would be helpful as well, but let's take it one step at a time for the special needs child.
>>
>>>3304889
>I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I
>>
>>3308916
>lol its got no road traffic cuz no one has any cars how noble they must be
Having a car is mandatory in your mind I presume?

>lol half of the population is starving to death in the streets
You may not realize, but you are a victim of propaganda.
>>
>>3308929
Based Barto
>>
I've been to Pyongyang because my father is an insane commie.

It's a nicer, cleaner, more orderly Bangkok desu. I guess the rest of the country is pretty poor but Pyongyang is a perfectly acceptable city and the average person there seems relatively well off compared to the poorer parts of Asia.
>>
>>3304964
I love this place.
>>
DAILY REMINDER ONCE NORTH KOREA HAS A ROTHSCHILD BANK THE JEWS OFFICIALLY RUN THE WORLD! THEY WILL PROBABLY PUT HIS NU-MALE NEPHEW IN AS A PUPPET.THIS IS LITERALLY THE ONLY ARGUMENT YOU NEED AND BLUEPILLS WILL BE TRIGGERED. THEY PROBABLY WOULDNT HAVE TO BE SO STRICT IF THEY. WERENT UP AGAINST THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD!!!!!!!

> BUT MUH INTERWEBZ
>BUT MUH KEKCAGEMOBILE
>BUT MUH IOUJEW PAPER
>>
None of us have been there...anyone who thinks its " muh media" is a fucking idiot. I can reasonably infer the standard of living is much poorer there.
>>
>>3308916
this progress means better pleasures and less pains, people who are not successful hedonists are bad and must be killed
>>
America hates North Korea for its freedom.
>>
>>3309032
>compared to the poorer parts of Asia
And I bet you don't even imagine how poor are the poorest parts of Asia. There's some places where you can buy human meat, other places where people prostitute their cattle... And people dare complain about NK.
>>
>>3307232
>kidnapped actors and directors to make movies for him

How could anyone not like this guy? I know alot of us would do this if we had absolute power and they kept teasing us for a sequel.
>>
>>3307978
Lmao fuck off if you think Jews have anything to do with North Korea
>>
>>3307046
The funny thing is that the only way I see Trump getting a 2nd term as president is if we go into another war during his first.
>>
>>3308779
nice
>>
I'm just retarded and don't get the jokes here right
I mean no-one would actually defend the DPRK, not even /pol/, right? This is all /brit/ levels of irony.
>>
>>3311559
Yeah, how dare a country have autonomy and not want a military dictatorship puppet state on its southern border. Every nation must submit to America.
>>
>>3311559

I stand firm with the DPRK against Western Imperialism because they stand against (((them))). I am a National Bolshevik.
>>
>>3311559

The DPRK is much like Democratic Kampuchea or Nazi Germany in that they are both victims of historical revisionism and Western Propaganda.
>>
File: To_cry.gif (478KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
To_cry.gif
478KB, 240x135px
>>3305048
>The last nation in the world, where you can look at the stars, inland
>>
>>3311559
It's about 1/3 trolls, 1/3 underage /pol/fags trying to fit in, 1/3 legitimate propaganda
>>
>>3309167

I think I'd kidnap George R R Martin desu and force him to finish his fucking books already.
>>
>>3311589

"Anybody who disagrees with me is underage or spewing propaganda!"

Fuck off (((shill)))
>>
>>3311599
>1/3 underage /pol/fags trying to fit in
I see we've identified what group you're in, even if you think you're in the trolling group
>>
>Half of thread is filled with low quality bait.
>Everybody keeps biting.

This is why /his/ went to shit.
>>
>>3304853
Maybe the Soviets shouldn't have been boycotting the UN then?
>>
>>3311589
Fact: North Korea is more genuinely Korean than the plastic surgery filled capitalist shithole to the South. You are the one falling for propaganda.
>>
>>3311625
1/3 underage /pol/fags trying to fit in detected
>>
>>3304283
Well you have a relatively strong militant government that devotes nearly everything to defense spending. Percentage wise nothing else matters. This create huge problems because thing like food and water are secondary to buying more guns.
However it doesn't fall apart as one would except because everyone is convinced that they must have nukes to protect themselves, so survival is wholly hinged on military might, not food and shelter. Thus any legitimate problems are just seen as symptoms of not having enough guns and nukes. In the rare case some questions this they vanish, likely secret slave labor to help balance the budget.

It actually makes a lot of sense, China did something similar when they told their people they needed to grow more food to save staving people in the US. They were actually having a famine then, but they made everyone think it was 100 times worse everywhere else so people were glad to work in the fields. At least till they found out it was all a lie and shit hit the fan. But China wasn't as bad as NK is now, they keep upping their game to keep it running.
>>
>>3311666
xD
i love south korea now111
>>
>>3304952
It did
>>
>>3311559
There are bad sides and good sides in every country, I defend the good sides of NK.
Besides, most of the bad sides listed itt are total bs.
>>
>>3311717
What
How do you even come to that conclusion
The lack of food, medical care, adequate housing and clothing, the almost total lack of freedom, the whole "living in the 19th century" thing they have
How are any of those bullshit
>>
>>3311745
Not him but almost all of that is memes and bullshit. I think you get all of your info on NK from clickbait tabloids.
>>
>>3311745
Because except the lack of freedom these are either exaggerations, subjective perspectives or simply fake news.
>>
>>3311763
>>3311792
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/news-stories/speechopen-letter/north-korea-humanitarian-situation-and-refugees
This is MSF's statement on north korea
Please tell me which bits you find exaggerated, subjective, or falsified
>>
>>3311559
Defend their government from slander, not from legitimate criticism of their very many horrible policies
>>
>>3311798
Most of those accounts are from extremely rural areas during the time of the Great Famine. It's all really outdated info and exaggerations. Of course farmers who didn't grow crops during the Great Famine starved but it's certainly not like that now.
>>
>>3305048

They turn the lights off at night because they don't have a capitalist machine that requires 24/7 consumption of goods and services.
>>
>>3311881
Yes, but those areas were targeted for food donation specifically because they were rural. Why did the North Korean authorities not hand out food, at all in some cases, and why were spot checks not allowed?
>>
>>3305033
Juche literally has laws of succession based on royal bloodlines.
It is not Communism.
>>
>>3305033
Epic meme
>>
>>3311890
In the 90s the resource market of the Soviet sphere just collapsed. The food, fertilizers, and seed imports they had relied upon from Russia and Eastern Europe just disappeared one day.
>>
>>3305300
But literally everyone there is starving to death and every image showing people there who aren't skeletons is just communist propaganda!! David Horowitz and the National Review said so!!!
>>
>>3311917
That doesn't answer the question at all
>>
File: QTNRyfmZXB-8.png (29KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
QTNRyfmZXB-8.png
29KB, 300x250px
>>3305033
>North Korea doesn't espouse communist ideology
>North Korea looks nothing like any definition of communism
>Yet North Korea is somehow communist
>>
I just hope the country isn't levelled. I'd like all the monuments to stay up when it's taken back.
>>
>>3304554
your point is?
>>
>>3311890
>Why did the North Korean authorities not hand out food, at all in some cases, and why were spot checks not allowed?
Exceptional crisis time as >>3311917 said, and the country is "at war" with western powers, it seems logical they wouldn't allow any interference from those who embargoed them.
>>
>>3309032
This is the same impression I get from watching those DPRK 360 videos on YouTube.

Pyongyang is a real, actual dare I say it modern city with cafes, fast food restaurants, beer halls, etc.

Life behind closed doors must be a living hell with all the paranoia I guess, but on the surface Pyongyang is far superior to say...Manilla or Hanoi.
>>
>>3305645
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_39
>>
>>3304283
>Is really that bad
It's even worse. The average North Korean is 6 inches shorter than the average South Korean. This is from starvation alone. Not to mention the concentration camps which have probably higher death tolls than the Nazi camps. On top of all of this, we're holding off a nuclear confrontation that is undeniably going to happen at some point, and the longer we wait, the more devastating that will end up being.
>>
>>3309032
A lot of the surface is just that. A surface. Entire streets where the stores are just facades, just fronts with no walls or roofs or good, just pictures.

It's a failed theocracy, North Korea, and it will soon be a failed state altogether. God help the South Koreans who will have to assimilate millions of useless people.
>>
>>3309032
Do you not remember your tour guide not letting you stray off their path and instructing you not to look anyone in the eyes?

You pretty much saw a facade, but you must have seen through it at least somewhat. I don't imagine you enjoyed the food very much.
>>
File: pyongyang-streets.jpg (418KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
pyongyang-streets.jpg
418KB, 2048x1365px
>>3312863
>A lot of the surface is just that. A surface. Entire streets where the stores are just facades, just fronts with no walls or roofs or good, just pictures.
>the entirety of Pyongyang is just one expertly coordinated Potemkin village that exists merely to impress the negligible amount of tourists and foreign media they get every year
Swallow more empty and fundamentally nonsensical and contradictory propaganda, friendo.
>>
>>3304794
>Georgia not third world
>But Armenia and Azerbaijan are
Shit map
>>
>>3312863
Pyongyang is definitely not like that. Most buildings besides the Juche Tower are used. The Propaganda Village on the border is an uninhabited Potemkin village though.
>>
>>3312785
There being an exceptional crisis is even more reason to hand out food when you have it to the people. And it is very, VERY obvious to literally anybody that organisations like MSF don't act in the interest of any one country - it's literally in the name. What you're telling me is that a number of civilian organisations donated large amounts of food and medical supplies to the country when it was in a time of massive, massive need, and its decision to either destroy or keep for the upper classes those supplies is justified because the country THAT THE ORGANISATION ISN'T ALIGNED WITH is at war with you, even though you're in a truce?
>>
>>3312884
Yes, it's a third world shithole.

Now post the streets I was describing.
>>
File: Ryugyong_Hotel_4_Sep_2011.jpg (1MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
Ryugyong_Hotel_4_Sep_2011.jpg
1MB, 3456x5184px
>>3312884
I'll do you better than just a facade, anon. It's a hotel that's supposed to open, what is it, 2012? Can't wait for the big 12 to roll round so we can see it in its full splendour, can you?
>>
>>3312884
>>3312894
>>
>>3312903
Elk make for slow builders.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (532KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
532KB, 1024x683px
>>3307639
>>
NK looks like shit
>>
Communism. It doesn't work.
>>
File: Untitled-3wa.jpg (119KB, 490x329px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3wa.jpg
119KB, 490x329px
>>3312900
Is it a third world shithole or is it a pristine Potemkin village designed to fool a negligible amount of foreign tourists every year? Make up your mind already.

I see an understanably rough around the edges functioning metropolis, full of real people that even (gasp) go to supermarkets and fast food restaurants just like you and me!
>>
>>3312939
Only a shithole third world nation would need to fake being up to 1940 standards, yes.
>>
>>3311559
Yeah man invade north korea kill them all who gives a shit keep the CIA cartel opium & drug smuggling circles in Asia running I too want people to die
>>
>>3312903
You know that hotel was renovated and is functioning now after telecom companies from MENA decided to renovate it, right?

I don't understand what is a facade about that hotel, I'm pretty sure it started accepting guests in 2013.
>>
>You know that hotel was renovated and is functioning now after telecom companies from MENA decided to renovate it, right?
>I don't understand what is a facade about that hotel, I'm pretty sure it started accepting guests in 2013.
>>
>>3312959
It's still not open.
>>
>>3312951
Pyongyang is a real, functioning city with over a million people, full of normal city people living normal and mundane city lives, I know it's hard for you to accept this but it's the truth.

https://youtu.be/UsxAUyVet8A
>>
>>3312863
>autism
autism
>>
File: 1465951874285.jpg (42KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
1465951874285.jpg
42KB, 600x341px
>>3312972
>I know it's hard for you to accept this but it's the truth.
>>
>>3312983
Yes yes I know the memes have rotted your brain to the point where you believe Pyongyang is nothing but a massive Potemkin village but even a basic image search contradicts this

It's okay you will break free of the propaganda eventually the same way you stopped believing people like Hussein and Gaddafi tortured babies for fun.
>>
File: 1499715325382.png (424KB, 476x588px) Image search: [Google]
1499715325382.png
424KB, 476x588px
>>3312997
Fuck it I'm moving to Pyongyang tomorrow.
>>
File: 1200px-Manila_Philippines.jpg (319KB, 1200x793px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Manila_Philippines.jpg
319KB, 1200x793px
>>3313003
Your knee jerk meme laden responses towards a person that merely asserts that Pyongyang is an actual real city full of real people is just indicative of how contradictory the propaganda really is.

Before you move to Pyongyang make sure you check out a place like Manilla first. You know, so you can have an actual baseline for how cities in impoverished nations actually look.
>>
>>3312896
We're talking about NK man, of course they'll see MSF as a western interference what do you think. Besides, that's exactly what it is, they serve a western ideological purpose. Not everyone in the world thinks cute children must be saved at all cost, wake up.
>>
>>3313035
I understand WHY the norks didn't accept the aid, I just don't understand why this other cunt can't accept that it was because they didn't fancy having a foreign power be seen as anything useful in their shitehole of a nation
And although I can taste the venom of that second sentence, we ARE talking about the famine, not just standard north korean hard times. This is the absolute worst of times we're talking about.
>>
>>3312972
Show me where I said anything about Pyongyang, except that it's a third world shithole.

If you think first world countries get one hour of electricity a day, you're getting paid by that fat fuck Un.
>>
>>3312979
A documentary about a doctor who went and healed 1,000 people of their cataracts, and whose film crew surreptitiously filed North Korea without permission.

Everyone should see it.

North Korea is hell on earth.
>>
>>3313042
Here's to them getting worse to the Norks, by at least the degree of the sun.
>>
>>3312997
>a basic image search proves anything at all
move along folks. don't feed him anymore.
>>
>pyongyang is normal and functioning
>capitals of socialist despotisms are always where the wealth flows.
>>
>>3313043
There are people in this thread claiming Pyongyang is nothing more than a facade who are breaking out into hysterics when challenged, nobody said anything about Pyongyang being a first World city.
>>
>>3313053
>4chan poster figured it all out
Behold
>>
>>3313061
There is an actual fake village but it's not Pyongyang. It's a small town on the border.
>>
I hope all the people in this thread defending the DPRK are just trolling. If any of you actually believe this crap, you should be disgusted with yourself.
>>
>>3313061
Read the thread again.
>>
File: Pyongyang-Tourism-North-Korea-16.jpg (206KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pyongyang-Tourism-North-Korea-16.jpg
206KB, 1200x800px
>>3313071
Yes and?

I'll say it again, Pyongyang is a large, well organized and functioning metropolis, I don't see anything controversial about this statement whatsoever.
>>
>>3313077
It's controversial to youtube commenters/conspiracy theories who think all of Pyongyang is a gigantic act or a 3d mock-up.
>>
>>3313042
>This is the absolute worst of times we're talking about.
This was also an exceptional point in history for them, the collapse of USSR, this was a time where they had to be stubbornly hard to ensure the future of their existence. Accepting MSF's rules would have been the begining of the end in their eyes.
>>
>>3312939
can they post in 4chan like you and me anon?
>>
>>3313077
I wasn't disagreeing with you but was saying that other guy was half right in that NK does have Potemkin villages.
>>
>>3312903
north korea is a shithole but that building is cool as fuuuuck
>>
>>3312955
>CIA cartel opium & drug smuggling circles in Asia

At least they have purest meth in the region, man
>>
>>3313286
For touristic purpose? We have that too you know.
>>
>>3313319
Disneyland is not a Potemkin village.
>>
>>3305076
I flew missions skirting the dmz exclusively at night and that picture is utter horseshit. Looking over the mountains is like looking in the sea.
>>
>>3312023
i know, if liberalists or whoever destroy the monuments or propaganda im gonna get really mad. they are part of the history now, no matter if people like it o not
>>
>>3313024
Hey fag, I don't care if a bunch of gooks hobos are living in trash made houses because they have a shitty government, this not makes me the kim's "commie" kingdom paradise more appealing.
>>
>>3313326
Disneyland is an extreme example since it's an amusement park, but it's more or less the idea. Asians more than others love this kind of display.
>>
Juche is gone, songun AKA military first is the new ideology. NK is now a low tech Prussia.
>>
>>3313898
I thought Kim Jong-Un was more paranoid about the military's power and putting less emphasis on songun
>>
>>3304539
>>3304539
>>3304539
it's whacky bro....... in k-2 you will be taught that kim the first threw a boulder into the sea at 3 ships of japenese occupiers and sank all 3 and did this at the age of 14............. have you ever listened to what nk defectors had to say ? obviously not
>>
>>3304661
>I don't see how it could be considered bad to not have them.
>Hurr durr let's not have computers how could things possibly be worse
You're either blind or retarded, congrats.
>>
>>3305226
>they didn't pursue nukes or missles until the US needlessly invaded Iraq for oil.
-t. Kim Jong Un
>>
>>3305681
>Before the collapse North Korea was a superstate
A: LOLNO
B: They were better off due to huge amounts of soviet aid, not being hit by natural disasters to the extent that they were shortly after, and due to having a bit more sympathy.

>Better than South Korea
No.
>>
>>3305728
>Constantly fuck with your neighbors and let nutters lead your country
>Wow why does everybody hate us fucking United States
>>
>>3306820
There's a handful of actual retards like maoistrebel and Chris Gillon who think the DPRK dindu nuffin and that the imperialist american be keepin the juche man down.
>>
>>3314935
Source?
>>
>>3314940
When did the North fuck with neighbors without provocation ever?
>>
>>3311625
Define Korean.
>>
>>3312023
If I end up going there, I'll try to bring back a cool statue of Il Sung to put in my yard.
>>
>>3314973
Ethnic and culturally Korean. Even most of SK admits they're closer to that ideal than they are.
>>
>>3314946
Don't forget Caleb Maupin.
>>
>>3314952
>Sinking boats
>Kidnapping people
>Blowing up airliners
>Korean war
>Landing submarines on South Korea
>Killing a guy over a tree
And all of the above are off the top of my head. Can you post a scan for the manual of red star linux?
>>
>>3314990
Yeah I asked for un-provoked, can you provide that?
>>
>>3314990
Oh also can't forget shelling islands.
>>
>>3314993
See
>>3314990
>>
>>3314999
It's a combination of children from /leftypol/, trolls, and contrarians.
>>
>>3304554
wherein one worships the leader
>>
I can't remember the exact story, I think it was Michael Malice, who talked about during the famine there were UN inspectors or something sent for food distribution, and they were brought to a village, and then later brought to the same village and told it was the same one so that the food would be sent there again.
>>
>>3315051
told it was a different one*
>>
so the US gona invade yet another country? dont they want a token evil regime, or its gona be some african shithole next? i heard nigeria has lots of oil
>>
File: communist ass fish.png (225KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
communist ass fish.png
225KB, 720x609px
>>3304735
>strive for autarky
>devolve into a shithole when your foreign funding dries up

really activates the almonds
>>
>>3315079
The autarky push is mostly a reaction to the early 90s economic crash
>>
>>3311589
Why would /pol/ support a socialist country committed to proletarian internationalism that is avowedly anti-West and explicitly feminist?
>>
>>3315171
The average western mega Corp is more internationalist and feminist than the DPRK is.
>>
>>3315171
>committed to proletarian internationalism
Except they're not, you fucking idiot. They haven't ever been. They literally inspired Ceasescu even. Open a fucking book sometime, god damn it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPf-zZ4eKQ
Literally the kind of info someone who has never read a single thing about NK would say.
>>
>>3304562
Yea a totalitarian state sounds like a pleasant place to live.
>>
>>3304283
Its American bullshit. You should read up on Andre Vltchek and from Caleb Maupin if you want the truth about North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6X-_NU_prM
>>
>>3316673
I live in a democracy and yet I have zero (0) word to say on what makes my daily environment. At the end of the day the ruling class always makes whatever they want, elected or not.
>>
File: nskorea.jpg (27KB, 559x403px) Image search: [Google]
nskorea.jpg
27KB, 559x403px
>>3305681
>Before the collapse North Korea was a superstate and miles ahead of South Korea. 3 years after the USSR fell North Korea started suffering chronic famines, that's how brutal the US economical/sanction siege is on North Korea.

Bullshit. When states go communist without being industrialized, they experience rapid growth when the government is shitting out heavy industry. Then they stagnate while using up their industrial base to afford "luxury" for the leaders and useless military shit that they only need because they are hostile to the rest of the world to begin with. Once their industrial base is eroded enough, and they used up all welfare they get from foreign countries, they implode. Then they either transition to a market system, or they continue to be shit forever. North Korea uses its military to keep the free world from forcing them to become less corrupt and to coerce them into gifting them food and raw materials so they can continue their failed state on the backs of the regular folks.

It's an evil system and it survives because going to war with them to take them down would cost more than 100 years of welfare for them.
>>
>>3317041
How is this statistic supposed to be credible? It says North Korean GDP remained literally static for decades
>>
>>3316919
He says on 4chan without a shred of self-awareness
>>
Official music of this post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Htyf0ZbQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_KKgzVspag

The tale of North Korea, explained:
>1948-1992
>During the Japanese occupation of Korea, all industry was concentrated to the North
>After the Korean War, NK claimed a majority of Korea's industry
>Ever notice on documentaries about North Korea were people visit the place how all the buildings and furniture look like they're from the 80's? It's because that was the only time their industry had any growth, it was the only time they were making anything, now they're so fucking destitute they can't even afford it, and even if they could fucking chipmunk boy wouldn't do anything about it
>Immediately after the Korean War, Kim Il Sung initiated a reconstruction plan which was
very successful, so much so that it recovered from the devastation of the Korean War faster than South Korea
>Kim Il Sung actually gave a damn about people, he was a competent leader and an intellectual, mostly because he had to fight for power
>Soviet aid and a competent leadership gave NK a tolerable and standard quality of life for Post-Stalin Soviet standards, NK was a second world country very comparable to USSR in terms of quality of life in this period
>Kim Jong Il was spoiled and incompetent as fuck, didn't give a fuck about the people
>1992-Present
>Kim Il Sung dies
>Soviet Union goes under
>ohfuck.jpg
>No more Soviet aid
>They burned bridges with the PRC years ago over being Anti-Maoist and not being on their side during the Sino-Soviet split, China refuses aid
>An incompetent and callous buffoon is now handed ultimate power
>NK then becomes the nightmarish hellhole we know it as
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.