[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Book of Mormon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is this historical?
>>
>>3301154
Proof?
>>
File: spurdo mormonism.png (56KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo mormonism.png
56KB, 853x543px
>>3301151

Not having the Mormons become the victims of the analog to the Holocaust was by far one of the worst mistakes in TL-191. Would've made more sense in the context of the story and resonated much better with the reader.
>>
>>3301166
Prove to me Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet.
>>
>>3301151
I bet it was fun being Joseph Smith.

How do cult leaders always convince cucky guys to let them fuck their wives? "Uh hey Bob me and God were talking and he said I need to fuck your wife.. that's not an issue is it?" "Well if God said so I guess it's OK."

Is it the hope that the cult leader will reward them a higher position in the group or something?
>>
>>3301179
Shut the fuck up, Joseph Smith is a prophet and God and Jesus spoke to him and I know by faith.
>>
>>3301186
Hey did you meet Warren Jeff's when you were a kid?
>>
>>3301194
Warren Jeffs is a false prophet, Thomas Monson is the true prophet of the Church.
>>
Total horseshit.
Indians are Jews is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Not even /pol/ or SJWs could be this fucking stupid.

That being said, at least Mormons are nicest guys, and ex Mormon homos are top tier and awesome in bed.
>>
>>3301208
You have no proof the Indians aren't Jews.
>>
>>3301215
>>3301208
You have no proof the Indians /are/ Jews.
>>
>>3301151
They have actually found some cities that match the accounts in the early books, however their new world historiography is pretty poor when it comes to numbers, peoples, geography and technology.

The only way it becomes even partially viable is if you cherry pick developments from all over north and south america from different time periods and hope that because they existed at those times they could all exist together in one little patch of central america which was reached by numerous transatlantic trips by ancient Israelites.
>>
>>3301151
Hysterical more like.
>>
>>3301151
Book of morons.
>>
>>3301179
Many weren't okay with it. He lost a lot of prominent supporters who had been with him since the beginning when he started secretly teaching polygamy and marrying other men's wives. For the sake of the religion it's probably good that he died right when he did, or else the sleazy nature of the whole affair would have been exposed before it the leaders could make it a part of the religion.
>>
They made their own history, even though the book is probably faked, their influence was big enough to shape America.

>thousands of pioneers poured out west on the Mormon Trail
>created their own language, military, government
>LDS church today (not the offshoots like YFZ or Fundamentalists, who have been excommunicated) donate HUGE amounts of money to charities
>followers must prove they're able to keep to the rules and tithe; They donate a large chunk of income to charity as a rule (guy I spoke to about this in boot camp donated a full 1/4)

The history is interesting in itself, even if the Book of Mormon is fake, it's got spurred some cool research on out-of-place archaeological sites.

>Do you really believe that Indians are the descendants of Cain?

No, but it's not much crazier than believing in Jonah or Noah's Ark
>>
>>3301151
Not in the slightest, but Mormons are really decent folks and I'm happy to let them believe what they want.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.