[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Reconquista a mistake? It seems like quality of life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1503030922124.png (904KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503030922124.png
904KB, 640x960px
Was the Reconquista a mistake? It seems like quality of life for those under the Moors was infinitely better than the Christians.
>>
>>3301095
500 years later, where would you rather live: Spain or North Africa?
>>
>>3301103
North africa if the reconquista never happened.
>>
>>3301095
>Go to hell for all eternity
>better quality of life
>>
Cute doggy
>>
Because you've only learned about the Umayyad Córdoba Caliphate, which collapsed only 100 years after its founding and got taken over by bloodthirsty Berber warlords like the Almohads
>>
>>3301103
>implying there's a difference
>>
The Andalucian Caliphates were an odd construction. The monarchy was essentially visigothic but how? Well, the first generation of Arab rulers had a preference for blonde women, Visigothic noblemen would give their daughters away to Arab overlords untill the monarchy became white (except with arab paternal lines). A similar process is happening nowadays in Scandinavia.
>>
>>3301095
Yeah muslim conquest was realy nice, with butterflys and rainbows. There was no murder, enslaving or rape. And the regime after was esp nice for christians. Thinking that christian folk would live better under a muslim regime than under a christian one, is beyond me.
>>
>>3302429
>Thinking that christian folk would live better under a muslim regime than under a christian one, is beyond me.

That was literally the case in Central Europe during the Ottoman conquests.
Muslims were huge dicks, but tolerant dicks. They could move up in the social hierarchy, practice any form of Christianity (Catholic, protestant, Orthodox,...) or Jewishness.
Once the Catholic Habsburgs got the place back, they mercilessly slaughtered anyone who wasn't a Catholic because fuck anyone who doesn't suck off the Pope like they do.

Not saying that was the case in Spain but the religion tends to have little to do with how bad or well off the people really are. It's the rulers that really matter ad both sides had a ton of good ones and shitty ones.
>>
>>3302475
>feeling sorry for pr*testants and orth*dx
>>
>>3302475
Except for you know the kidnapping, rape, forced conversions, second class citizen status, being taxed into Oblivion and if your ruler was ever having a bad day an occasional genocide?
Yeah. Sounds nice.
>>
>>3302503
t. catholic LARPer
>>
File: 1494992067307.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1494992067307.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>3302475
Yeah, it was so great that they wanted to get the fuck out for centuries, even the ones that went full Moslem.
>>
>>3301095
fuck you ahmed, we cut your throat if you try coming back pendejo
>>
File: turk.png (469KB, 535x452px) Image search: [Google]
turk.png
469KB, 535x452px
>>3301095
there was a brief period of peace and prosperity, then it turned to shit as expected
>>
File: Battle of Tours.jpg (201KB, 1585x756px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Tours.jpg
201KB, 1585x756px
>>3301095
This triggers the Moor.
>>
>>3302057
So you're telling me that the Swedes are actually just playing the long game to blanch all the Somalian traits out of their gene pool over time?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.