[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember The Bronx Is Burning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 5647519320_9fbc1c6827_b.0.jpg (411KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
5647519320_9fbc1c6827_b.0.jpg
411KB, 800x438px
I found a really cool video that took me back to this odd time of New York history most do not want to remember.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYONIupgdOy/?taken-by=rockyola

Around the span of the 1970's through early 90's
Bronx was going through utter shit. That was pretty much the time period where crack was going around the city of New York rapidly. It attracted a lot of gangsters, dealers, addicts etc.

Sorta sounds like Detroit.

It's amazing to see hoe much has been cleaned up to be honest!

One of the main reasons as to why much land was just nothing but unoccupied piles of rubble was because many buildings were lit on fire for insurance money/better buildings. Some abandoned buildings were later just demolished or burnt to ashes. Emergency 9-11 responders also took long to respond to these emergency calls. Seems like they wanted to let their city rot into "urban decay".
>>
Corrupt landlords were paying crackheads to burn down buildings en masse so they could cash the insurance checks. Landlords are seriously scum.
>>
Jesus Christ, that instagram video was way too dope. I love it, I keep watching it. It's that catchy tune/beat too.

I never expected New York to even look so trashy. They really let themselves go.
>>
>>3300600
Now what could have possibly been the demographic composition of that borough, I wonder....
>>
>>3300618
Go to sleep Mao
>>
>>3300631
Landlords in big citties where housing is in huge demand are the biggest shysters you can think of. They will literally rather be tortured+maimed then do do renovations that are needed for the health of their tenants like lead removal
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.