[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Day Iraq

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: n281CUO.png (225KB, 1736x883px) Image search: [Google]
n281CUO.png
225KB, 1736x883px
What ancient civilizations are modern day Iraqis related to? Are Northern Iraqis different from Southern Iraqis?

I read that all iraqis, aside from a few tribes (such as Jabouri), have very little arab admixture and crusader dna. And that they are their own unique Arabized ethnic group in Middle east.

Im not talking about Assyrians or Kurds. Im talking about the ones that consider themselves "Arab."

I was looking into this, because i met an iraqi guy at uni who considers himself arab, and he looked weird as fuck. Olive skin, tall, and hairy as hell.
>>
>>3300430
I heard Marsh Arabs are probably the genetically closest to Chaldeans and Babylonians. And that some Iraqi Arabs chart closer to Iranians then other Arabs, though that might be implicating that they are Arabized Iranians considering that Baghdad and most of Central and Eastern Iraq were considered literal parts of Pars/Far/Persia for a long ass time before the rise of the Arabs.
>>
>>3300430

They're descended from Arabian tribes
>>
>>3300430
No ancient ones, but Umayyad and later.
>>
Arabized Babylonians + different tribes that occupied irak since.
>>
nice sourceless pca map, anon.
go die in a fucking fire you imbecile son of a whore
>>
>>3300430
I had an Iraqi Arab friend who came from a very influential tribe. He's naturally light-skinned (pretty pale because he doesn't go outside) relatively small nose. Black hair but his beard has ginger hairs funnily enough. Quite tall for an Iraqi. His sister looks like she could pass for a European.

Just wondering is there a connection with how influential and powerful a tribe is/was and how their people look?
>>
I trained with an interpreter from Baghdad. He had auburn hair and light skin and quite european looking.
>>
File: pone.0054616.g002.jpg (40KB, 747x369px) Image search: [Google]
pone.0054616.g002.jpg
40KB, 747x369px
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3559847/

>while each population shows evidence of connections with expansions that now define the Middle East, Africa, and Europe, many of the populations in the Middle East show distinctive mtDNA and Y-haplogroup characteristics that indicate long standing settlement with relatively little impact from and movement into other populations.

This is very interesting. I think it may help in answering your question OP. Also It sort of squashes any genetically motivated "Arab Nationalism" movements.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.