[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

&humanities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: henryviii_freshex1.jpg (173KB, 310x296px) Image search: [Google]
henryviii_freshex1.jpg
173KB, 310x296px
how do I become an anglican?

I grew up christian / protestant. became atheist, now I see the error of my ways and would like to go back to religion. I like the aesthetics of catholicism but I don't know anything about it. anglicanism seems like a good middle ground between the two.

can some one fill me on anglicanism? or try to convince me to become protestant or catholic.
>>
>>3299320
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
-Proverbs 3:5-6(KJV)
>>
>>3299320
From what I know Anglicanism is the result of Henry viiis ordeal, he made the bishops of England recognize him as head of the church in England. At first they were identical to the Catholic Church in terms of having ordained priests, bishops, 7 sacraments, Latin mass. But after the death of Henry, bishop Cranmer instituted continental Protestant reforms and abolished the mass, reformed the rite of ordination, introduced Lutheran theology into the Anglican code of beliefs from 1547-1551. When Queen Mary I inherited the throne she made all Anglican bishops rejoin the pope(which they gladly did because many disagreed with the Edwardine reforms), they brought back the latin mass, and ordination rites of priests and bishops. This process continued until Elizabeth I inherited the throne in 1558 when she tried to make the bishops accept the Edwardine Anglican reforms which failed because almost all of the bishops refused this time and got deprived from their sees and expelled to mainland Europe. Elizabeth then brought back actual Protestant Calvinist minded English theologians from Switzerland to become Protestant Anglican bishops and clergymen. Many of these guys eventually formed Puritanism-evangelical low church Anglicanism. Later on some Anglicans formed high church Anglicanism which was a copy of Catholicism many of which have formed the ordinariate catholic churches in communion with the pope in 2012.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.